The more the merrier Baclofen progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cindi, I totally get what you are saying. I'm just using as many excuses I can. I know that it is time to buck up and do this.

Comment

Wow Cindi, way to go! That is great you didn't crave with your son drinking in front of you. Congrats on your 1 week AF.
      Shelby, sounds like your mind is doing the "If I'm going on a diet, I'll eat up all the cookies today" routine with daily drinking if you don't usually do that.
      Siwan, I'm sure you will have this licked by your family reunion. Hopefully you can just be amused by whatever makes you want thorazine. My vacation will be fun, but will be around friends who all drink (moderately) and I want to focus on them, not how much is in my glass. Then there is my high school reunion, which feels a bit stressful as I have killed a lot of brain cells and hardly remember anyone.
      Evie, that is great that such a low dose works for you and that you don't even have to take it all the time.
      I'm going up to 50mg today. I feel like I'm having some effect already. I did have some craving at a 4th barbeque last night and ended up drinking about 4 glasses of wine over a several hr period. But at least I didn't have any more when I got home and did not really want any badly - more a passing thought. My husband remarked this morning that I had drunk moderately, which was somewhat embarrassing as I was aware I drank more than most the women there. I'm going for AF now at least until vacation.

Comment

A bit off the thread but does anyone have and ideas about treating upper mid back pain. Mine is caused by sitting @ the PC day and night, but I do take breaks. Obviously don't want to take painkillers. Ideas. comments
        Long Road
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Long Road-I have used this is in the past and it has worked wonders ThermaCare HeatWraps—Lower Back &amp Hip
          I also go in for a massage when I can.

I'm feeling much better this morning. I don't know if I'm starting to notice changes (I'm at 40mg) from the Baclofen or if I have mentally told myself "you will do this and you will enjoy it" :H:H I'm staying at this doasage today and will move up to 50mg tomorrow. I can't comment on the sleepiness because for the past 3 days I have been hungover and I would have been tired anyway. I'll see how it goes not being hungover today!

I also wanted to comment that my anxiety seems to be subsiding. Usually after a binge it takes me a few days to get into the swing of things. But, this morning I woke up feeling fresh and ready to tackle the day. Now that is a great feeling!

Comment

Long Road, I have also struggled with mid back pain. I started yoga, which increased my core muscle strength. This did wonders for my back pain. I stopped yoga, due to AL, and my back pain returned. I would say that Plates or Yoga should help. It also increases flexibility.

Comment

Shelby, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today and starting to get some effect! I am having no cravings as long as it is not in sight.

Comment

How is everyone doing? I'll read all the progress threads in a minute.
                Titrating up again today to 15, 20,15. I'm not so tired as I feel sort of out of it sometimes. I'm still not noticing any real reduction in cravings. Maybe today will be the day!

Comment

Zen, I have only been taking it for a little over a week, so I guess that also may be a reason.

Comment

An update on me for the scientists out there keeping track of everyone. I'm at 50 mg. and feeling fine with no cravings, only passing thoughts. Have been wondering if I'm at my switch dose, but I'm on vacation, so no real stress, and there have not been temptations, like an open bottle of wine sitting on the table in front of me (DH has had only beer a couple of times). Last night we ended up going out to a very nice restaurant unexpectedly (the casual one near it was closed). I did end up ordering a glass of wine (after much debating with self - the scientist in me testing to see if it was working but knowing this could easily be my self deception after reading billyb's analysis of the LRB article and feeling some guilt because I said no drinks untill our trip next week). And for the first time in I cannot remember how long, DH finished his before I did - mine lasted all through waiting for the meal and the meal (as his usually does). Usually I'm ordering another when they bring the meal. Absolutely no desire for another. I may go up to 60 so I'm well prepped for our trip next week

Comment

That's wonderful, Louise. A glass of wine usually is empty before I finish appetizers! I'm also at 50 mg now and I'm still not noticing changes in cravings, yet. It's okay, I'm not getting discouraged! I did, though, take a Melatonin to help me sleep last night and that was a huge mistake! It was like someone else (I think Cindi) described in another thread...I felt comatose but I still could tell what was going on. And my dreams were horrible!

I'm going to Book Club tonight and I keep going back and forth on to drink or not. I don't want to because I know with me one leads to 8. But, there is a part of me thinking that maybe the Baclofen is working and I might can drink just one? I think I'm setting myself up for a fall.

Comment

That is great to hear Louise, You are getting really good results at quit low dose. I think you should dose up only if you start to crave. Keep Bac near by as you would a dear friend and if a craving comes you can add another 10 mg and feel comfortable knowing the craving will soon pass.
                        That's how it works for me, anyway ???
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie, that may be what I'll do - just went and put a supply in my purse so I'm sure to have it. Shelby, I had not been having any cravings at all, so you may want to hold off if you can or somehow make sure you do only have 1. Have fun at book club!

Comment

Zen
                            No squirrels here only marsupials. Can I come as a possum?
                            Long Road
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I drank water and green tea tonight. I really wanted to drink a glass of wine but I knew what it would lead to.

Comment

Hi there...

Ive been reading the threads here almost daily. Baclo seems to be doing the trick for everyone who gives it a genuine go.

Its been a few weeks. I ve got 100 litres of homebrew ready to bottle that I arranged for my neighbor to bottle and keep for herself. I also gave her 280 750ml bottles....mostly full.
                                So I spoke to her a week ago about helping her bottle them just this once. Next time she is on her own. Then she asks me " Whats that stuff you are taking ? ". She was astonished that I just stopped drinking no problem.

We had talked about baclo in the previous weeks. She started taking baclo within minutes and is doing great on 50mg. She read the book in 3 days. Problem is now, I have to tip the 100 litres on the lawn and get rid of the bottles. No problem !

We both ordered from Inhouse ( thanks Oliveoyl ). US 26c each 10mg delivered. Brilliant. Arrived in 3 days from Vanuatu. The other orders took 10 days.

I had spent 16 days at 137.5 mg and tomorrow will be down to 100mg. Its been easy so far and cant see why it wont continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X