No announcement yet.

Consolidated Baclofen Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, holy shit, bacman. What a roller coaster. Overdosing on baclofen SUCKS and I've done it more than once. I'm really glad you're okay this morning/afternoon. (I just woke up. 730 my time...)

I have to admit that at the beginning of your post I was really, really worried and felt terrible but by the end I was literally laughing out loud. Thanks for starting my day off like that. (Laughing with you, not at you.)

So, first things first. It ain't my first rodeo and it's certainly not the first time someone has reached out from afar. There were people here who did it for me (Terryk and others) way, way back in the day. There aren't many of us who have been around as long and still check in regularly. _serenity_ and I hit the switch around the same time, and I'm pretty sure we posted to each other (and others) every single day. I was the nutjob who kept taking too much or too little...She was much more reasonable. Anyway...

Taking too much baclofen fucks up my eyes, too. And I don't know if it will make you feel better, but wetting the bed is not that unusual when you overdose. Seems to happen to guys more than women, but maybe the women just don't post about it? I know I wouldn't, even if it had happened to me. It's a chick thing.

I doubt you're bipolar if you haven't had a diagnosis yet. I'm not but I still had some hypomania. (And I agree with you. It's a terrible disease/diagnosis and I was VERY fucking relieved that I'm not actually...My sister-in-law is and she is a messed up woman. Won't take her meds...Then again, now that I've experienced a bit of it, I don't know if I would either.)

I'm also one of the ones who was alcoholic from day one. Unlike you, though, alcohol (and cigarettes) are my one and only true loves. My husband, on the other hand, never met a drug he didn't like and couldn't abuse. He once took the dog's meds. All of them. Seriously. Scared the shit out of me and I spent the day monitoring him to make sure he kept breathing. God those were awful times.

He's sober now. Baclofen works, even for those of us who are fucked up from the beginning and love any kind of high.

And now I guess you know why we say to go slow and that it isn't addictive. It'll fuck you up, but it isn't any fun.

Look, don't feel bad about trying it, though. Been there. And I'll tell you a cautiounary tale about not taking enough, before you go and decide to do that too. ()

My husband decided, despite the fact that I was walking him through this whole process every day, to go from ~140 to ~60mg. His work, at the time, was incredibly stressful because the company he worked for went through a hostile takeover, they fired everyone except him and one other executive. He wanted a clear mind, and felt like baclofen was making him fuzzy.

He went to work. And he lost his shit. Called me around lunchtime and told me that he walked out. He couldn't take it. He was in his car sobbing. (I'd never heard him cry before. God those were awful days.) So I picked him up, got him to the doctor, got him some benzos, got him back on the right amount of bac, and spent the next two days convincing him that he could, indeed, go back to work.

Which he did. And kicked some ass. Got sober a couple of weeks later, got another job with a 50% salary increase. That meant I could stop working and go back to school. So I did. The rest, my friend, is history.

Of course, I was a bit (ahem) retarded in that I decided to go WAY down to 80mg and started drinking again. But it is NOTHING like it used to be, even though it still sucks. I have no doubt that I'll stop soon. If for no other reason than that booze is expensive and I have a penchant for expensive shoes I can't afford at the moment.

Hang in there my friend.
    :hug: Karen/Ne

Comment

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
      You are a superwoman Ne
      You know Ne, I was not sure I was going to like you seeing you and SF' posting but this just goes to show how wrong some of my initial judgements are
      I'm hardly a superwoman. I'm as fucked up as everyone else here. Keep it in mind. ha.

Also, I can be a total bitch, and I have no issues admitting that. Sometimes it works in my favor and I can get shit done. Sometimes it just means that I answer petty bullshit with more petty bullshit. Spiritfree plucks my every last nerve. Justifiably. But I understand why it's hard for new people to understand a shit history of more than 2 years.

Have you seen this?
      This is "SNl bitch is new black-QuickTime H.264" by World War Seven on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Makes me laugh all the time. I have "Bitch is the new black" hanging in a frame in my study.

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
      I am going to resume my dose of 150mg a day but I am wary of going up, so I am going to mainatain this for a week or so - What do you think?

Also do you think a Thyiamine (B1) supplementary pill is any good on its own?
      Maintaining sounds like a very reasonable idea.

I have no idea about supplements. I would think, based on what my pDoc has said, that a full spectrum B vitamin is a better idea. But seriously, I'm much more skeptical of supplements than I am of medicines, so for supplement advice you might want to try someone who doesn't think they're all malarkey. ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
        I'm hardly a superwoman. I'm as fucked up as everyone else here. Keep it in mind. ha.

Also, I can be a total bitch, and I have no issues admitting that. Sometimes it works in my favor and I can get shit done. Sometimes it just means that I answer petty bullshit with more petty bullshit. Spiritfree plucks my every last nerve. Justifiably. But I understand why it's hard for new people to understand a shit history of more than 2 years.
        . Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
          . Bump
          At least I'm not an asshole. By the way, you forgot to quote this part:

Have you seen this?
          This is "SNl bitch is new black-QuickTime H.264" by World War Seven on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Makes me laugh all the time. I have "Bitch is the new black" hanging in a frame in my study.

Comment

. Bump
            Christ - Must be right on it - If that is your attempt at winding Ne up I think you got the right response

Or is the noise your head made as it hit the floor when you fell over pissed again

Close call
            At least I'm not an asshole
            No you is a Biatch, Sister

Oh and Ne you must learn to say arsehole, it is some much more clinical than asshole

Regards to all

Bacman
            I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
            Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Oh, holy shit, bacman. What a roller coaster. Overdosing on baclofen SUCKS and I've done it more than once. I'm really glad you're okay this morning/afternoon. (I just woke up. 730 my time...)

I have to admit that at the beginning of your post I was really, really worried and felt terrible but by the end I was literally laughing out loud. Thanks for starting my day off like that. (Laughing with you, not at you.)

So, first things first. It ain't my first rodeo and it's certainly not the first time someone has reached out from afar. There were people here who did it for me (Terryk and others) way, way back in the day. There aren't many of us who have been around as long and still check in regularly. _serenity_ and I hit the switch around the same time, and I'm pretty sure we posted to each other (and others) every single day. I was the nutjob who kept taking too much or too little...She was much more reasonable. Anyway...

Taking too much baclofen fucks up my eyes, too. And I don't know if it will make you feel better, but wetting the bed is not that unusual when you overdose. Seems to happen to guys more than women, but maybe the women just don't post about it? I know I wouldn't, even if it had happened to me. It's a chick thing.

I doubt you're bipolar if you haven't had a diagnosis yet. I'm not but I still had some hypomania. (And I agree with you. It's a terrible disease/diagnosis and I was VERY fucking relieved that I'm not actually...My sister-in-law is and she is a messed up woman. Won't take her meds...Then again, now that I've experienced a bit of it, I don't know if I would either.)

I'm also one of the ones who was alcoholic from day one. Unlike you, though, alcohol (and cigarettes) are my one and only true loves. My husband, on the other hand, never met a drug he didn't like and couldn't abuse. He once took the dog's meds. All of them. Seriously. Scared the shit out of me and I spent the day monitoring him to make sure he kept breathing. God those were awful times.

He's sober now. Baclofen works, even for those of us who are fucked up from the beginning and love any kind of high.

And now I guess you know why we say to go slow and that it isn't addictive. It'll fuck you up, but it isn't any fun.

Look, don't feel bad about trying it, though. Been there. And I'll tell you a cautiounary tale about not taking enough, before you go and decide to do that too. ()

My husband decided, despite the fact that I was walking him through this whole process every day, to go from ~140 to ~60mg. His work, at the time, was incredibly stressful because the company he worked for went through a hostile takeover, they fired everyone except him and one other executive. He wanted a clear mind, and felt like baclofen was making him fuzzy.

He went to work. And he lost his shit. Called me around lunchtime and told me that he walked out. He couldn't take it. He was in his car sobbing. (I'd never heard him cry before. God those were awful days.) So I picked him up, got him to the doctor, got him some benzos, got him back on the right amount of bac, and spent the next two days convincing him that he could, indeed, go back to work.

Which he did. And kicked some ass. Got sober a couple of weeks later, got another job with a 50% salary increase. That meant I could stop working and go back to school. So I did. The rest, my friend, is history.

Of course, I was a bit (ahem) retarded in that I decided to go WAY down to 80mg and started drinking again. But it is NOTHING like it used to be, even though it still sucks. I have no doubt that I'll stop soon. If for no other reason than that booze is expensive and I have a penchant for expensive shoes I can't afford at the moment.

Hang in there my friend.
              :hug: Karen/Ne
              bump

Comment

Please, to all new people visiting this site/forum or trying to find help for your AUD (alcohol use disorder), do not let the above posts deter you from seeking further information on this forum. As many will attest, there is lots of helpful information relative to medications for AUD (alcohol use disorder a/k/a Alcoholism) and there is a lot of support on other sections of the forum if you are seeking relief from alcoholism. (the above posts were only made in fun for each other that were writing to each other). This forum recognizes how deadly and serious this disease is so please seek information from other sections.

If you should read this post and you are suffering from addiction to the n-th degree, please go to the newbie's nest and start from there. --sf--

Comment

Please, to all new people visiting this site/forum or trying to find help for your AUD (alcohol use disorder), do not let the above posts deter you from seeking further information on this forum. As many will attest, there is lots of helpful information relative to medications for AUD (alcohol use disorder a/k/a Alcoholism) and there is a lot of support on other sections of the forum if you are seeking relief from alcoholism. (the above posts were only made in fun for each other that were writing to each other). This forum recognizes how deadly and serious this disease is so please seek information from other sections.

If you should read this post and you are suffering from addiction to the n-th degree, please go to the newbie's nest and start from there. --sf--
                  Au contraire dear boy

I joined the forum through a simple google search (other search engines are available) and fortunately none of SF' ramblings were shown - I was attracted to the niceties (sp?) of the nest areas and the lovely peeps there

Only when I was safely enconced in there did I investigate the forum - By this time I had done a little light reading and having moderated several forums it did not take me long to recognise what SF was - A pest, a person who either does not reply to or ignores posts that he feels are not what he wants to hear - Bury head in sand, comes to mind (amongst others)

Got to run to Kids footie now but I will be back

Regards

Bacman
                  I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                  Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Have you seen this?

Missed this the first time. LOL. :thumbsup:
                    http://baclofentreatment.com/
                    http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                    http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X