Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolidated Baclofen Success Thread

Hi Bright!

Yes, I only take the Nal when I know I am going to drink, an hour before. I will continue that. As for my dosage of Bac, I am getting fearful, as I only have a few days left, and waiting for my order to arrive. I have reordered from alldaychemist.com, and well, before they answered emails and such, and well, this time they aren't answering emails, and I can't get in mto my account to check my order status! So I am freaking out! I was up to 100mgs, but then was tapering down, so I would have enough until my order came in, but who knows now. I have a physical at the Dr's on the 27th and I am going to bring it up to her in hopes of getting a script. I could be paying much less with insurance. Even if she doesn't give me a script, I will still take it, as it has really done wonders!

Right now I have beer in the fridge, and I don't feel like drinking any. I was offered one at dinner, and declined. I think it really does wonders for my kids seeing me actually decline a beer instead of being the cat that jumps through walls for the Whiskas cat treats, for the beer!!!!!
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

NC:new:

Hey all,
      I am new at this. Did any of you do the hypnotherapy, take the supplements, and follow the MWO regimine or did you just take Baclofen?
      Thanks.
      NC

Comment

I just do the baclofen.. I'm really too lazy to do much else.

In other news, went up 170mg yesterday (my 4th day AF) and @ 170mg I was pretty sure I was feeling indifferent to alcohol.. I thought about it but absolutely no desire.

I'm still not sure I've reached the elusive "switch" but something is definitely up.

Side effects:
        Slight mental confusion ie: going to get something in another room only to forget what it was when I get there.. and my place isn't that big

Headaches I had nearly all day when I went up to 150mg are completely gone.

Very few visual disturbances but they are there after the last 60mg dose.

Balance still way off but not nearly as bad as when I started.

Still have the central nervous system twitches but I'm either used to them or they aren't all that bad.

I have no somnolence but I'm pretty sure that's due to the 200mg wellbutrin SR @ 8am and 200mg @ 1pm.

I've moved all of my baclofen doses to very late in the day.. when I started taking them in the morning it was tough to make it through the work day.

Here's my current regimen

8am 200mg Wellbutrin SR
        1pm 200mg Wellbutrin SR & 50mg baclofen
        5pm 60mg baclofen
        8pm 60mg baclofen

I'm a cynical skeptic at heart so I'm waiting for it to not work.. but so far it is.

Comment

Panda

Thanks for the info....I really like how you take all the bac in the evening...I think I'll try that too as the side effects have been really getting to me.

NC
          I tried some of the supplements but have stopped everything except the bac and sam-e. I stopped because I couldn't figure out if the supps or the bac was causing some of the side effects...I will probably start taking some again after I adjust to the bac.

I just did the first hypnotherapy CD about 2 hours ago (I say the first because it is the first time I tried it sober and actually didn't fall asleep/pass-out right away). Anyway, it was awesome. I have never done anything like it. I feel energized and happy. Hope it will help with the cravings...that remains to be seen. I look forward to listening more in the near future.

Comment

Thank you all for the info. Have most of you gone AF before starting the bac,
            or have you had gradual success while still drinking, finally hitting the threshold?

NC

Comment

I wasn't when I started.. I drank the same amount every night as I upped my dosage... the first thing I noticed was that my cravings started later. Before bac I'd stop at the gas station on the way home @ 6pm get loaded and be asleep by 8 or 9pm

As I upped my dosage I noticed I was craving it later than usual.. like first 7pm .. then 8:30pm .. then 9.. and so on .. but I was drinking the same amount.. just starting later.

then at 150mg I had my first AF day in probably 3 years... then I drank the next night .. went up to 160mg and then yesterday I went up to 170mg. I haven't drank since I hit 160mg that was 4 days ago... so I'm still in the early stages but I've never been able to fight the urge to self medicate.. then was able to do it pretty effortlessly after hitting 160mg.

Comment

Has anyone felt that if the AL wasn't there, then they were ok, but if it was.....different story? I am thinking I haven't hit my switch yet....but I am being very cautious as my Bac order should be in soon, but I only have about 3 days left......god help me!!!!! I do have a dr's appt the end of the month with hopes of getting a script......wish me luck.
                AF July 6 2014

Comment

I went down to 150mg yesterday because by the time my 8:30 dose came around I felt absolutely nothing as far as craving... so down to 150mg from 170mg.

Last night was the end of my 5th day AF... (I've never gone 5 days in a row since probably 98)

I pushed my luck and ran up to the gas station around 10pm.. bought a little bottle of apple juice and happily went home. The beer cooler was just another cooler.

THAT'S NEVER EFFIN' HAPPENED IN AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER!

I'm not sure where I'm at now but last night felt a hell of a lot like indifference.

Comment

Panda,
                    I see you only take bac in the late afternoon and early evening. That makes sense since its therapeutics levels are only 3 - 4 hours after a dose. I was wondering if anyone else does so. What reason is there to take it first thing in the morning or mid day if one does not have any cravings until late afternoon?
                    Thanks.
                    NC

Comment

panda farts;729832 wrote:
                      I pushed my luck and ran up to the gas station around 10pm.. bought a little bottle of apple juice and happily went home. The beer cooler was just another cooler.

THAT'S NEVER EFFIN' HAPPENED IN AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER!
                      )
                      That's so great, PF!! I can totally relate, btw. Those first few times that I went to the store and FORGOT to buy wine/beer/vodka were amazing to me.

Comment

NC;729924 wrote: Panda,
                        I see you only take bac in the late afternoon and early evening. That makes sense since its therapeutics levels are only 3 - 4 hours after a dose. I was wondering if anyone else does so. What reason is there to take it first thing in the morning or mid day if one does not have any cravings until late afternoon?
                        Thanks.
                        NC
                        Hi NC,

I take bac throughout the day b/c it reduces my anxiety. If I wasn't such an anxious person, I wouldn't take very much (if any) during the day...

--Anna

Comment

Yeah, me too!

I love taking it all day, as I am very anxious too, but w/ the bac, I am so mellow, I feel awesome!!!

MA
                          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

An effortless day 6. It's kinda hard for me to comprehend this... I keep waiting for the cravings to peek through but each night is actually getting less and less. I had no cravings and only a split second thought about alcohol.. but it was more of a "I guess this'll be another night I don't drink"

I only ever drank right after work (every day) and would never drink during the day so I think loading it up in the late part of the day works perfectly for me.

I'll probably stay @ 150mg per day for a while just to let things shake out and make sure this stays but after my 5pm 60mg I haven't felt any cravings but figured I'd take the final 30mg @ 7:30 just for the sake of consistency. (I wonder if run on sentences are a side effect)

so for the past 3 days I've been at 150mg.

large doses starting late in the day. today was

60mg @ 1
                            60mg @ 5
                            30mg @ 7:30

I tend to be a very cynical person so I'm still waiting for something bad to happen... or something to not work.

Comment

panda farts;730305 wrote: An effortless day 6. It's kinda hard for me to comprehend this... I keep waiting for the cravings to peek through but each night is actually getting less and less. I had no cravings and only a split second thought about alcohol.. but it was more of a "I guess this'll be another night I don't drink"

I only ever drank right after work (every day) and would never drink during the day so I think loading it up in the late part of the day works perfectly for me.

I'll probably stay @ 150mg per day for a while just to let things shake out and make sure this stays but after my 5pm 60mg I haven't felt any cravings but figured I'd take the final 30mg @ 7:30 just for the sake of consistency. (I wonder if run on sentences are a side effect)

so for the past 3 days I've been at 150mg.

large doses starting late in the day. today was

60mg @ 1
                              60mg @ 5
                              30mg @ 7:30

I tend to be a very cynical person so I'm still waiting for something bad to happen... or something to not work.
                              How do you feel when you take 60mgs at one time? I take 30mgs at one time and I feel like crashing. Did you ease up to it?
                              AF July 6 2014

Comment

So happy!!!

PF, I am so happy to hear about your success, as I feel the same way......waiting for the other shoe to drop.........you know!? But it hasn't.........and it won't!!!

Love,:l:h

MA
                                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                                X