Consolidated Baclofen Success Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bill and Reggie. So just to clarify, its a sudden thing? Because from Reggies last post, im still a bit confused. When were you leaving all the unfinished glasses of booze? Before or after you hit 210?

Comment

Also Bill, I dont know how much higher I can go. Im not really experiencing any side effects other than sleepiness, and thats only when im home sitting on the couch. But my brain is kind of foggy, and its effecting my work. Im a lawyer and I need to be sharp. I hope I dont have to go to 300mg!

Also, what are you basing the 300mg ceiling on?

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Zman it is a sudden thing or was for me I woke up on Friday morning I was at 210 mg I no longer had drink thoughts ... I was leaving the glasses of booze over the beginning of the week since Monday week starting Monday 10th August I was at 190mg on Wednesday I took 20 mgs on Thursday but thinking back I probably flicked the switch on Monday. Zman its hard to say at 3.00 pm on Tuesday afternoon i no longer felt like drinking it doesnt work that way!!!!! it was graduall just keep triating up !!! ok it will flick the switch. ps also i am using a tens machine link here to that

Electrical Stimulation to aid Drug Withdrawal | November '98 Newsletter

Comment

Zman, Adrafinil really helped me when topa fogged my brain. Dunno if it would work with bac.

Comment

Zman I am in the legal field too I know what you mean by needing to be sharp I am using this stuff. I had to do a major presentation to a enforcement round table as larisa has pointed out i find this helps check it out ADRAFINIL / OLMIFON i also order and recieved from this site
            hang in Z man and PM me for any clarification you require ok
            Reggie

Comment

Thanks mate. Will definitely look into the Adrafinil. Actually, even before the Bac, I was always foggy because I slept so badly (or was hungover). So im used to that, though its a bit worse on the Bac. But i sleep like a baby on Bac, so thats a great positive.

Comment

Olmifon does not appear to be available from 4rx. Where do u order it from?

Also, any side effects or interactions?

Comment

Zman, the 300mg figure comes from Dr. A's book, which I highly recommend you read, since it will help ease your anxiety about how high you may need to go.

300mg is what he determined as a good rule of thumb for the maximum safe dose, based on a review of the literature and on conversations with doctors who regularly prescribe baclofen for MS.

I have used provigil (modafinil) successfully to cope with baclofen-induced sleepiness. Adrafinil is a prodrug for modafinil, so it should work in a similar way (when metabolized, adrafinil converts to modafinil, so although it will take a little longer to set in, its effects should be the same). Modafinil is under patent, and a scheduled drug in the US, so adrafinil might be easier to get hold of and a bit cheaper as well.

Comment

Bill,

I definitely want to try it. I just think I may have a hard time finding it in Dubai. Where do you order it from, or do you have a prescription.

You live in the Boston area? I used to live in Newton when I was very young (seems like a different life-time actually hehe).

Comment

Zman I purchase mine from here online Buy Olmifon, Adrafinil Online
                      Regards
                      Reggie

Comment

billyb

Who is dr A and what is the name of his book?? I just got my ex for bad and want to know the most so I am informed on all the pros and cons before taking it......so happy my doc is cool and prescribed it!

MA:l:h
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Cowgal i know you were asking bill P but thought I would give you a link. Dr A....... I s Dr Olivier Ameisen. His book is called "The end of my addiction" He discovered the use of high dose baclofen to cure his addiction to Al he was a chronic. Here is the link.......Olivier Ameisen, MD. Good luck! Its great that your doc prescribed it thats a good start read the book its very inspiring. All the best.
                          Regards
                          Reggie

Comment

thanks alot Reggie!

I just got it yesterday, today is day 1 AGAIN hopefully in this journey!!!!

love

MA
                            :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Cowgal, today is day 1 again for me too.
                              Love and Peace,
                              Phil
                              Love and Peace,
                              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Hey Cowgirl and CP1004,
                                Best wishes on your Day 1's! Keep on titrating up slowly, even if you are still drinking or cutting down.
                                Don't be put off if it takes some time.
                                If it's working for me.....believe me, unless you are allergic to it, I believe it will work for you too!!!
                                Exciting stuff huh?
                                xx
                                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Working...
                                X