Has anyone tried Vivitrol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am of Scandinavian decent and would like to try the Naltrexone, but when I bought it from River it was horribly expensive (over $100 for 16 pills). Anybody know of a cheaper way to go without going through the doc? I have over 300 - 25mg topomax pills if someone wants trade. thanks keek

Comment

Some of us on http://thesinclairmethod.com have used alldaychemist.com. They have proven reliable and are about half the price of River.

Comment

I have trouble staying sober in the summer - associations with drinking and good times at the beach, bbq's, generally happy outdoor times. I tried Vivitrol last summer (2008) and had good results, no cravings (or at least minimal cravings). This summer was a different story and despite the shot, I had cravings that I readily gave in to. Plus, I had the sticker shock of the outrageous price per shot - $2000 + of which insurance paid only a minimal! Vivitrol needs to be used in conjuction with a therapy such as AA or psychotherapy - both of which are cheaper! I'm off Vivitrol for now, but good luck to everyone using it - it is a good option just outrageously expensive for what it does/doesn't do.

Comment

Naltrexone is not effective as an anti-craving medication. Taken one hour prior to drinking, for several months, it is about 80% effective for extinguishing alcohol addiction.

Comment

I got the Vivitrol injection two days ago. The only side effect is i started crying later that night and feel a little weak, but i am a 27 year old girl so thats typical just came on sudden also could be minor alcohol withdrawl. I am on week two of topomax and was still having severe cravings so i have uped my dosage. i was prescribed campral with the vivitrol injections and started that today, its supposed to help with the mental cravings. last night i bought a six pack, i drank two beers and got buzzed and just did not feel like drinking anymore. i have beer in my fridge and am not drinking it! My goal is to be total alcohol free! I am hopefull about vivitrol so far!

Comment

Thank you LoOp... looking in to all of this. Insurance stopped paying for Vivitrol and I am now taking Nal tablets + Baclofen. Back to daily drinking (though NO WHERE near what I was drinking on a daily basis!)...
              The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

Working...
              X