Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax Titration Advice

gateway

keep up the good work. i am still pulling for you. i an now having to come in to the website under a totally new way. long story
    keep posting

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Luci,
      Thanks for the ecouragement!

I had a great day yesterday:happy:

I tolerated the baclofen much better at a lower dose and didn't have a drink and didn't really want one.

Dose: 70 mg
      3x20mg throughout the day and 1x10mg dose at around 8pm

Side effects: The usual. A little tired but managable. A little sleepy but it left me as fast as it came.
      Some weakness in the hands and arms but nothing compared to the day before!

Craving: 3

Alcohol intake: 0 (I love saying that) let me say it again:
      Alcohol intake: 0

Still using b-50, multivitamin, kudzu, l-glute a soymilk protein shake 2x daily

plan on taking 80 mg today.

Have a great day!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Good Morning,

I was soooooo busy yesterday, I didn't have a chance to post.

I would've ordered a glass of wine at pizza hut when we went out Wednesday, but my husband ordered me a diet coke while I was away in the buffet line :durn: I think he's trying to save me from myself.

Wednesday:8/23

Dose: 70mg

Craving: 5

Alcohol intake: 0

Side Effects: Very, Very, Very sleepy at 9:30 p.m. and some weakness in my arms and hands

Thursday: 8/24

Okay there's a pattern starting. When I work I am afraid to take too much baclofen so I don't take what I should and end up drinking waaaaaayyyyy too much:no:

Dose:40mg

Craving: 10 (especially after the night from H*** at work)

Alcohol intake: 4

Side effects: next to none

Plan to take 80 mg today (if they don't call me into work)

Have a great day!

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

I hope I'm not letting anyone down here.

I truely believe that I am getting used to the baclofen. I took 80mg last night and worked!

I just want to try the topimax because I really want the weight loss side effect. If I don't get that effect, I will revisit the baclofen.

I am going to have to reduce my baclofen dose a little each day because you're not supposed to abruptly stop taking it. I do feel some stiffness in my neck if it has been too long between doses.

My topimax should be here early next week. I would like to start a new topimax thread. Just like this thread but it would be great if others who are taking topimax could post their dose, titration schedule, side effects, and cravings too.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

i think you are doing great. i will not be able to post for quite some time. like 1 week or so. you keep posting tho.going on vacation. if i get a chance i will drop in. sometimes you are on chat. maybe i will catch u there.
            keep up the good work.

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Rachel,

My body acclimated to Bacflofen after a couple of weeks and since I took it for two years, I guess it didn't do any harm. I am going to ask my doc for a script for it on Wednesday. So we'll see how I tolerate it ten years or so later.

Ivy

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

About you

Rachele
                You have to do what is best for you!! If you think the topa will be best for you then you get the topa! THIS IS ABOUT YOU AND WE ARE PROUD OF WHATEVER ROUTE YOU CHOOSE.
                Best to you
                Hugs
                Jen:h
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

How arer you doing, Imagine?

Hi, just wondered how it's working with the baclofen?

I plan to ask for a script for it on Wednesday.

Hope all is good!!!!!

Ivy

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Hi Ivy,

I haven't felt good all day. I really don't know why but I am thinking I may have taken one dose too many of the baclofen yesterday. Then, I took 20mg first thing this morning and whammo, I've been on the couch all day with a killer headache and nausea and vomiting.

I'm feeling better now, but I have to take another dose of baclofen because I can't just stop taking it UUUUUgggggggggggggg!!!

I can't wait to go to bed.

Hi Lucy,
                    I hope you're having a nice vacation!

Jen,

Thanks for the encouragement!

Now I feel like an alcoholic and
                    a drug attic with all the secretive buying online and ODing myself!

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Sweet Rachele, Feel much better soon.

If you didn't take too much, have you been around anyone with stomach flu bug? Hate to say when we get run down we collect germs from everyone and everything.

If you did take too much, does anyone know when your body gets rid of it?

Hugs and Love,
                      Mary

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

How's it going, Imagine

Hi Imagine,

Just wondered how you are doing with baclofen? My pain doc gave me some shots and wants to try that before giving me baclofen for muscle spasms. But, as I said, I did quite well with it years ago.

Hope it's all good!

Ivy

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

imagine wrote: I hope I'm not letting anyone down here.

I truely believe that I am getting used to the baclofen. I took 80mg last night and worked!

I just want to try the topimax because I really want the weight loss side effect. If I don't get that effect, I will revisit the baclofen.

I am going to have to reduce my baclofen dose a little each day because you're not supposed to abruptly stop taking it. I do feel some stiffness in my neck if it has been too long between doses.

My topimax should be here early next week. I would like to start a new topimax thread. Just like this thread but it would be great if others who are taking topimax could post their dose, titration schedule, side effects, and cravings too.

Let me know what you think!
                          Hi Ivy,

I'm officially taking topa now.

I'm up to 50 mg and I think I'm going to do okay. I'm toying with the idea of going to see a doctor because I am a little worried and think I should probably have all the tests done. I mean, It's a little silly not to considering I have insurance. I am trying to get the courage up to make the appointment. Then I will have to get the courage up to go.

Thanks for asking about me:thanks:

I hope the baclofen works out for you! Keep us posted.:l

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

how's it going on baclofen?

Hi Rachele

Just wondering how you are getting along with the baclofen and whether it has help the cravings?

Hope it is all good!:h

Ivy

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Rachele....

I think we might have been posting at the same time. I see you are on topa now.

How did you get it? Does it help you drink less? What is the interaction between alcohol and topa? If you have had them at the same time, or roughly.

I understand about not wanting to make that doc's appt. There is such a stigma. More than smoking yet smoking is deadly.

All the best,

Ivy

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Hi Ivy,

I ordered the topa online.

So far at only 50 mg it has helped me delay the desire for my first drink, drink slower and drink less. I have not gone on a bender while on topa (that's a good thing ) so I haven't had a hangover or or any strange interaction with alcohol and topa at the same time.

My goal is moderation to drink only occasionally and to be able to take it or leave it when I do (isnt' that what we all wish for?) I don't know if that is possible for me yet...time will tell.

Let me know how things go for you!

Good Luck Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X