Topamax Titration Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax Titration Advice

I just wanted to update this thread because I said I would.

I am up to 100 mgs of topa now.

I am having some problems with finding the right words but I easily recover without most people realizing that I've messed it up.

I do have what some people call pins and needles in the hands and feet. It isn't constant though. It comes and goes quite quickly and I think the feeling is more like when you have a hand or a foot fall asleep but it doesn't even last as long as that.

100 mgs of topa alone is not enough to kill my cravings. I have to take the kudzu and l glute too.

It is getting better!
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

I don't understand why everyone keeps uping the dose. I am only asking so that when I get my Topa Iknow what to do. It seems to me that success in reduction of comsumption and less frequency in drinking occurred for you at about 50mg. Does it stop working unless you increase? I'm confused....anyone.
      Every man has the right to tend to his garden.

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

cookingqueen wrote: I don't understand why everyone keeps uping the dose. I am only asking so that when I get my Topa Iknow what to do. It seems to me that success in reduction of comsumption and less frequency in drinking occurred for you at about 50mg. Does it stop working unless you increase? I'm confused....anyone.
        Cooking Queen I have made my drink counter public. As you can see (if you want to go take a peek) I am still drinking beyond what most people would deem healthy.

I will continue to titrate up per the titrtation schedule in the My Way Out book which is also the titration schedule per the lancet study until I reach 300mgs or until I begin to drink within, what I consider to be, healthy moderation or can obtain abstinence.

I hope that helps

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

If you are able to drink moderately at a lower dose, do you still have to have to triad up according to the book?

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Peaches,

I think it's a personal choice at what dose you stop titrating. There is an updated recommendation somewhere (I am not sure where to find it) to stop at the dose that works best for you.

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

triading up the dose

I just am always so tired. And can't spell any more or type. And just a whole lot of other things. I just think that if I up the dose I'll get even worse. Then what?? It has made a significant differance on my drinking but my life has definely changed in other ways. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.
              Peas

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

Peaches,

Let's try to work this out. Some people need to titrate slower than others. I'm sure there are many who can give advice on the subject.

I do have side effects but none that compare to those that came with my previous alcohol consumption.

I think you have to weigh the benifits with the cost to you personally.

I am going up to 125mgs today and the side effects are still worth what I am gaining by taking the topamax.

I'm just not sure enough people are reading this thread to give the advice we need. I will try to move the tread on Monday and see if we can't get someone other than myself to give some advice.

If anyone reading this thread knows how to move it and rename it please do it for us

Comment

Topamax Titration Advice

:wd:

Okay......I changed the name of this thread!!!! I didnt' know I could do that but it worked.

Peaches and others are asking for some advice on topamax can anyone lend their advice?

Comment

Working...
                  X