Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naltrexone and Zoloft together...anyone have experience??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again..i am desperate and back here. I have just started reading about naltrexone and want to give it a try. I am on zoloft for out of control anxiety which is a chicken and egg issue with the alcohol. Regardless...I need to get my drinking under control. I was beligerant and abusive to one of my friends saturday night- everything in my life has spun completely out of control. The details are blurry from sat but I can't stop replaying what i actually remember (I was on a bender and am so ashamed). It sounds like baclofen is good for this type of anxiety issue which i have struggled with since childhood. what do i do? i know no one can technically give medical advice...but i really need help. Posting your experiences helps tremendously. I can't live with this pit in my stomach any longer...I just can't.

Bluesy,
    I've been on so many things over the years now.
    Drinking has continued up & down, with the use of the anti- anxiety-depressant-seizure-pharmacopia I've been prescribed.
    I can't use, because of side effects;
    neurontin-pergolide-lyrica-cymbalta-and yes Topomax.
    I'm on wellbutrin and citalopram now. I recently asked to decrease the wellbutrin, Doc agreed, then decided to wait until the next visit because I really seem better.
    I don't want to be on these forever..going off seems to involve withdrawal no one is willing to wait for me to pass through, before saying..uhoh gotta go back on.

I don't know if I'm grasping at straws, but I did find of interest a post with a link about slow withdrawal from alcohol, via beer (one a day as needed to curb craving, seemed good for me).
    Go to sites about the meds you are going to combine...really look at pro & con issues.
    Just my experience

Comment

honestly you should worry more about the cross interaction between a depressant like alcohol and any anti depressiva.

the combination alcohol+anti depressiva caused my alcohol problem. without that combination i would not be were i am now!!
      since 23. Apr 2009 : TSM - failed to reduce units
      since 08. Jan 2010 : Naltrexone + Baclofen combination therapy
      reborn since 16. Jan 2010 : Alcohol Free (AF) - only taking Baclofen
      since 22. May 2010 : Baclofen against anxiety/fear
      since 14. Mar 2011 : off Baclofen - taking 25mg Topamax/day

My stats :
      http://www.baclofen-forum.com/stats/craving/

Comment

Working...
      X