New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Playland, great news, great job! Can you tell me why you gain weight on neurontin? I've gained weight in the last couple months taking it, but didn't think it was related. I thought I was just being a bad eater however, it could be both as I had kept that 5lbs off pretty easily for many months.

Sun, you just keep those customers happy and don't worry bout us, we'll be here when you get time. :l

Comment

Hi Girls, interesting yes, just us girls, ok with me. Australia, I can't wait for you to get yours and try it. I know it doesn't work the same for everyone but if it works at all then it is worth the trying part. I am absolutely just knocked over by how this is working for me, I mean I just can't believe it is happening, I don't think I have ever been so happy. And I do not feel Spacey at all now, but I did fine that after I drank some wine those two times, I felt the "tingles" again, nothing serious, I just felt it, and nothing I couldn't deal with. I want you to tell us everything when you begin your Topa, everyone here has saved my life and you all really don't even know it, or perhaps you do.

Bruun, I didn't realize it was the Neurontin that caused me to gain the weight until I just finally figured it out using my common sense. I have always weighed the same my entire life within 5 pounds, then I suddenly gained 20 pounds and was not eating or exercising or drinking for that matter any differently. So, I really started thinking about why had I gained it and I know that medications always cause something so I figured that Neurontin was the only thing that I was taking that was new within the last year and I gained the weight within the last few months, I think it makes sense. The neurontin did help with the pain but not enough and I didn't want to take it with the Topa so I stopped it when I ordered the Topa a month ago and had to taper off it.

Sun, thanks for all your encouragement and all the others that I have read your posts, I hope this thread keeps going because it has given me the only people in my life that I can talk to about all of this.

Talk soon,
      playland

Comment

Thanks Play, appreciate that. I fluxuate with my weight annually so I was unsure of why I was gaining.

You can also try General Discussion because people do have experience elsewhere (outside of meds) on MWO with Topa seeing as it is the original protocol in the book.

What I found each time I went AF, whether with or without meds, including topa, is that I felt free for a while but then slipped back into hell. So my message is, hold on to what you've got here, topa (or any method) doesn't always work the second time around.

Comment

Topa arrived!!!!!! Shall take tonight, can't wait to see how it goes.
          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
          New day 1- 9 January !
          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Hey, good luck Australia, don't freak out in the morning when you feel super wierd, just get thru it for a few days and take it easy.

Regarding feeling more calm I wanted to report to you that I do feel very calm, it is in a somewhat strange way, not bad, just kind of a not joyous way, I'm happy, not depressed, and it's fine, just a little difficult to describe, I'm thanking whatever power might be that I am at least for now free of the torture of the cravings that have been a daily part of my life. Because of reading others experiences here I have no intention of stopping the Topa for a very very long time unless something wierd happens like I can't get it or it causes some really horrible SE.

My really long term goal is to be able to be AF during the days and evenings and be able to have a glass of wine when when I am at family dinners, etc., I don't go out partying anymore, but do enjoy the social part of a glass of wine with dinner. Right now I don't know if I enjoyed the wine I have had or it is the habit but that is a goal, will see if it is possible.

I haven't increased the dosage yet, I'm not sure if I need to at this point since I am getting good results, I guess I will wait a few days and see how it is going.

Australia let us know how it is going in the morning or tonight, I plan to be on here every day, it is so wonderful to have found everyone and I will check out the General Discussion board also, thanks Bruun.
            playland

Comment

Thanks playland. I'll let you know how I feel in the morn. Hope not too weird!
              New day 1- 9 January !

Comment

Oh no. 9pm and scared to take it. Maybe I need 2 wait 2 days til my work vacay.
                New day 1- 9 January !

Comment

Very quick reply - Aus - I didn't even know I had taken it the first time I took it. it had no effect on me at all. I didn't have the spacey weird feeling - so everyone is different. So sorry I haven't been back - but please don't be scared to take it. Off to work...... hugs to all,

sun XX
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi Aus and Sun, for me in looking back it would have been helpful if I had not been at work for a couple of days at first just until I knew how it felt, but I did get thru it and it was ok. It sure sounds like it effects everyone a little differently but it will be ok, do it however you feel like.

play

Comment

Hi Aus, I had same experience as Sun. Play, I think you're super sensitive to it which is also why it worked so quickly, so that's good.

Comment

Hi Again,

I'm changing my profile picture, I'm feeling a little more carefree right now and the other avatar was a "mannequin", cute but very static, now I can run and play a little. I discovered something interesting last night, at least I think so, I was with my daughter in the evening and it was really easy to not even give a thought about the habit glass of wine maybe because of the distraction of another person who also was not drinking, so an AF night for me, it felt good, I pray for it to LAST!

Hugs to All.
                        Play

Comment

Bruun, thank god for you and Sun and everyone else here, I'm am up to post number 62 in my reading, just trying to read about everyones experiences and where they went and if they are still here, it's very interesting stuff, I hope some of those earlier folks are still here and if not that it means that they have found success. Need to wrap to presents and enjoy some time off work, see you all soon.

play

Comment

Hi guys! Thanks for the help. I took 12.5 last night and 12.5 this morning- going to work and feel no different. Will check in again later. Hope you're all well.
                            New day 1- 9 January !

Comment

Hi Aus, I'm glad you started, talk to you later and wow I didn't realize you are already AF for over a month, that is really awesome. Are you starting the Topa to help with the cravings? See you later and take care.

playland

Comment

Hi everybody! I feel dreadful for not posting before - I like to be here especially when new folk post - but I am happy that Aus and Playland have been talking to each other! Playland- I am SO glad that you changed your avatar! Your other one gave me the creeps! So pleased!! Aus - I read somewhere that you should not split the Topa tabs - are you doing that or do you have 12.5mg tabs? You really shouldn't split them - I have no idea where I heard it and have no idea why not - but apparently you shouldn't...... how are you feeling? I felt fine on the 25mg. if I remember corectly, I felt tired initially - so I would take them around 7 or 8 in the evening. these days I can take them anytime and don't even notice that I take them, except I do sometimes get the feet tingling a couple of hours later but I sort of like that as it makes me think it is working. I have had to come down from the 300mg as I was getting depressed. The 300 mg is where it WORKS for me so it is always a battle. I come back down to 250 mg and then have to really listen to the Topa. I still drink but try and just have a couple of Guinness a night. I do sometimes have 4 - and hate when I do that. I need to listen to it which I think is the main thing with Topa - it is easy to drink over it.

Playland - that was wonderful that you had an AF night with your daughter - is that your first? Where were you with your drinking? I am sorry if you have already told us - I could read back I suppose but am feeling lazy - LOL. To have an AF night anyway is wonderful - good for you. I agree with wanting to drink just normally - I remember last Christmas when I had been AF and we always have Mimosas on Christmas day and my M-I-l said, when I told her I wasn't drinking "Oh I know but you can just have a couple" - she rarely drinks anyway - and we always have them every Christmas - so I did, and that was all I had and it was good. Then I went back to being AF. Think it was last Christmas anyway - LOL. What dosage are you on? If you are getting good results, I wouldn't increase the dose - if you start getting cravings, increase it by 50 mg to be taken in the PM if you are taking it in the Am or vice versa.

Aus - you asked at what mg we lost our appetite? I remember losing mine fairly quickly I think. But it sort of evens out. I still don't have much of one - I tend to graze throughout the day rather than eat a big meal, and make sure I get enough of all the right nutrients too - I get the All-One recommended by the book and love it - have it every day and consider it a meal - put a banana in it and some good quality fruit juice and it has everything I need vitamin and mineral wise. My weight has stabilized but when i am really active I have to try to eat more or my weight does go down. I think I have already told you all that, so I am sorry - when you get older, you tend to forget what you have said LOL. Oh Aus - one thing the Topa did do, was make me cut down on my soda - I drank cans of it and it made it taste a bit odd - I only ever have one can a day now. The other thing - when i quit AL for that 8 months I also quit cigs - it was easy to give them both up together - the Topa seemed to help me and it was relatively painless. Of course, when I started drinking again (after coming off the Topa) I started smoking again too.

Aus and Playland - you both seem to be doing so well - it is great to see - you sound so positive about it all - I am very happy for you. I have to get ready for work now - excuse the waffling from me - when i have time, I do tend to do a LOT of it - :H

Love and hugs to all, Sun XXX
                                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
                                X