New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sonhas found that I have been drinking and poured the drink over me and said I cant go to spain. If they carry on with it I will have to sneak out to spain. but I think I will be able to go I will ask my mum to mind my son otherwise

Comment

Oh Space I am so sorry! That's awful and shouldn't happen to anyone. I said some mean things to my mom when she was drinking, so maybe I outta apologize to her too, but for now maybe I'll just say sorry to you for sons everywhere... Or something like that. I hope you can work out the topa, sweetie, or whatever works. Lots of love for you. :l

Comment

Oh Space, I'm so sorry. I'm sure your son is really worried about the vodka and you going on a bender as you have not done that in a while. You will not feel Topa if you are drinking a lot and or experiencing quite bad alcohol withdrawal, so you will need to give it a day or two. How many mg's were you taking and how many days were you off it? I still think you can take your second highest dose and just stick with it.

The best thing to do is just lay low and show your son that you are not going back to the old days but that you are still in control and can still drink 2 lagers if you feel like it. He can't tell you what to do and he should not have been so rough on you. Thinking of you.

:l:l:l

Comment

Oh Dear Space! I am SO sorry this has happened to you! ACK. I have been there as well, but try to not kick yourself too badly. It’s a bump, not a mountain. Get back on that horse and like Play said – FOCUS on the good times you are about to have on your trip.

I echo Dizzy in that I don’t think you need to go ALL the way back down. If you were not off it very long, I would suggest maybe a slighter dose. But she is also right in that you can drink right over Topa if you want to. Damn.

Like you, vodka is deadly for me. The last time I bought a bottle I was screaming in my head “you should NOT be doing this!” … and yet I bought it. *sigh*. That was a bit ago but I KNOW how hard the temptation is and vodka seems to really have a pull with as well. Try your hardest to keep it out of the house. That’s what I always have to do ….

I think your son will come around. He has seen your progress and I am sure is just frustrated that you had a SLIGHT SLIP and it scares him. Give him some time and a good talk about your progress and that you are NOT going back to your old ways – it was just a short mistake.

Please stick close to here as well! We love you and the support and company will be good for you as you get up and running again. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Hi to everyone else!

Play – How is the L-Glut working for you? And WHY do I have the hardest time remembering to take mine – or just saying “later” to myself,. SO very stupid! It’s the only thing I have in my toolbox right now except All One.

And I agree that Topa is perhaps not the Solve It All we all hope it is. But I REALLY believe it is a strong help for many. Even if it is something that needs to be “forever”…

Dizz – Good to see you again! So you are going home in December? Will the BF be going with you for the holidays? I’m not familiar with Epitec (???) Must Google that …. Does it work anything like Topa?

And computer issues are the WORST! Amazing how important they have become in all aspects of life. I go GOOFY when my Internet goes out – which it IS having some issues right now with my connection being so slow again. Hate it! One of the bad parts of living in the boons!

And yes, the shop is gearing up for the holidays and Thanksgiving is only a week away! My sales have SUCKED since the election! Well, not that bad but much less than normal for Thanksgiving! Very weird year and I am hoping it starts popping again. The area my shop is in is VERY Republican area they are pissed. Also, they are mostly “investors” and so the market dropping always impacts me big time. And all this talk of the “fiscal cliff” and higher taxes on the rich – yep, that is not helping either! Oh well, we will ride this out.

I got the kittens sorted out and they had a “bug” that only took 3 days to cure with some liquid meds. And then off they went for getting spayed and for adoption. They were SO sweet but I am better off right now with just Charlie and I and won’t foster again until next summer.

Did you get your electric cigarette? (catching up on reading). I bought 2 different types a few years ago. Hummm. I can’t say as they really worked for me. I MAYBE smoked a bit less, but nothing drastic changed. I originally bought one to get through the LONG flight from here to Australia – and then the darn thing didn’t work as I was hiding in the bathroom. HA! HA! I guess it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get them back out again.

I AM going to try Chantix in January. That stuff is EXPENSIVE! $190 for the “starter pack” but then I got a coupon from my DR that will take $75 off that. Can someone please explain to me why medical insurance does not cover ANY smoking cessation products??? Stupid! They pay for annual med check-ups, Well Woman exams, etc. You would THINK they would want to pay to help people quit smoking! Oh well – cheaper in the long run than buying cigarettes and I SO badly need to stop for my health.

My DR appointment went well yesterday and I not only got the Whooping Cough vaccine but also the shingles one. I told my DR I had better live to 110 after all these inoculations! I am SO relieved that all of my tests have comeback good so far.

My toes are ouchy, but not too bad. The only bad thing is tonight is Cavalia! And I wanted to wear these cool boots I have but doubt I can get them on my feet! HA! I stopped at Target and bought a cheap pair of tennis shoes in a size larger than normal – hope I don’t have to wear those tonight! But both of my big toes are all bandaged up so not much wiggle room! They did give me antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory and also a drug to hopefully cure it once and for all! What a pain – but he says I can ski in 4 weeks! I’m just glad I finally got it over with and hopefully it will be solved for good.

So far I continue to be the only bidder on that domain name. Yea! One week to go before the auction closes!

Off to dress for work as I’m going in early so I can get out early for Cavalia! Excited!

Hugs to all …..

WTE & C

Comment

Hi everyone - just getting ready to take daisy for her shots and it dawned on me that I hadn't posted in a day or two......

Space - so good to see you again. Sorry about what is going on for you - I PM'd you. I agree with what Dizzy, WTE, Play and Bruun all said - we are with you. As for the Topa, if you were only off it for a few days, no, I don't think you have to go back down to 25mg again. And it isn't going to work immediately the day you take it either. IF you find it still isn't working within a few days, then well, maybe you will have to go back down to the 25mg, BUT do not go up any faster than the titration schedule - it really DOES NOT work when you do that.

Your son was mean when he did what he did, but as someone else said - he was probably scared and thought you were going back to how you were - so try and explain that it is a one time deal and get back on the horse again. NO MORE VODKA. Go back to your two cans of lager a day - you were doing so well. And he can't stop you going to Spain either. That is a done deal. :l:l to you my friend.....

I also agree with you WTE - when I take the L-Glut and the kudzu, they work so well for me - so why do I so often 'forget' to take them? They are there and so easy......do we 'forget' on purpose?

WTE - gosh, so many innoculations - how are you feeling? I never get anything - had the flu shot once and felt rough for about 5 days. Sorry about your poor toes - must be very painful for you. What a time for you to have to get everything done though - wrong time of year for you. Chantix has gone up since I took it - it was $104 when I got it. Wow....... unless it is different parts of the country choose their own pricing.

Hi Diz - good to see you, and Play too - you must be really busy packing and getting stuff sorted. Hope your flight goes well for you. we will miss seeing you here as frequently.

I need to get the car windscreen scraped and get going. Back later - CLOPEN tonight and tomorrow.

Love and hugs, Sun XX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Space: sorry to hear what happened to you. Sounds like everyone who knows you well wants you to return to lager and avoid vodka... That must be a good advice. How old is your son? I sure hope you can sneak out to go play w Play in Spain!

Sun: clopen always reminds me of flowers!

WTe: I know what you mean. Since the elections my stocks plummeted. I can't retire until I'm 104 now.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Ally - I didn't even look at the stocks - I am Miss Pollyanna and assume they will go back up again !!!!! LOL
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a while. I just started taking Topa last night. I'm on 25 mg just at night to start. And I didn't drink. Mostly because I was so nauseous from the Zoloft I started taking yesterday morning. I have been drinking 1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle of Vodka a night. I have an anxiety disorder that I have been self-medicating. I found a psychriast that is very experienced with addiction and anxiety, so I really hope I can begin to heal. Last night was ok. I didn't crave AL, but of course I couldn't sleep at all.

I hope to get to know all of you soon!

Comment

Hi, freckle! Good to meet you! Keep us posted! It's hard to start 2 meds at a time because if you have a side effect, you won't know which is the cause of the side effect and if you get better, you won't know which one is helping! But anyway, you already started, so lets see how you do! Welcome!

Sun: don't check your stocks!!! It'll just depress you! Keep the sunny Pollyanna outlook we all love!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Space, You Are Coming To Spain!!!

You are the parent and your son is the child, no matter what until you you are 85 with dementia

Don't even entertain the thought that your son can keep you from coming to Spain.

Love You,
                      Play

Comment

Sorry to barge in but I'm a bit lost. I ordered Topa through an online pharmacy I discovered through a thread but now I can't find the find the thread. I don't remember the pharmacy! I think it was out of Canada. Feeling dumb....help!

Comment

Winning: was a thread here from My Way Out forum?
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Space, sorry about your binge, you know only too well how I can relate, I hope?

I would cancel a trip like that due to illness because of my anxiety, despite how much I was looking forward to it. In fact, if I could come to Spain, I would, except I would have so much fucking anxiety about it. And of course the funds and the time off.

Anyways, thought I'd put in my two cents since most of us seem to have anxiety and we self medicate to the point of avoiding life and the times of our lives are lost as a result.

Comment

Hi everyone

Ack, supposed to be working but just faffing about.

Winning, did you perhaps order from River Pharmacy?

Space, please let us know how you are? What I meant about not feeling the Topa is that if I say have half a bottle of Vodka, the next morning I wake up, the first thing I think of is that I want another one. The more alcohol in my system, the more drive I have to keep drinking and not to listen to the Topa.

Right now I've upped my dose and am sticking to 3 Lagers a night so I can actually go through the day without pesky thoughts of drinking, whereas for a while there it was the first thing that popped into my head.

WTE, no I'm going home on my own for a month or so as BF has to work but thats OK, I think some time apart is probably not a bad thing. We've both been single a long time before getting together and this flat is tiny so its a wonder we're both still dealing with it so well.

How was Cavalia? I hope your toes are better. I think electronic cigarettes are now much better than they used to be and perhaps you should buy a disposable one just to see if you have a different experience this time around. I know what you're saying about the Chantix, you'd think the government would subsidize it! I was shocked to see how bloody expensive antabuse was in South Africa as well and that they did not allow any generics to be sold there either - how stupid of them. Now I just buy it online.

Hi Sun, good to see you are as busy and buzzy as ever, you think the happy meds have kicked in?

Funny you should mention retiring at 104, Ally
                              , I saw a guy on TV the other day who is 105 and still working on the New York stock exchange! So be careful what you wish for

:welcome: Freckleface
                              , did your doctor prescribe both the Topa and the Zoloft? I agree that it may be a bit tough for the first week as they both may present some side effects and you may not be sure which one is causing which. Feel free to ask us and me any questions as I am on Topa and have been on Zoloft although am no longer on it. The nausea should subside, its probably caused because its a bit tough on your liver, which is still a bit fragile at the moment. Topa has been brilliant for me and I have found that the anxiety actually subsides as the alcohol gets less and less. I wish you all the best. :l

Yes, Play
                              , its good to remind Space not to allow her kids to bully her into staying home. I think this holiday will do her a world of good and you both will have a lot of fun,

:h

Comment

Dizzy--Yes. He prescribed both. I've been on Zoloft before for depression, so I know what to expect. I dont mind the nausea so much. I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway. I'm only taking the Topa at night, I haven't really noticed much yet. I am going to slowly increase my my dose to 75mg. I was AF last night as well. Thanks for the welcome.

I'm stuck home today with sick kids. Hopefully I'll be so busy with them it will take my mind of AL.

Comment

Working...
                                X