New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTE: that cavalia show sounds wonderful!

Sun: we are in the wrong business. I bet weekend plumbers get to retire at age 40. Sorry about that crazy amount! That's just ridiculous!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Sunni - THAT IS AWFUL!!!! What a price to have to pay. :upset: I'm so sorry.

I'm back home now. So tired for some reason.....I'm going to be in bed by 8:00. :H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you Ally and Nora - I am SO tired - off to bed....... still can't get over that amount - maybe I live in Lala land.......

Sleep tight everyone.

love and hugs all,

love, Sun XXXX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Play Checking In from SFO International Airport where I am about to board my flight to London and then Barcelona, I'll miss a couple of days posting but promise to be in constant contact. The last time that I went I was out of touch because I could not get logged in on my I Pad, but now I seem to have that under control.

Wondeful to see everyone here, Nora, Dizz, Houtx, Sun, WTE, AL, I'm reading all your goings on, interesting stuff, love you all, we are missing Space, I'm rather worried about her as her last posts were not her usual self.

Space, check in please:h

I'd like to respond to each of you but I'm short on time and my mind doesn't focus as well as it used to:H

I'll let you know when I am arrived and settled, my daughters surgery is on the 21st, please send your prayers for a complete recovery:thanks:

Talk soon, love, play

Comment

Have a great time, play and space!!!!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Hi All ? A quick one here as well?

Sun! Silly girl! All I WROTE about was Cavalia! LOL

And yes, went and saw Flight movie with my ski buddy. Once again ? called out of the blue. I can?t say I liked the movie at all, although it is getting RAVE reviews. Guess I was looking for a more action type movie he is famous for and for the most part it had to do with him having a few drinks before the crazy landing ?.and then the rest of it about him falling into deeper alcohol addiction and all that brings with it through his trial. Too close to home???? We actually left early! I cheated and looked online later how it ended. HA!

But all in all was a good Saturday night and we had dinner before and then came home to watch some silly TV and have a touch of wine. He headed off to bed and is INSANE with TV and the damn thing was on ALL NIGHT! LOL I finally grabbed my jammies and Charlie and I slept in the living room. HA! He was snoozing away so all good?..

So today mu GF calls to go see a movie. Lincoln! I LOVE movies, although she normally does not, but I really wanted to see this film. So we met this afternoon to go see that. I?m not giving a 10 for sure.

It was VERY interesting but REALLY dragged in the middle for about 45 minutes that IMO they could have WAY cut down on. We were almost bored enough to leave. HA! (am I running a new pattern here?) But, the last hour or so was fantastic ? if you care for such films. Obviously ALL about politics and it amazed me how little far we have gotten in all the years in House/Senate and Dems vs. Repubs. I guess I would give it about a 6 if your enjoy history.

We both went home after so I could walk Charlie in the hills for a change now that I CAN walk again! LOL STILL cannot put on shoes but getting pretty creative with a collection of flip flops and sandals! LOL

I TOO am very worried about Space. PLEASE POST!

Play ? I am SO excited about you heading on your trip. Take care of our Space for us please and try to take good care of yourself as well! I know you will have a lot on yor plate ? go safe. =)

Sun! Good Grief that plumber!!! Highway robbery!!! Do you have homeowners insurance that you can claim it on???? I didn?t quite understand what happened ? are you on septic like me? I have had a few nightmares through the years here but have always learned it was ?someone doing something wrong?. i.e. Nieces with tampons down the toilet. NO! NO!

Houtx! I got your snail mail and you had better plan a Spring trip! Thank you!

Ally ? How are things rocking????

Nora ? A hello and hope we meet up soon!

Oh my gosh ? just realized how pooped out I am and in for a HELL of a week starting early tomorrow so will sign off.

I am NOT MIA ? just tis the season for me so forgive if I am absent from our living room or spurts!

Hugs to all ?and all I missed mentioned.

New ones here ? PLEASE join us!

With Love,

WTE & Charlie

Comment

Hi Friends,

I'm new here with the recommendation of Alcoholic and Playland. I started with topimax a few months ago and am very impressed. Have lost 15 lbs and when I take the 2nd dose, I'll admit my dosage is a bit high at 300mg, my alcohol interest is nill. I do get very tired though. Not a bad thing because when one is sleeping, one is not drinking .

I am a mother with two small children. I will be starting a support group for moms in late december/early January for those of us moms that would like to become better role models for our little ones. I for one am holding myself accountable so if anyone wants to join me please do!

Blessings, Kelley Sharp

Comment

Thought of you tonight Space. :h

Want you to know that I had dinner with someone I consider a friend but shes not someone I'd pour out my heart to ... but We went to see a movie first - which I always try to plan (the movie changes our moods and gives us easy common ground).

And I came on here to encourage you to reduce AL now enough to see Play while she is near. I know meeting someone you have never met in person is weird and can provoke extreme anxiety for me personally.

But the magic is, is that she has booze in common. You may think she got her shit together but maybe you'ge got more in common than you think. Maybe you can help her and she can help you. You never know til you get knee deep face -to -face.

Maybe you two could meet up for five minutes and go straight to a movie. Or walk away if need be. Or maybe you will find a sister friend that you will treasure for life.

When I posted about anxiety, I hoped it would give you a branch to hold onto somehow, we so relate to the angst. And doom feelings that so many of us feel. I hope your family here gets the chance to support you today. I hope you don't deprive Play of being with you and vice verse.
                  :l:l

Comment

Hiya, topa peeps!

I caught up on the last couple of days (four to be exact!) just before I tried to nod off for a little nap. Couldn't sleep, despite a brutal lack of it last night. I'm WAY too wrapped up in thinking about all of the things I have done wrong, haven't done right, coulda/woulda/shoulda done. I figure you guys can relate! What is the necessity we have for beating ourselves up?

Even though this is a really lovely thread, and you all make me smile whenever I stop by (and also, oh my, relate!) I came looking for Space. My Spidey-Senses must be off a bit, Space, since it's been FOUR days, not three. And what I typed up there ^^^ about beating myself up? That thought occurred to me because you were beating yourself up for changing up the topa.

Sister-in-the-sauce, I wish you wouldn't do that. It's what we do. In fact, it's perfectly normal. (ugh. how I dread those words.) No one but no one likes taking pills every day, and it's fairly easy to wonder if they're actually working and if we'd be okay without them. *sigh*

I'm sorry, too, about your son. I swear I wish I could talk some sense into him/them. But it ain't just them that don't get it. And I imagine it's from a place of fear/worry. Still. That sucks. And it makes me mad for you. Little (big) knucklehead! I've got some words to spare if you want me to call him up... and mark my word, I'm fixing for a brawl to get out of my own skin and my husband knows it and is avoiding me because of it. :H Smart guy that he is. Dangit.

But I'm also going to just call you out and say this: wth? Drunk fingers type. And if we can understand Bruunhilde's kindle posts, () I'm fairly certain we will be able to decipher yours.

Cheers to all you lovely ladies, and to Ifulovelife, who is apparently having a bit of a gender-identity crisis at the moment. (Are there any fellas 'round here these days?)
                    I'm going to try to finish this damn paper without thinking it is the worst thing ever written by anyone, ever.
                    :l all!

Oh! One last thing, Space. I was thinking of you as I was meditating on my lack of ability to sleep and couldn't help but envision you glammed up for the wedding. That makes me grin. I wish you'd posted pix!!!

Comment

Hi everyone - Bruun - Space is going to Spain to meet up with Play - already has her ticket and everything. I know she and Play will get along - I have met Play and she is a sweetheart - and have chatted with space on skype and she is so nice too. I just wish she would post - I am really quite worried about her. Looked her up in the British phone book but she isn't there - I only have her Skype number and haven't seen her on skype either. My brother lives about 100 miles from her and if she doesn't post soon, I am going to ask him to do me a HUGE favour....... and go and see if she is okay !!!!!! I am also going to PM her and tell her that I plan on doing that. we are all really worried........

Hi there raven - you are the only person besides me that I know who has had to get to 300mg to get the desired effect from Topa. One thing to know - folk who take it for other reasons take a much higher dose - my nephew takes it for other reasons and he takes a way higher dose - I vaguely remember being told he takes 600mg a day, so although 300 seems high to us, relatively, it isn't. I am so happy it is working for you. one caveat - if you stop taking it and then try again - it never works the same second time round - or it hasn't for me anyway.

I don't think any of us here have small children - I am a grandmummy myself - have two girls, both in their late twenties and don't plan on having any more small children myself - LOL but if anyone else sees that, I do think it is a good idea - once you start the thread, I am sure there are lots of others who will join in.

Oh - the tiredness hopefully will go away as your body gets used to the Topa - I have no SE's these days from it at all. So, give it time - it is worth the SE that you have to get the great benefits from it - wonderful - I am so happy for you.

WTE - good to see you. Gosh - you are so busy these days - both your social life and the shop! I rarely go to movies as I always fall asleep during them. I am such a fidget that I cannot sit still to watch them - so my body does the opposite - and falls asleep. I am glad you had a good evening with ski buddy though.

How long is it going to take for your poor feet to feel good again - what on earth did he do that made it so painful - you can PM me if you want to - LOL.

No, the reason the plumber cost so much was 'cos it was double time (Sunday). And no, we don't have a septic tank - and the cause of the trouble was roots growing into the pipes through the seams - so he rotor rooted them out. We have a deductible on our home owners and have never claimed except when we had the hail damage so want to keep it that way.....

Today is hubs birthday and youngest daughter, him and I are going out for a meal - VERY hard when you have a confirmed meat eater and two veggies to find somewhere - the place he wanted to go - we checked out their menu and decided that daughter and I could have carrots and broccoli. LOL Everything else is cooked in chicken broth - even their rice. So, still trying to make a decision on that - :H:H:H What was really annoying is that their menu didn't show it - we found out by a waitress telling my daughter that all this other stuff was cooked in chicken broth the last time she went. Really unfair. As a veggie, you think you are good to go having veggie rice with carrots and peas. Yeah - right !!!!! Until you find out it is cooked in chicken broth.

Anyway, enough of my rant - it is SO hard for veggies to eat out. But after all, it is HIS birthday so I will go - we might end up with iHop.... LOL. Better than Texas Roadhouse.

Seems weird being off on a Monday but I worked yesterday. Love and hugs to everyone. back later.....

Love, sun XXXX
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sorry I havent been on here and I hate to have caused such a panic. I am ok, off the vodka since last week but been depressed quite a bit which is why I havent been on here, email or skype.

I am in bed right now so will post more tomorrow and try to read back.

I hope everyone is ok I will catch up tomorrow and once again sorry to just go missing.

Comment

SPACE ....... Welcome back - I am SO happy to see you !!!!!! Don't care why you weren't posting just glad to see you - love and hugs, Sun XXXXX

Comment

Hi! Space! Good to see you! You gave everyone a fright! Glad to hear you are doing better! Have fun w play!

Sun: have fun at dinner! That plumbing thing was just ridiculously over priced... I hope your nausea is better. I have an 11 year old boy. Not sure if he counts as little.

WTE: did you win your bid?

I recently stopped my son's piano lessons, and will take over teaching him myself. He wouldn't practice the lessons so it's a waste of money to keep paying the teacher. So instead, I use the money I'd pay the teacher to pay him to practice. But it takes more out of my free time to force this little defiant kid to learn this thing. He has no hobbies. He won't do sports, has quit soccer, tae kwon do, the only things he likes are tv and video games. I can't stand this generation of kids sitting around just playing video games all day long!!! Arghhg!
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

SPACE! I second that emotion. xxoo. Hate to put you on the spot. But there it is.

You're going to Spain! Perhaps you're not as excited about that, in this moment, as you would otherwise be, but I am thrilled for you. And like Bruun said, nervous-ish maybe too. (I didn't go to a neighbor's house for a craft-y make-your-own-ornament party. It isn't really my thing, but mostly I was just uncomfortable about being the center of attention. For several hours. Without...lubricant?!? lame. But there that is. Anyhow! [How did I make this about me??? ])

Thanks so much Sun. It honestly freaks me out a little bit that some of the people I meet here are so far away, ya' know? It's amazing the way we make friends here, isn't it? I'm still trying to figure a way to get to Zimbabwe to visit bleep, though he knows it not!

And btw, your plumbing story? I am so sorry to hear it! Especially since we just bought our first home! (again, about me! Sorry!) I am still in shock, I think, about the inability to just call the owner! $300! Actually, shouldn't that read:

$300? An HOUR???Are you kidding me?

Sorry again. :upset:

btw, I've got a little thing at the bottom of my screen that says this has been "pinged". What is that? Does anyone know?

Comment

Just popping in to say hi, its my 33rd birthday Going to spend the whole day in London tomorrow doing sightseeing and going to see The Lady in Black at the theatre so I'll catch up again with you guys on Wednesday.
                                :l

Comment

Working...
                                X