New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately Sun had to go to a BABY SHOWER. That is almost a swear word to me - it has been a beautiful day - perfect for the garden, and I was stuck playing silly games - Boo ya !! On a positive note, I took Katie to the vets for her shots and she didn't throw up in my car - that is a FIRST ...... LOL

So now I am sitting reading ...... and will have an early night so I can get up early tomorrow and get out in the garden.

Glad that you are just about ready for your trip Play .... and don't worry about your daughter while you are gone..... she will be fine. I know. Easy for me to say. Does she have any friends that she can call should the need arise?

I need to start on the AB again although this evening I didn't have many Guinness in the fridge and was determined not to stop and buy more on my way home - and haven't. And won't drive because I have had three. So that is a good thing.

Bug
    - good chatting last night - you sound good. Sorry about the incident earlier in the week though - has it all sorted itself out now?

I am going back to my book - it has got to an exciting part - close to the end !!

love and hugs, Sun XXX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Just wanted to drop by and say hi!! I've been absent so much lately. Anyway, big hugs to everyone. :h:l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning!

Hey Everyone, I'm ready to go and will post when I get to Spain and get a good nights sleep so on Tuesday.

This is so totally strange but I'm still not craving just having fleeting thoughts of a glass of wine. I'm wondering if the AB actually has helped my brain to be rewired by giving me a few days AL free at a time and maybe my brain is starting to lose the cravings. I can hardly believe that I haven't had a drink in a week and it's been easy and only took the AB last Sunday. Maybe it's too good to be true I'm afraid to even have one glass but I will have to test it pretty soon as I don't want everyone there to look at me strangely:H

Space, I will be in touch and thinking of all of you.
        See you soon.
        play

Comment

Hi Play, a question, are you taking topa too, how did you get to the place where you didn't have any cravings?/ Im so happy for you and also jealous that you are going to spain@!!!! Have a great time. Buggy

Comment

Hi there all .... well SO quiet here isn't it ? I guess we all have nothing much to say - just struggling with the same old same old. Although I feel a bit better - I am only buying what I will allow myself to drink - and it seems to be working. I should go back on the AB - it worked for a while. SIGH.

Nora - lovely to see you - hope all is well with you and yours - I often lurk around your thread but haven't for a while so have no idea what is going on with you or Jan.

Bug - not sure when Play will be posting - but she is not taking Topa. She did but found it gave her too much Topa dopa and in her line of work, she just cannot have that so she stopped it but it did help with the cravings. She is thinking that taking the AB for a little while now and then has helped her brain retrain a little ....... hopefully when she gets over her jetlag she will explain better.

I have no idea where everyone else is - but sometimes this happens here so I am not worried. Folk will turn up again eventually when they want to. Life just goes on the same for me. Our heat is ridiculous - 102 today - in JUNE. These are August temps! I am hoping that this isn't a precursor of our summer.

Going to get going. Just wanted to push us up a bit before we went on to the next page. love and hugs to all,

sun XXX
            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi All, I'm safely arrived in Espana, it is a lovely warm temperature and balmy, just perfect. My flights were awesome, flew Swiss Air and they are the best. I had a window seat in an exit row so plenty of room to stretch out and I even took my very own pillow from home and what a difference that made, I actually slept for quite a few hours. They offer Swiss chocolates frequently and bring around hot washcloths in the morning for your face, wow, it's called customer service. I felt like a totally normal person, had a glass of wine with dinner and one before bedtime and that was it and not even during my layover, I feel like I'm doing really good and it's because of the AB.

Bug, no I am not taking Topa now for quite some time. As Sun said, it caused me to be too forgetful at work and caused me to make mistakes which is too dangerous for me. But I really loved it when I took it and it took away almost all the cravings. But in reality I don't think it is really a fix it as I have seen everyone taking it always have to increase the dose and it is very easy to drink over, so in the long run I don't think it is a cure, but it certainly did help.

AB seems to be the one thing that truly stops the drinking and actually takes away the cravings because the brain somehow knows it can't drink and forgets about it. It really is the one thing that has helped me more than anything. I suppose the trick is to keep motivating ones self to take it no matter how you take it.

So, I took a nap today and I'm enjoying being here so much. My grandson was so happy to see me I thought he was never going to stop hugging me and me him too. And my granddaughter reached out her arms to me within five minutes and laughs and smiles when she sees me. She is doing just great, crawling and pulling herself up and just doing really good in general, it makes me happy to watch her. Considering how much we have gone thru with her I think we are really being blessed.

I'm going to take pictures when I get a chance and send them to whichever one of you knows how to post them. In the past I sent them to WTE but she doesn't post now so anybody out there who knows how? Let me know.

And Dizz, pleas let us know what is going on with the wedding plans for you and BF, you might be married already for all we know.

Sun, will email tomorrow, I'm thinking of you. And everyone else thinking of you also.

See you soon and bye from sunny Barcelona.

Comment

I am really struggling with this faulty laptop here so havent been able to read back and cant type much as it keeps flikering all the time

Play I hope you have a wonderful relaxing time in spain, make the most of being with your daughter and her family and try not to stress to much over your other daughter, I know it will be hard not to but you must try to distract yourself. I think she will be ok.

Things are the same here for me, I have ordered a mini e tablet and case with a keyboard as an early birthday pressie, i hope it comes soon so i will be able to talk and read properly, also that it works as it was so cheap! will let you all know

space x

Comment

Hey Space,
                  Boy, I sure hope your new computer works well so we are in the same time zone now, yay. Yes I'm so happy to be here and really getting to know my little granddaughter. She is doing so well, crawling, standing up, babbling and totally engaged. She didn't know me tho as she was still such a baby when I was here six months ago and she probably won't remember me six months from now but well nothing else I can do about that.

And as for my daughter back home, I feel really out of touch with her mostly because the time difference makes it difficult to talk much. She is very quiet and withdrawn just experiencing grief I guess. She will visit her brother for a few days this weekend so that will be good for her.

Hellooooo to everyone else out there.

Sun, I sure don't envy you the super hot weather but at least the storms have let up. Now perhaps your garden will flourish after all the rain at least the seeds that didn't float away

Well better go for now, love you all.
                  play

Comment

Hi guys

I do read and keep up but my life is just so busy at the moment that I hardly have any time to myself.

My mom is in one of her down moods so all she does is sit on her arse and complain that my engagement party is too expensive, and the ring is too expensive... SHE'S not bloody paying for it!

So now I have to use my aunt to help me go look at the venue the second time in half hour, at least she's around and not bat shit crazy. I have another older friend who is taking me to lunch on Saturday and then we'll discuss possibly having the marriage at her house and then hunting for an outfit and a ring. We were going to get married at Home Affairs but they're all booked out and its disgusting in there. This house is pretty and we don't need much, just an hour and two witnesses. We'll treat them to a dinner afterwards or order in some sparkling wine and canapes.

I also have someone doing my invitations and someone else who is doing my make-up and the pictures on the day, so I guess I'm blessed I'm surrounded by people who is NOT my mom, who's only task here is to rile me up. Sometimes I really despise her, if she can't help with anything, then she can at least keep her mouth shut and not drag me down every single day.

Bf (well its fiance but there is no nice abbr for it so it will have to stay bf for now) has to get a letter of non-impediment from the Irish government and that might hold up EVERYTHING if we don't get it in time. I'm sitting here with 19 guests for the engagement party, a ring to be made, a lawyer to book, an immigration appointment, a MARRIAGE to organise and the hotel after etc. etc. and we cannot even be sure that he'll get the letter in time.

Sorry, but I had to vent. I will comment on the rest of your posts in a day or two when my heart is beating normally again

Lots of love and hugs,
                    :l:l:l

Comment

Hi Dizz, thanks for checking in:h I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Letter. I can imagine the state you must be in with everything happening so suddenly and wish your mother could be of more help or at least not hinder things.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and glad you could vent to us a bit. Don't worry about what we are up to right now just use your energy for yourself right now.

Thinking of you and maybe you can email some pics of the wedding to us. I'd love to see the two of you on your day.

XXX

Comment

Oh Dizzy - you sound so frantic and I don't blame you. Please try and calm down - easy for me to say I know - but you need to take a deep breath !! Positive thoughts that it will all work out. I hope that your friend comes through and you can have the wedding at her house - it is good that your aunt can help you too. Fingers crossed that the letter comes through !! In the meantime I am sending positive vibes your way and lots of hugs :l:l

Hi there play - you sound happy !! I am so pleased that you have made it to Spain and are with your family there. It is good that your daughter will be visiting her brother - good for her to have a break too.

Oh Space - I so understand with gadgets going wrong - hubs and I are both without phones right now - thanks technology !!! Hope that the tablet works for you.....

Getting ready for work ..... have a good one everybody :l:l

Love, sun XX

Comment

Hi still not got the tablet so I will try and get this done before my laptop goes off again!

Play, I am so happy for you that you are in Spain and able to enjoy your family and the lovely baby, its great that she is now doing so well. Im also glad that your other daughter is able to go to her brothers to see him, she will be grieving but will get over it, she is young enough to do so.

Dizzy, wow what a busy time you are having, sorry you mum is not well and cant help but you know she is ill so its not her fault, try not to get too angry about her, after all it sounds like youve got plenty of other helpers anyway. Are you having both an engagement party and then the wedding both together in one visit? Could your bf go over to Ireland and sort out the paperwork he needs, its only a short and cheap flight to Dublin, maybe that would be quicker and easier for him to do it in person rather that trying to communicate over the phone, email ect and then waiting for the post to arrive. anyway I do hope it all goes well for you as Im sure it will, and by the way congratulations this is the first Ive heard that you where planning to get married.

Sorry I cant talk to everyone else I will try to catch up again soon

space x

Comment

Thanks guys and I'm trying not to get angry and she did apologise and I know I have enough other helpers - all I'm asking of her is not to be a millstone around my neck! I'll by no means ever ask for a more lavish ring or reception than bf can pay for as I'm just not that type of person and I know my mom's paranoid about their financial situation but God, she doesn't have to pay one blind cent for anything, so why can't she just sit back and relax without imagining him bankrupt too when we have more than enough in the bank for now? It really takes the joy out of everything. I just want my old mom back. X

Comment

Ohh dizzy I do understand now when you say you want your old mum back, she is probably just worried and I know with myself that I dont do things in moderstion so when I start stressing it is really stressing. I hope she can manage to relax a bit and enjoy your wedding with you, the lead up is always stressful for any wedding tho, my daughter was driven round the bend by her hubbys mums before their wedding worrying over it, I even remember his mum coming to their flat one day and trying to talk them into cancelling a week before so she didnt have to worry about upsetting guests!!! when is the wedding dizz?

Comment

I just want to tell you all about something great i have discovered, i got an electronic cigarette, not the ones that look like proper cigarettes but the ones that you fill with liquid with a plastic see thru chamber. well i havent had a proper cigarette since last saturday and been reducing by upping the e cig and reducing the rolling ones and im doing really well, i have only used one pack of tobacco this last week which would normally last me about 2 days so for someone who hasnt had a day without a cig since i was around 15 i am made up and really hopefull of my first day without a rolly either.

sorry no caps its just too much hastle with only one shift key

Comment

Working...
                                X