New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popping in to day hi to my dear Sunshine and everyone else!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HEY JAN !!! Lovely to see you - how are things going? I need to check over on your thread - I haven't for ages so have no idea what is going on with you. Hope all is well? And hugs to your baby bear too XXX

love, sun XXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well - this is just great! I was talking to BOB (Big Older Brother) about this site and finally told him who I am on it - trying to get him to come here. He said he wouldn't but now of course he knows who I am !!!!! he needs to come here - he doesn't understand the support thing - and if he reads this........ BOB - stop reading when you aren't a member - LOL.

love and hugs, Sun XXXX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Absolutely nothing to say! Looks like everyone is sortof doing same. Looking for details of the wedding, DIZ!! My 60th b'day is July 5th...just sort-of hanging in, doing summer school, random things...

Hope all continues to go well elsewhere :-))

Comment

Happy (early) bday, houtx!

houtx;1523123 wrote: just sort-of hanging in, doing summer school, random things..
            You really hit the nail on the head there--random things, hanging in, and summer school starts for me, too, tomorrow. (O, Lord! I do not want it it to.)

Hope everybody else is hanging in, as well. I have not been around nor have I read back to catch up (sorry).

Comment

Hi All, just back from the heavenly beach house and oh so relaxed. Dizz good going on the AB and Sun for joining today Monday. I'm doing ok, no AB yet but holding down well due to being with family and also too many times with in laws where wine is a given, not that much wine but a given. I do plan to start it regularly again when I get home and am excited about it.

Space, sorry about your tablet but it will sort out and I'm feeling sure that there is nothing serious wrong with you so don't fret too much

Hi Bug and Stuck and Mamma Bear.

Well, I have more to talk about but want to go to bed early after staying up late the last three days talking spiritual growth (not religion) with my daughter and reading books by David R Hawkins which prompt the talking.

Bye for now, love and Hugs from play:h

Comment

Hi all - yet another really sticky day here - temps in the high 90s. Heat index in the 100's This is STUPID for June here. I hate it and it does NOT bode well for the summer !!! SO humid. Yuck.

Play - so lovely to hear from you. And very happy that you are having such a wonderful time. It warms the cockles of my heart to hear it. Okay - I will dig out the david hawkins book - but it is SO intellectual !!!!! I really don't think I am clever enough for it - LOL. I have not heard back yet from your therapist but will wait until I do and then we can get the ball rolling.

Hey there Houtx - Happy early birthday - I will try and remember on 5th July - TRY being the operative word !! Which reminds me I must get a card off to BOB - his b'day is the 7th !! Which is also Ringo Starr's birthday !

Hey there too Stuck
                - good to see you poke your nose in too - it has been very quiet here lately. I think everyone has just been doing their own thing.

Well Dizzy
                - I was hoping that you would give me a swift kick up the rear end about the Ab - did you take yours today? I prepared myself yesterday - stopped drinking around 3.00 yesterday afternoon so last nights sleep was dismal. Tonights cannot be much worse. But at least I am doing something positive - right? Right !!

I think I am going to go and read my book - I have a pile of ironing but think I am going to save that for tomorrow night.

Love and hugs to all,

love, Sun XXXXX

Comment

Does Topamax make anybody else exhausted???

I have been taking 50 mg of Topamax before bed and I feel exhausted the next day. When I stop taking it, I feel better and have more energy. The bad part is that it DOES help me to drink less, but I'm just not sure which is worse? Feeling exhausted all the time or drinking more!

Comment

Hi apple - how long have you been taking the topa? If you take it before bed, can you try taking it earlier - say around 6.00 in the evening - and then slowly take it back to earlier in the day, once your body gets used to it. I really need to know how long you have been on it - I remember having to play around with the timing of my dosage but once my body got used to it, I had no problems. let me know.....

Sun

Comment

Hey all -
                      In a weird twist of fate, my 20 yo daughter came home from a DR visit today. She's been suffering from headaches, stomach aches, dizziness...a whole host of ailments that drive me crazy. Pinched nerve?? We just can't figure it out even after a CAT scan...Ka CHING goes my insurance...oh well...

Guess what her DR prescribed for the time being??!! TOPAMAX!!!! She told me that and I just about fell on the floor. He told her the major SE was weight loss! She's on 50 mg for the next month then goes back for a check-up. She was surprised I knew about this med...I hemmed & hawed about it...OMG -

So strange!! I'll let you all know if she has no cravings for the wine we enjoy weekly (on her part & of course, DR didn't find need to mention this possible SE))...or the Topa Dopa(which her Dr didn't mention either)...I can't tell you how freaky it was when she dropped the name!!

She is starting at 50 mgs and no plans to up it. Pretty weird, huh??!!

Comment

Hi all

I’m sorry for not checking in and not really answering on everyone’s replies but I’ve not been on my computer, I’ve been so busy.

I did say why we are getting married and then getting engaged, we are not telling my family that we’re getting married right now because my mom is ill and if god forbid something should happen to her the last thing I want to think is that this would be the reason. So we’re going to ask my father’s hand and all of that and tell them we’re getting married in a couple of months in the UK. I guess not everyone will like that decision but it’s the one I made.

I’ve had 3 weeks to organise a wedding and an engagement party so no wonder I’m running around like a headless chicken but I guess its mostly sorted now, deposits paid, etc. Now the champagne slightly shimmering dress just needs to be altered slightly and it goes with a maroon shawl (and lips and nails) He is wearing a royal blue suit with a maroon tie. I’ve got a princess cut solitaire engagement ring and friends helping with everything.

No I just have to buy a few new pieces of clothes (HATE clothes shopping) diet quite a bit which makes me grumpy, try not to have a heart attack because of all the ducks that have to be in a row for everything to pan out (we’re getting married on the same day his flight lands) and do a few trips to the beautician, which I also hate, LOL.

But his flight his book, he’s coming, and even if everything else goes wrong, at least I get to see my bf for four lovely days Lets just hope Mandela doesn’t die on the day before the wedding and that day is declared a public holiday! (*breathing deeply*) You see, I can’t even come on here to relax anymore

But we have a lovely friend who is hosting the wedding ceremony at her lovely home, just her, her bf, us and a marriage officer. I gave her money to buy white orchards, champagne, and some canap?s.

And we have a lovely French restaurant where we are inviting 19 guests to for the engagement party, its really romantic, loads of candles, and white roses, chandeliers, only soft French music, in other words, I don’t have to worry about anything – I can just show up (and bring wine with corkage, there wine prices are off the charts)

We also don’t have the best hotel in the world honeymoon-wise (we'll do that later)but its very nice and it overlooks some vineyards. Its mostly used for conferences but what we mostly want is somewhere stylish where we can spend some private time without worrying about running into friends, so its perfect.

Of course we have to suffer through the asking of the parent’s meal as well, not really looking forward to that one. Not that they can say no but we have so little time together that I wish we didn’t have to.

I hope you all are well and I promise to check in and comment soon!!!

Love and hugs to all,

:h:h:h

PS: Did read your comment about the Antabuse and I DID take mine otherwise I’d be a slobbering mess, so here is your gentle kick up the rear

Comment

Dizz,
                          I think it sounds perfect, congratulations and totally understand not telling your mom right now, that's just common sense in this case

Check in when you get a chance but don't stress over it.

Lots of Love,
                          Play

Comment

Good Morning everyone !

Dizzy - I am sorry I didn't understand - I do now - DUH ! Gosh - fancy getting married and keeping it a secret - I would find that SO hard but totally understand where you are coming from. Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you - of course, that is an understatement !! I will be thinking of you and sending all sorts of positive vibes your way - how exciting. Please send pics won't you?

Houtx - your doc must think that your daughter is having migraines, but how weird that he has put her on Topa - wow. And to start her on it at 50mg - quite a high dose considering how it can affect one to begin with. let us know how she does.

Hi there play
                            - how are you doing? I am feeling really good today! Very positive and started the book that you talked about, last night. It looks promising. Hope that you are enjoying your holiday - you really needed it !!

Getting ready for work,

Hugs to all,

sun XX

Comment

Hi all, Wow Dizz, you must be so excited, everything else will fall into place, BREATHE. We are all very happy for you. It's nice to hear about good things going on in our lives!!!
                              I am back at home, the move was to say the least stressful, but they are somewhat set.
                              So lately i have been uber sensative, i don't know if it's the topa or what, but my emotions have been running rampid. I'm not saying it's all bad and HOUTX this is for you , it has caused hubs to stop being so abrasive and watch how he talks to me!!! And he actually is doing alot better!!! off the cuff i would say im so emotional because im just exhausted, but this has been going on for a couple of months, have i been exhausted for that long? maybe? my drinking has gotten better as of late, not saying im cured or anything, i still have a couple of drinks in the evening but then i stop, don't want to get drunk, it's weird, but i'm goinn with it!! so anyway, hope everyone is hangin in there and doin well,, i think of you all often. Bug

Comment

Thanks guys, it is difficult to *breathe* and also not to tell anyone but only one more week to go and I'm actually wishing the time would go faster.
                                X0X

Comment

Working...
                                X