New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Hello, everyone, how are you. Enjoying my freedom and summer vacation. Still drinking too much and need to stop. My TSM site isn't working again.

Comment

Meggie - I think it is gone for good this time...... :-(
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

You can't get it either. Have you talked with anyone else. I miss the support and the people. How are you doing, still not drinking. I have good days and bad. I don't think this is suppose to be my cure. Email me if you want.

Comment

You are all very much welcome at theendofmyaddiction.com. Naltrexone is a frequent topic of discussion there. :hug:

Comment

Meggie - the site is back up again - but if you had it as a favourite, you will need to type the address in again. I am still really good - have not had a drink since January - and sometimes gosh, I really WANT to want one - but cannot force it - just so weird!

Serenity - thanks for the info re The end of my addiction - but I think Meggie was talking more about that we all knew each other on the TSM site......

Hugs, Sun
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I'm so relieved that the TSM site is back up. I heard it was just that the guy who pays for hosting had his credit card number reissued. In the early part of this year, my husband had his ID stolen when the accountant at his firm sent the W2 info to an unidentified source, and it turned out to be a con. grrrrr. (For those outside of the US, a W2 is what we get to file our taxes and has all the information, from Social Security numbers to salary information, included. It's VERY protected info.) Anyway...

It would have been such a shame to lose that resource, just as it would be to lose MWO, despite the fact that the ways to talk to and about and to support people with alcoholism continue to expand and in some cases improve. It would be terrible to lose the histories!

How is everybody here?

Comment

Well, I'm back. I spent the last two days catching up. My drinking has once again escalated back to my two bottles of wine. I went on a cruise and of course met other people like me. Lol! I also stopped eating. It actually reminds me of someone that posted a long time ago. �� I'm thinking of trying the NAL.
                  Stuck, where are you? Are you OK?
                  Sun, I am so happy for your success. Thank you. I'm glad to see something works, I hope it may work for me as well.
                  Houtx, how are you? You are retired? Horray!
                  Meggie how are you doing.
                  I'm trying to taper down and wonder if any of you have advice? How slowly or quickly? Gosh, I really wish those old posts were still here.

Comment

Gosh Wu - fancy seeing you here! Yes, Naltrexone worked for me - it did take nearly a year but I saw no alternative. think about it maybe? But you have to be consistent - you have to take the Nal EVERY time you drink......

Hugs, Sun

Comment

Originally posted by wu1969 View Post
                      Stuck, where are you? Are you OK?
                      StuckinLA is very active over on the EOMA forum (The End Of My Addiction - Forum discussing Baclofen, Naltrexone and Other Medications for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence) under general discussion. Check out his very own 'my place to pretty much just b*tch' thread 😀. I'll tell him you were asking about him.

Mom2
                      http://baclofentreatment.com/
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

I miss everyone here. I am Nal and it is over a year. Not working for me.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I hope you're all well. I had some success on Antabuse interspersed with some bad binges...

How are you all doing? I heard there was some Drama on the meds thread?

Hi Sun, I'm going to give Nal a go, I have ordered 120 tabs fro a River today. Not real cheap but worth the shot I think? Could you give me a summary of your experience and what it feels like to drink on Nal? Do you just feel flat? I really hope this works for me so I can do better at work.

Lots of hugs.
                          DB XXX

Comment

WEll, hello, nice to hear from a past member. Sun has done real well on the Nal. I have been on it for over a year and it has done nothing for me. I still drink, cut down for awhile but here I am again.
                            Love some gossip, what happened ont the med thread.

Comment

Not sure, some troll apparently. How does Nal make you feel, side effects, how does drinking feel different? X

Comment

When I first started I had to cut it into fourths because it made me sick to my stomach. That happens with many, I slowly worked up to 50. I tried 75 but didn't feel any different. It has worked very well for many. Not me, sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X