No announcement yet.

New here and starting Topa and with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My doctor gave me Naltrexone on my last visit, did it give you anxiety or insomnia Meggie? Those two se's I'm scared of, another thing is that I'm not a daily drinker so I don't know if it will even work? Any information would be greatly appreciated, Google only goes so far,thanks
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

If I were you I would only use it when I drank. I didn't have any of those side effects, it made me sleep well. I didn't have any anxiety, if anything it was only sick to my stomach feeling. That Is why I slowly worked up to the 50. Become a member of the Sinclairmethod.com site. There are some really great people on that site and they are sooo helpful. Only wish it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by DizzyBee View Post
        Hi Everyone

I hope you're all well. I had some success on Antabuse interspersed with some bad binges...

How are you all doing? I heard there was some Drama on the meds thread?

Hi Sun, I'm going to give Nal a go, I have ordered 120 tabs fro a River today. Not real cheap but worth the shot I think? Could you give me a summary of your experience and what it feels like to drink on Nal? Do you just feel flat? I really hope this works for me so I can do better at work.

Lots of hugs.
        DB XXX
        Hey Dizzy - I have PM'd you ..... and yes the nal worked really well for me - I had no SE's, apart from some mild nausea initially but as long as I took the nal with food for the first few times, the nausea went away after that. The only thing I stress is that you have to be consistent and take it EVERY time you drink! Also - it is not a magic pill - you still have to work at it! great to hear from you,

hugs, Sun x
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Originally posted by meggie View Post
          If I were you I would only use it when I drank. I didn't have any of those side effects, it made me sleep well. I didn't have any anxiety, if anything it was only sick to my stomach feeling. That Is why I slowly worked up to the 50. Become a member of the Sinclairmethod.com site. There are some really great people on that site and they are sooo helpful. Only wish it worked.
          This is what the doctor said to do,only take if drinking, she says it'll help me stop at one or two instead of 10 or more,thanks for your time Meggie
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I have been very good about taking it the full hour or more then an hour. I am just one of those that it doesn't work for. However, I am still taking the one pill every day. Waiting for the magid.

Comment

Hello ladies.

Haven't been on this forum at all for a long time, and haven't read through this thread. Just dropped in, and since I'm here I wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive. Still drinking, still teaching. Doing pretty much the same thing as I've been doing since I was last here.

Hope you all are well.

Comment

Hi Stuck, you really don't need to read the thread nobody has been on it. Are you still with the girl. Hope you are doing ok.

Comment

Bump
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bump
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I may be old or dumb, but what does bump mean.

Comment

Hi meggie, don't feel bad because I'm old and dumb as well! "bump" bump.gif is just when someone wants to "bump" a thread back to the top of the forum so it doesn't get lost in the subsequent pages..
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy New Year!!!

I should have said hello not just bumposteroops: Cowboy explained it very well - thanks.

Are you still taking topamax?
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh, I have been off Topamax since 2010. It really worked well and I did well, then I tried campral, and now an on Nal. Nothing seems to work for me. I still drink every night, vodka but I don't drink as much. It doesn't taste as good but I still drink it. I am an the TSM sight and they area helpful. But this one little pill doesn't do it for me.
                            I am hoping that when I retire I will be better, I doubt it. Sorry for the negative 2017. Going to be a big one, turning 60, retiring and have my only child getting married. .

Comment

Meggie - huge happenings going on. Congratulations.

I know that Sunshinedaises said it took about 7 months on the nal for her
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hit reply to soon. Im on my kindle.

I just want to tell you do not give up. I had about given up and then I tried one more time. We're here to support
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X