Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Hey, Ne, your inbox is full. I don't know if you noticed but Missabby1 did not respond when I outed her as Tracy/Wink.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Otter;1201514 wrote: Hey, Ne, your inbox is full. I don't know if you noticed but Missabby1 did not respond when I outed her as Tracy/Wink.
      I noticed. Missyabby is an old friend and definitely not Tracy. I'm afraid her insinuation about your wife's health was not a very wise one, but I also think it might stem from something I said on one of those contentious threads ages and ages ago... Anyway, whatever the case (and I hope I'm not making excuses) it's all water under the bridge, right? We're all trying to find a way out, and Missy is doing it the only way she knows how...

You can email me via MWO or my regular email. I simply cannot stand the PM thing anymore.
      Call it a Ne Quirk.

Btw, what is it with people using my real name? (Not you Otter. Other peeps.) Pretty sure it would be very distressing were I to use your names, ...It's not a big deal, as I am who I am and proud to be here, but it feels a little disrespectful.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

[QUOTE=Ne/Neva Eva;1201581]I noticed. Missyabby is an old friend and definitely not Tracy. I'm afraid her insinuation about your wife's health was not a very wise one, but I also think it might stem from something I said on one of those contentious threads ages and ages ago... Anyway, whatever the case (and I hope I'm not making excuses) it's all water under the bridge, right? We're all trying to find a way out, and Missy is doing it the only way she knows how...

You can email me via MWO or my regular email. I simply cannot stand the PM thing anymore.
        Call it a Ne Quirk.

Btw, what is it with people using my real name?

Thanks

I a glad it is not Tacy.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1201581 wrote:
          Btw, what is it with people using my real name? (Not you Otter. Other peeps.) Pretty sure it would be very distressing were I to use your names, XXXXXX and XXXXXX and others...It's not a big deal, as I am who I am and proud to be here, but it feels a little disrespectful.
          Oh for goodness sakes.
          "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Cassander;1196219 wrote:

Younger Next Year explains how to build a whole life around regular exercise, a good diet, proper sleep, etc, and "caring, commitment and community". This last ingredient is the tough one in 21st century America and, no doubt, in most of the rest of the world.

I think it may well be the absence of the last ingredient, in many ways, that drives us to drink!
            In many ways, lack of connection was a consequence of my alcoholism. I get that. I'm still trying to sort out how and in what way I can best do those C's. Not so tough, except that I'm thinking it has as much to do with being centered myself before offering up something to help another... hmmm. Will see.

Doggygirl;1196403 wrote:
            Ne - before you even get your blood work done for thyroid check out Thyroid Mistreatment, Hypothyroidism Scandals, and Thyroid Treatment Problems | Stop The Thyroid Madnessâ„¢.

DG
            I did check out that site. Thank you DG. I also read some more about it. It really just didn't quite seem to fit. Not the right fit, anyway. Then I had some insight about the iodine connection. I have not one single source of iodine in my life. Not one. No table salt, fortified grains or cereals, very little fish, and less chicken/eggs/dairy. For about 5 days I've been swallowing a 1/2 teaspoon of salt water and dang if it hasn't made a difference! No other real changes in nutrition/exercise/life. My energy level and mental clarity are much improved. I mention this simply because I wonder if others might have the same experience...

Once again what I thought was bac was very likely completely unrelated. Over a year I've been blaming that pill for all sorts of things. Of course, much of it was accurate. :H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Missy Tracy?

Hey Ne, you are truly an evolving woman. What I really mean to say is thank you for calling me an old friend. You have no idea what that means to me, going through the godawful underground of change. However, courage is now coming back, with a flash every now and then and then lights out! lol Nights of horrendous dreams, always missing planes ( to God knows where) and then babies being born in unexplained places ( new life). Jung was a smart cookie!

I am left with a truly sexually transmitted disease and a shred of self respect. An enormous amount of rage and still the tender heart of a nurturer.

Peace sister and thanks for being around.

Missy xxx

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Because you sign some of your hearthfelt posts as Karen.

Ne/Neva Eva;1201581 wrote:

Btw, what is it with people using my real name? (Not you Otter. Other peeps.) Pretty sure it would be very distressing were I to use your names, XXXXX & XXXXXX (EDIT) and others...It's not a big deal, as I am who I am and proud to be here, but it feels a little disrespectful.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

ne, if i have used your given name, it was an oversight, but it was a pretty innocent one, in light of the fact that at times you have used it yourself in your sign-offs. that was below the belt, posting my name like that, and i wish you would delete it. unlike you, i have never, ever signed of with my real name. but now it's there, for the whole effen world to see: i am rudy b, and my name is guess which one!!! thanks a lot, neva eva.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

(i realize i am unnecessarily outing myself there, but i am just so shaken to see my name in this very public place that has been a safe haven for me on my journey to freedom, used in a snarky lash-back reaction to something that was not even a crime.)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

It's already been deleted Rudy.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Now that was snarky, Rudy. (Though true.) But not the first.

Bruun, I've asked you at least three times over the last year not to use my name. When I leave my name, it's on a personal post. I almost always delete it after the fact. This is the world wide web.

If someone needs to know my name, they can have it. But it's not yours to offer up.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hi Ne, Ive just been reading back through a bit of this thread and one thing you said has really jumped out at me that is

And this is fact. Many more of us die from addiction than get better

How true and how lucky we all are to be in this place getting better.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

spacebebe01;1204851 wrote:
                            how lucky we all are to be in this place getting better.
                            Luck is only a small part of it, space! The rest is up to us. :l

Just a quick note here about bac.
                            My dad saw his primary care physician last week and asked him about baclofen and alcoholism. The doc said that he'd heard of it, that there weren't any conclusive studies on High Dose Bac yet, but that he knew people who were prescribing it.
                            He also said that baclofen has been around for a very long time, that it's an inherently safe drug, and that if it was working for me in terms of alcohol, my father shouldn't worry at all.

I'm encouraged for the obvious reason, but also because a general practitioner has heard of it, and knows enough about it to know about baclofen! He's in a major east coast city, and affiliated with Johns Hopkins (a major medical university in the US) but that means the information is spreading. Maybe by 2018 someone around here will have heard of it and I'll be able to get a local doctor?

The conversation brought me some comfort so I thought I'd share.
                            Peace out, peeps! Hope you all have a nice weekend!
                            Ne

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Reggie;1215426 wrote: Aint THAT the truth!!!!!

Hey Ne if ya in contact with Beatle send her my love and this tune for her .....hope she is well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJVTb4V1DY&feature=related[/video]]I 'm thinking of a Number ~ Lambchop - YouTube

Great post by the way NE ... as always you hit the Keyboard and MAGIC happens :l
                              Got it!
                              I'll try. Looking forward to the song, myself.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I stumbled upon this thread and forgot that I was reading the beginning of it. lol What a great first page! NE, though we have had our differences, I would like to remind you that you also had SE's that you had not heard of way back when. Please, in the future, remember this when you are posting to others. Thanks. =)

On another note, what a great story to read. It's nice to know that many people have tried baclofen and gave up or didn't take it correctly the first time. We are always in such a rush. Aren't we? NE, it made me laugh to hear that you had went from 60mgs to 90mgs. I, too, did the same thing, and didn't even realize it until later. lol I stayed at 90mg for a month, then, not paying attention again, went up to 120mgs which wasn't too bad. Then, it gets a little fuzzy. Somehow at some point or another, I jumped to 180mgs. I am still not sure how that happened. I think I went from 120 to 150 to 180. As I said, it's fuzzy. At 180mg, I remember my head hurting really bad and feeling very ill. It was then that I read somewhere on here that I was only suppose to go up 10mg's which I already knew but seem to have forgotten or just wasn't paying attention. I have a tendency to do that. =) I would like to think it's because my mind is poisoned by all the beer I have drank. I never use to be like this. =( Anyway, I am now happy and indifferent (I think) at 140mgs and realize that I have to go up or go down by only 10mgs. Lesson learned the hard way. =)

I was happy to hear that I am not the only one who gets lost on this baclofen journey. The good news is that I am still a part of the journey it just like many of you. Though some of us have had our differences, we are still here sharing our stories and journeys with others. Hopefully, those who have just found MYO will go back to the beginning of our stories, as I just did, and they will realize that they, too, are not alone.
                                Still fighting the good fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X