Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Bruun, that's excellent! The SEs can be really difficult, please feel free to share the burden. I hope your experience is like mine and that they abate quickly.
    beatle, good point. If it makes you feel better, I save up a weeks worth (or in this case 2 weeks!) and watch 'em all in one go. So, the humor translates? I think he's so on target about the way many, many, many (i hesitate to say most, because that opens a whole can of worms) of us feel in this country, but the only voice we have in any media outlet. very frustrating. oh, to find a pol with a sense of humor, or a comedian who had political aspirations. (We've got a wrestler and a couple of movie stars... who knows? And clowns galore! Dressed up in expensive suits we payed for, with pretty glasses and a snowmobile. just sayin'.)
    Lo0p, is flirtation your default? Not that I'm complaining.
    Low, thanks, brother! you make my heart swell. xo

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, I'm not sure if the humour needs any translating... but anyway, almost all Norwegians under 60 years old understand English well, and a good proportion are interested in world politics and following what is going on outside their country (especially in the US), unlike some other nationalities, present company excluded -- don't know if that is the right expression for this.

Short post: JS is damn funny and informative over here, too.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Bruunhilde;1042160 wrote: I find it crazy how different my perspective of a mere post is, one hour to the next - never mind people in person. Sometimes I think I'm crazy, or that people keep going in and editing out the negative, because otherwise I'm really whacked out in my paranoia and insecurity. Which is probably the case.

:what?:
        Yup, that's me in a nutshell (or me in a nutcase, as my husband would say).

Paranoia and insecurity... add to that regret, shame, guilt, self-loathing, etc., and you begin to get the full spectrum (in a nutcase).
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1042218 wrote:
          beatle, good point. If it makes you feel better, I save up a weeks worth (or in this case 2 weeks!) and watch 'em all in one go.
          I can't do that here, we can't get the shows through the internet.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I wanna see the non toned down version. :upset:
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

It's gone now, but easily replicated in return for good advice that leads to documentable results.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

omg, it happened again last night. I dreamed about something that didn't happen, but was absolutely CONVINCED it did. That's not exactly right. What I thought was real, never actually happened.
                Truly bizarre.
                And with that thought, I think I'm going to take a MWO break.
                KOKO!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

FWIW, all your dreams about me could be real. :nutso:

Okay okay, I'll stop there. :H
                  :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                  sigpic
                  Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                  A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1042418 wrote:
                    And with that thought, I think I'm going to take a MWO break.
                    KOKO!
                    Jeesh, I had no internet over the weekend, and was completely spare. :durn: Couldn't do it voluntarily.

You have turned me into a smiley freak.
                    Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

epb, That is helpful, exactly how? Feels a little like you're making fun of me... :boohoo: ha.

bleep69;1042984 wrote: Jeesh,... Couldn't do it voluntarily. You have turned me into a smiley freak.
                      Ha, apparently I can't either. But whatev. I woke up this morning (at 3:30am) with a burning desire to get on here and share. (UH-OH!) Gonna keep this one light for that reason. (And I have that affect on lots of peeps! aren't they fun?:goodjob: They also serve to indicate intent. Like self-pity, in my case. )

I watched the movie Chicago last night. Really fun movie. That's not the point though. I've seen it several times before, I think. This time I actually watched it, through to the end, and remember it this morning. And it was Sunday. And I was alone all day, sans MWO for the most part. AND I was fairly freaking out from the bump up to 240 the day before. And despairing about whether or not this was actually going to work. I'm at 4mg/kg. (hmmm. anxiety/despair/loneliness=DRUNK in my world. Not yesterday! )

But that brings to mind a couple of deeper thoughts:
                      Drinking is, um, contra-indicated. :H But I have it on good authority that it works, regardless. (The good doctor, Birdy, Ltab, Phoenix Rising, Ignominious, many, many others. In fact, it's the rule, not the exception.)

And this last might come out the wrong way. I'll preface it with the fact that I don't have any one person in mind, it's a general thought, okay? Something I knew when I started this for the THIRD time in October, because I'd already tried twice unsuccessfully.
                      Baclofen is not to be undertaken lightly. It may
                      affect every aspect of your life. It may not, ftr. I presume that if you?ve decided to take bac, the booze is already having that effect. And it will for sure kill you, or worse.

Imho, it would be useful to know your limits before you begin. In addition to having enough baclofen on hand to titrate up, A PLAN is vital. In shrink-speak, I think it?s actualization of expectation. In self-help lit, it?s clarification of the goal and managing everything that gets in the way. In Ig2?s words, it?s don?t be a p*y. In the meds threads, it?s ?put on your big girl/boy britches.? (Unless you're the exception. Don't count on that. Especially if you're going to continue to booze.)
                      My limits were these: 3 months. 180mg (3mg/kg). No major disruptions in my life. (HA! to all three.) New limits: However long it takes. (thanks, beatle! ) No more than the rats. (300mg/kg for me.) And whatever it takes, at this point.
                      Frankly, when you get to the triple digits, you're going to have to taper down and that takes a while and can be uncomfortable, as well.

Know this, though: I am still very grateful for this solution. My AL consumption is almost 'normal', (2 glasses of wine yesterday) if still daily. The SEs are WAY more manageable at 240mg than they were at 30mg to 70mg. That's not just me either. Many others (craving comes to mind) experienced this.
                      So much for light and airy, or short and to the point. Sorry folks.
                      :ls

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1043043 wrote: epb, That is helpful, exactly how? Feels a little like you're making fun of me... :boohoo: ha.

:ls
                        Not at all! I think they are great, thanks for the conversion... :thanks:

I hear you on the limit, my approach with baclofen has been the same as my approach in other areas (booze and pharmaceuticals in particular. "More, More often, Quicker." but slightly more clinical in this case. I'll do whatever it takes, basically. No limits.

Stay well neva. Sounds you are seeing results, even if you don't seem to realise it! 2 glasses of wine on a Saturday night! :shocked: If you came to the forum and said that was your problem, I don't know how much sympathy you would garner. Probably lots, actually, but that's just MWO.
                        Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

epb is my semi-affectionate name for naughty lo0p. :H

bleep69;1043051 wrote: I don't know how much sympathy you would garner. Probably lots, actually, but that's just MWO.

Oh, I KNOW!
                          My heart goes out to them (okay, not really, but I try...)
                          Yes, I consider a couple of glasses of wine a success for any day, especially a day off (Sunday, actually.)
                          What isn't a success, yet, is that I still want
                          it and crave it. But all in due time, I guess.
                          I'm heartened by your progress, too!
                          :l (that's a great one, isn't it?)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1043081 wrote: epb is my semi-affectionate name for naughty lo0p. :H

:l (that's a great one, isn't it?)
                            Oops. Can't believe there isn't a smiley for embarrassed! Did wonder what the epb was supposed to mean...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

NE!! How are you? you around tody?
                              "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hi Everyone,

Quick check-in from the Sky Club at JFK...on the way home from Barcelona!

Comment

Working...
                                X