X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

suggestions?

:blush:
    I need help, not in a bad way. In an, ?I?m befuddled and can?t figure this out? way.

I think I took 320mg yesterday, by accident. My last dose, at 10pm, I suddenly thought that I?d missed a dose during the day, so I took 40mg more. But the thing is, I counted them out pretty meticulously yesterday morning, so I?m pretty sure that the extra 40mg was in addition to the 280mg I had portioned out.

The dilemma is this:
    I?ve got 15 pills to take at 20mg/pill for a total of 300mg for today. I may take 320 again, not sure.
    How often and in what dosage should I take it? Lame I know, but it?s where I am atm.

I didn?t drink last night. Two AF days in a row of my own volition. It?s un-effing-believable. No hyperbole. It?s really unreal. I?m foggy and dense this morning, had erratic sleep last night, but in general no worse than I am when hungover.
    The difference is I?m lucid enough to know that I?m foggy and dense. Before I was just that way by default and didn?t know any different. (sad.)
    More later, maybe. Tired of myself.
    I?ll check back after a nap. Hopefully someone will have an opinion? No lack of those around here. :H I hope anyway.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1050384 wrote:
      I need help, not in a bad way. In an, “I’m befuddled and can’t figure this out” way.

I think I took 320mg yesterday, by accident. My last dose, at 10pm, I suddenly thought that I’d missed a dose during the day, so I took 40mg more. But the thing is, I counted them out pretty meticulously yesterday morning, so I’m pretty sure that the extra 40mg was in addition to the 280mg I had portioned out.

The dilemma is this:
      I’ve got 15 pills to take at 20mg/pill for a total of 300mg for today. I may take 320 again, not sure.
      How often and in what dosage should I take it? Lame I know, but it’s where I am atm.

I didn’t drink last night. Two AF days in a row of my own volition. It’s un-effing-believable. No hyperbole. It’s really unreal. I’m foggy and dense this morning, had erratic sleep last night, but in general no worse than I am when hungover.
      The difference is I’m lucid enough to know that I’m foggy and dense. Before I was just that way by default and didn’t know any different. (sad.)
      More later, maybe. Tired of myself.
      I’ll check back after a nap. Hopefully someone will have an opinion? No lack of those around here. I hope anyway.
      Neva--

My most sincere CONGRATS on two AL-free days! :h How long has it been since you've been able to say that? It is unbelievable! Or would have been, before bac.

:goodjob: :wd: :yay: :banana:

I have no advice re: the dosage. If you did actually take too much yesterday, I'd just let it pass and keep taking what you were planning to. But the spacing out of the pills, I'll leave that to the high-dose people around here. I know bleep takes pills all day. I space mine out in 3-4 hour intervals, but that may change as I venture into higher-dose territory.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Neva,

If you made the 320, and nothing scary happened, just take the 320 today also. Why not?
        Dosage: well, I wouldn't know, but I'm sure you do I'd say take the bigger dose before you go to sleep. Then you're more sure some bac is in your brain the whole night.

60,60,60,60,80. It's weekend after all.

But this is just my Cerebellum talking to your Cerebellum

Hope you had a nice nap.

Low

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Truly well done on the AF days neva, you're glossing over it like it's a non-event, it's not!

I'm with Low, stick on the bumped up dose. Any extra from the previous day is mostly gone anyway, so why not? I'd split the dose into as many as you reasonably could, some people battle with that for some reason though, so work backwards until you get to a number you are happy with. You've been taking this for longer than me, your judgement is ultimately the best here.

More later, I'm off for a run. Can't believe I just said that. If you never hear from me again, my suspicions about heart attacks and running were true all along! Wish me luck...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1050384 wrote: How often and in what dosage should I take it? Lame I know, but it’s where I am atm.
            Easy. Get one of these:

Lock and load. Call me when you stop drinking.

Yes it's just a joke. :H

edit: Just saw the 2 AF days! Nice!
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            :what?:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Lowcountryman;1050397 wrote:

But this is just my Cerebellum talking to your Cerebellum

:H v. funny, wise guy. I'm going to follow your suggestion, I think, if I can figure out the times. seriously.

bleep;1050415 wrote:

More later, I'm off for a run. Can't believe I just said that. If you never hear from me again, my suspicions about heart attacks and running were true all along! Wish me luck...
              Just when you think you're heart is going to explode is when it starts to feel good. Or not. don't die on my account, okay? I can't hardly believe you're doing it either. But lemme tell you, I've read books, watched movies, used words in 'real' life, and told jokes off of the jokes thread based on suggestions in MWO. Pathetic? Maybe, but it connects my every day life with the most important one, which is unfortunately a tightly held secret. God. Even I hate the introspective shit.

Sere, Thanks DG. I'm probably going to drink today. Unfortunately without any fruition which may in fact deter me. Also the fact that I want to go bac to bed. It's fun there.

Yes it's just a joke.
              Thank you for the clarification. lol. I often need it.
              edit: part of the problem is that there are only 4 spaces for meds in my pill boxes. I may actually resort to pez dispensers. Especially if I have to go any higher! haha, ftr
              ok, so 60 at 530am, noon, 330pm, 630pm and 80 at 1030pm. Right? I'm seriously glad I put this out there, first time I haven't regretted a post, I think. I had 100mg extra in the pill box! crikey!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

ok, just back on the boards again here. I've sent some emails around explaining my absence... but just now got a minute to say to Neva (and everyone else):

based on others' experiences (as recorded here), many people actually went far above the magic number (dose) required for their switch, then came down again and hit their switch at some point AFTER going far up and then receding. This often happened because they went so high WHILE SOBER, so they did not know exactly when their switch happened.

(btw, by reaching their switch, I mean the *switch* (or "golden moment"), not some vague, hmm, was this really the switch, or is it me? Oh, I feel like my cravings are gone, so it's just a little will power, a little lifestyle change, a little changing of habits. ... that's not what I mean.)

If you look back -- Lo0p, bleep, Isolde and SO SO SO many others here have said, there IS a point, a real switch, and that's it. No more interest in alcohol. Dr. L. confirmed this (more about that later). "It's like magic, he said. It will just be turned off"... "You will go for weeks, maybe longer, and suddenly you will realize you haven't had alcohol in... how long?"

So, my take on this is that if you (Neva et al) can go so high without significant SEs, I would think that's ok, but I also would think that it's not going to change your switch point. And yes, you may have already hit the dose for your switch, but not hit the actual switch yet. Does this make any sense? Probably not, but I am in a real hurry. Back later.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

p.s. this is why I think, perhaps, Dr. L. said to stay at 260 for a while. He may be thinking you will hit your switch there. Just guessing. He did say most patients hit the golden point at 210-275mg and it has absolutely nothing to do with weight. Just genetics and "chemistry".
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I'm glad you've got those AF days in, shows something could well be working for you. I hope it does.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Another thing (now I'm really letting the cat out of the bag), Dr. L. said that the SEs would definitely be less if you decrease or stop drinking while titrating up on bac, but emphasized that it was not his job as a doctor to tell you not to drink. His job was to get you to the point at which you chemically no longer had a need or desire to drink. "It will happen".

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Please release the cat entirely.

Running is not fun.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Well, most of the cat is out of the bag now (some whiskers remaining?)

I'll summarize later with more details.

First, I have to obey the first commandment to all parents... Thou shall not let thy children starve (or something like that... not very good at my Genesis)

Comment

Progress thread for ne

beatle;1050465 wrote: p.s. this is why I think, perhaps, Dr. L. said to stay at 260 for a while. He may be thinking you will hit your switch there. Just guessing. He did say most patients hit the golden point at 210-275mg and it has absolutely nothing to do with weight. Just genetics and "chemistry".
                            Hey! What? Whoa there fella! OK, I'm a noob here, but from what I've read from various other sources, mg/kg (dose/body weight) is generally considered to be relevant.

Have I got that completely wrong?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Murphy, nobody knows, is the short answer. Weight is all over the place in terms of cure rates, so it's as relevant / irrelevant as hair colour at the moment.

What colour is your hair?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I'm bald. :H

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Working...
                                X