Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva
    I just got a text message from Spiritfree, on my phone, telling me that I should tell my "friends" to remove his name or he's going to have to hire a lawyer and that I will also.
    Sending unrequited text messages to the "defendant" in any case - What a dip shit

Regards
    I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
    Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
      You know what? That's kind of easy for you guys to say. I mean, you're not on the receiving end of this bull shit drama. It is ENDLESS. And has been for years. So yes, I've responded.

I just got a text message from Spiritfree, on my phone, telling me that I should tell my "friends" to remove his name or he's going to have to hire a lawyer and that I will also.

So let's set the record clear, here, Spirit, for all to see. I have no idea who is posting your name. I don't care. It's none of my business. I have no control over it. It's not against the law. It's not even against the rules of this forum.

Good luck with the attorney.

Also, don't text me.
      Hi Ne and good evening -
      Yes Ne, it is against the law to reveal a person's name with the intent to cause them harm. and especially without said person's permission. I did not "tell" you anything -I simply asked you to ask one of your friends.
      Ne, why would you even be interested in sharing an opinion that it is not against the law to reveal a person's identity. This being the case, according to you, I assume that it is ok for me or others to start sharing your full name and information on the site -right? Is this right Ne/Never/Ever?

In fact, it is against the law even if you do not intend to cause them harm. I sent you that text message as a matter of record and in hope for your help. You had stated in one of your prior posts that I "deserved this treatment/harassmentt". As you may recall, you asked that the person who is posting information on your tag lines remove said information/words and they quickly did as you asked (tags that involved you and me). I sent you the text in hopes that you would again ask the person making such horrific tags to remove them. Instead, all that I read is what you wrote above. You, simply by your failure to ask your friend to remove tags lines related directly to me, are simply a part of their ongoing criminal and illegal activities.

So Ne/Never/Ever -let us set the record straight:
      (1) You do care who is posting what as long it does not bring up your personal identity?
      (2) You are ok if someone reveals your personal identity? (they have the legal right to do so?)
      (3) You believe and advertise to the forum that it is ok to reveal a person's identity -even if you know or have seen it before hand and they do not give permission to post said info?

Ne: You have BacMan backing you up all the way. He/She is causing harm, not only to me, but to others as well. He/She works with you on your new forum and knows very well that his/her actions and your actions are causing harm to this forum and web site. I do now ask you to please you to call your dog off and help each of us to move on to help others to free themselves. It makes no sense whatsoever for you two to be on this forum when you have your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
        Sending unrequited text messages to the "defendant" in any case - What a dip shit. Regards
        Why would you consider NE a defendant?

Comment

NE, above all else discussed or addressed, please allow this forum to move forward in a more positive direction and ask your helpers to stay on your forum.....please?
          (Treat your new forum as if it were one of your own children; help it to grow up in a positive, energetic environment -right Ne?)

Comment

I feel the same way as many posters do about SF. He is undoubtedly everything you say he is and SF is considered counter productive to our purpose here and other peeps have referred to him as "creepy" malevolent and dangerous to newcomers.

I got involved because I thought that if enough people responded to him in this manner he would go away. I was wrong and Serenity is correct in the impossibility of reading the mind of a troll, you can't because it's not a healthy mind.

I also felt personally bad when I did reply knowing I was better than that, but he was so outrageous in his claims, threats, etc. and paranoid. Now my brain has accepted he is a dark person and that relieves me. I can read his posts from an emotional distance and see the game he is playing and almost pity him in his obvious need for attention at any costs.

He has not been in touch with Admin., nor is anybody posting in his name. Lawyers? Pfft! I have so many in my family we could start a law firm. They all say the only crime being committed is cyberstalking by S.F. Then there is my son who's a dr offering his opinion on mental health, and that I will not post.

Ne, I know he has been the bane of your existence and for that I am sorry because he has been merciless with her, BUT, she has provided us with a safe and knowledgeable site and an option like this is wonderful. It focuses on medical knowledge of baclofen, naltrexone nd other such medications. Nutrition is key as we know and we have that covered too and Ne hopes to have more peeps join for these reasons. I keep forgetting passwords (lol) so I haven't posted, but read.

Off to walk my chug (any guesses on breed?}

I am encouraging everyone to not read any more of his posts even though we do it for a laugh. In the past, of course Admin got involved. If not we just allowed the post to float to the bottom, and it was effective.

Let's leave all this behind us as a bad experience and go to the new site for sensible and accurate information and stay on MWO for everything else it offers, especially old friends.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
              Why would consider NE a defendant?
              I assume you mean - "Why would I consider Ne a defendant" ?

In the case of legal action the accused is known as the defendant

If by your dumb question you are hoping that I think you have a case for legal action - You are very much mistaken - The fact is, that there is nothing to answer and no there is no lawyer stupid enough to give you the time of day

Regards

Bacman
              Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

let us set the record straight:

Hi Ne and good evening -
                Yes Ne, it is against the law to reveal a person's name with the intent to cause them harm. and especially without said person's permission.
                Ne has not revealed your name - Your name was "outed" before her links to a poster called Carl Martin on an external website was made

You, simply by your failure to ask your friend to remove tags lines related directly to me, are simply a part of their ongoing criminal and illegal activities.
                This is supposed to be legal? - Are you insane - Not withstanding - Has it ever dawned on you that she might actually NOT know the person who put the tags up and you are needlessly harassing her

(3) You believe and advertise to the forum that it is ok to reveal a person's identity -even if you know or have seen it before hand and they do not give permission to post said info?
                I almost missed this edit:

What in gods name does this mean? - I have re-read it 20 or so times and even by your standards this is complete bollox - It makes no logical sense

Ne: You have BacMan backing you up all the way. He/She is causing harm, not only to me, but to others as well. He/She works with you on your new forum and knows very well that his/her actions and your actions are causing harm to this forum and web site. I do now ask you to please you to call your dog off and help each of us to move on to help others to free themselves. It makes no sense whatsoever for you two to be on this forum when you have your own.
                I used to be a he, now I am a she and I resent being labeled a dog - I could babble on about how this upsets me etc, the way you harp on like a broken record but I dont care Sprirt - This is a internet forum for gods sake - Now grow the fuck up and behave like a fifty something man should behave
                Stop spouting your rubbish - No one cares - Really, they dont - Grow a spine
                Its so sad really, Ne let you into her life, (Rather like Otter) to help you.....And like Otter, this is how you repay her - You vile excuse for a human

It makes no sense whatsoever for you two to be on this forum when you have your own.
                The world does not revolve around you mate - I take on board what was said earlier about guest and noobs being turned off by the bickering BUT - Think of those that may follow your advice if no one was there to challenge you - The outcome is not worth considering

Regards

Bacman

Comment

Off to walk my chug (any guesses on breed?}

Chihuahua crossed with a Pug SK?

Comment

Yes.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by Ne/Neva Eva View Post
                      OMG Ne. I'm sorry to hear that his badgering of you has continued to RL. Please keep a copy of that text. You may need it. This is truly unbelievable. It's bad enough the horrible things he posts on your thread, but to threaten you via text message is a new low.

Mom2
                      http://baclofentreatment.com/
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Jesus effing Christ tap dancing on a pogo stick...aihfl over and OUT. What's that line from "As Good as it Gets" about being all stocked up on crazy? Seriously, I've got my own insanity to deal with. I can't deal with it here as well. I just sent my own text to Spirit asking him WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING??!!
                        First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Also, don't text me.
                          I'm sorry he texted you. You can block him on your phone so it won't happen again. That's what I did when his behavior changed.

Comment

You know what? That's kind of easy for you guys to say. I mean, you're not on the receiving end of this bull shit drama. It is ENDLESS. And has been for years. So yes, I've responded.
                            That was not a fair statement. Those of us who read and post regularly in the meds threads have been putting up with the harassment and disparagement, as well as the nonsensical or completely irrational posts from Spiritfree/Spiritwolf333 for years. Not to mention the blatant disregard for the truth, and outright lies he has posted. So it's clearly not just me, obviously, and I shouldn't have made it seem so.

It just plucks my every last nerve when people who don't read or post here regularly weigh in on what goes on here. I mean, does anyone really believe that ANY of us (other than Spiritfree) enjoys this? If you do, you're wrong.

We hate it. Every single one of us. But if someone came onto your threads, in your area of the forum, and posted mean, malicious lies, would you put up with it? Hell no.

And what about if they posted things that were just wrong? I mean, just plain misinformation. Like the fact that Spiritfree just posted a bunch of information about nurses being more likely to have alcoholism, based on outdated and incorrect information? And then Terryk (thank goodness) took the time to find the real information, based on real research, that showed just the opposite? Do you think Terryk had the time or interest in proving the fact that Spiritfree posts things that are lies or misinformation? Absolutely not. But should we just let Spiritfree post these lies? Should we? I am honestly asking. Would you???

Comment

Originally posted by kronkcarr View Post
                              I know what you're saying but does anything you post in reference to him change anything?
                              You're right. The answer is no.

Originally posted by _serenity_ View Post
                              Has he not proven to the forum, time and time again, that he is a drunken illogical narcissist? Please don't feed the troll. Love you guys <3
                              Agreed. Sort of. It's just very, very hard. Especially when his posts target me, or someone I care about. It's actually easier to ignore when he posts malicious stuff about me, because I honestly and truly don't care what he says about me. Seriously, Spirit, you can stop, because I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU SAY, THINK OR FEEL ABOUT ME.

Originally posted by aihfl View Post
                              ...I have come to genuinely value the friendship with several of the regulars here (shout out to Ne and Kronk in particular), but if I were brand new to MWO, I would run, not walk away from this forum because of all the negativity, name calling and general lack of tolerance for the prevailing zeitgeist.
                              Then there is the lack of tolerance for those of us who believe in support groups.
                              ... my therapist (whose practice is in the same office as my psychiatrist, which is great) as equally as the medications.
                              I'll just finish by saying I believe that modern medicine has a place in the treatment of alcoholism and addiction, but I generally avoid this forum.
                              Alky, I hear you. And it's one of the main reasons we started a new forum. Not JUST because this place is not moderated, but because there is so much intolerance. If you spend ANY time at all looking at the new forum, reading our mission statement, our goals, our posts, you will see that the PRIMARY PURPOSE is that people be able and allowed to share their experiences, all of them, and find new sources of information, about how to END ADDICTION.
                              You're using lots of approaches. I get it. So am I. So are many of us. Limiting it to one *anything* is counterproductive.

What's more, there is sound research that PROVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT PEER SUPPORT IS A PRIMARY TREATMENT FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOR. We have not been able to offer that peer support, or get it, in the meds threads for a long time.

You know me. Do you really think I like this? Do you really think I wanted to start the process to a new forum and leave MWO?

Originally posted by lex View Post
                              aihfl- this is so true and so very important. I hope this forum can get stronger and more supportive of all folks who wish to change their drinking behavior, whether it be to achieve moderation or abstinence:

Surely there is room here for all of the above.
                              HOW? Do you really believe that we adhere to intolerance of the things you listed? Let me tell you something, then. The same people who participate here on the meds threads of MyWayOut.org created an entirely new site in order to OFFER SUPPORT OF ALL OF THE WAYS TO END ADDICTION. We spent our own money, our own time, to create the rules that EXPLICITLY say that there will be no intolerance allowed. None.

This disease is too pernicious, too dangerous and deadly, for us to play games about this. There are MANY routes to end addiction. We NEED a place that supports them ALL. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case on MWO for years.

So please, while I appreciate your opinions about this, if you want to make REAL CHANGE here on MWO, you can participate by being positive in the meds threads. By offering us real support, instead of judgment, when we MUST correct his lies and misinformation.

Thank you for your time. And please join us at http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/ if and when you have time to participate in both places. You may find it refreshing to see the very same people you are blaming here, for ruining MWO, working very hard to make sure that we don't create the same mistakes that have been made here and led to this unhelpful, unsupportive chaos.

Comment

Sorry for the long posts and the shouting. I'm beyond frustrated and angry. You would be, and maybe should be, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X