• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

ne,
      wow. nursing school. nicely done. you are now appointed my MWO hero.:goodjob:
      you are seriously kickin' ass.
      how is your switch treating you? sorry if I missed this but are you truly indifferent?
      grat.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Okay, I am awake now. But I still feel lazy. :ranger
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Oh Ne. You are the picture I have of indifferance. When getting drunk, recovering from getting drunk, planning the next drunk.......when all that stops. When life actually moves on, and you start doing everything you ever wanted to do, but the crutch of the booze was holding you back. Congrats my friend on nursing school, and of course convincing your hubby to TTDPs.

I'm glad we have discussed the issues for women. I think it's very important. I'm not so sure that it's just the med, I wonder if a lot of psychosocial stuff plays a part as well. If we could do in depth interviews of all the women who gave up, I think we would find that the SE's were difficult to manage with their lives and responsibilities. I don't think discussing it will cause women to not try it. Just the opposite. They will be prepared for a rocky road, and may make any lifestyle adjustments they can control.

I am hell bent and determined now to be one of the premenopausal women who gets listed as a success story. I was always determined, but it makes want to do this even more. You know I always like to say there are power in numbers. Plus, I have a competitive streak. I'm in competition with the SE's and the beast. And I am going to win!

Thanks my dear for always keeping this interesting. :l
            This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Congrats Karen, for the progress, you sound like you've grabbed back your power and are taking it on the road. Nursing school, good for you! My sister and cousin are nurses, and they know all sorts of stuff. It's amazing how much two years of nursing school can teach you. These life changes will make all the difference in remaining AF for you, in my opinion. Change will do you good, do you hear the song in your head? That's a big part of the AF lifestyle after AL despair. Zenstyle said some very profound things, (way back there before all that stuff you and L0op were talking about which is lost on me too, bleep). For those of us who can't hit a "switch", but we do get sober, and even for those who hit the switch: Something got you doing self damage, and the more years you spent at it, the more time you'll have to fill as you find hours in the day coming back to you sans alcohol. Nights and hangover free days with more energy, and no idea what to do with it. Boredom is a big enemy of mine. So CHANGE will do me good...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hi Ne! Had some unexpected free time this afternoon and read a bit in OA's book and also did a little reading here in your story thread. I just got done reading the posts in teh 2/8 - 2/9 time frame. I feel so happy inside for you!!!! I enjoyed reading about the switch for you, and am so glad you have shared your journey here. I know it is helping people and will help people long into the future most likely!!!!!

Ne/Neva Eva;1057516 wrote: I am curious about how other people have approached their doctors, and spread the word about baclofen. I am too new to this sobriety thing, and too nervous to really count myself cured yet, to spread the message. But I'd like that to be a big part of the future in my life. I'd like to start the dialogue with those of you that have had success, and those that have been met with paleolithic stony disapproval.
                  If someone had come to me with this solution a decade ago, I wouldn't have believed them or wanted to find the solution in baclofen I don't think. But if my doctor had suggested it? I'd have taken it without question.

We ALL deserve this. Every single last one of us, here on MWO and out there in the 'real' world.
                  I know that I listen to the advice of people I know and trust. I hope you will get to know and trust the alcoholics out there who could use your help the most. Some of them are here at MWO and many more are all around you at home. I haven't ever swallowed a single pill but I am learning about this because there are alcoholics all around me - and some of them even trust me. I envision a time when someone I know feels they have tried everything to no avail. Then maybe I can hand them a book. I think that is how it will go for you too. Maybe. Take the time to build the trust.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your journal and being more caught up!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Nursing school! That's hella impressive. I'm so glad you're in such a good space. :h :l

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Thanks for suggesting that thread NE. There are so many of them - so good to know that is the one you suggest for education purposes.

I can be a chronic worrier about future events. (Will I fail? What if this doesn't work out? Etc.) Part of that is useless pride dominating my thinking (what will others think about me?) Part of that worrying is just an attempt to take action about something that is outside of my control.

When my own pride gets in my way, I like to remind myself of this saying: "Your opinion of me is none of my business." (I love that one!)

I had my V8 moment about the other part of my "worry" when Mr. Doggy said to me one day: "Worrying is what you do to make yourself believe you are taking action when you aren't." That hit me like a ton of bricks in that particular moment. I also like this one that somebody around here wrote one day. "Worry is like a rocking chair. It will keep you busy but doesn't get you anywhere."

Just thought I'd toss my worry tools out there in case any of it hits home for you too.

Sounds like you are rockin' it already today! Have a good one.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety, but you are marching to whole new drumbeat now. I'm very excited for you, Ne!
                          Ne/Neva Eva;1083515 wrote:
                          Tracy, there may be stuff in there about the apnea/sleep stuff. In researching shrinks, I was amazed to see how many pdocs have a sub-specialty of sleep disorders. (NOT in your head. They are MDs looking for scientific/medicinal solutions, remember.)
                          Well, I'm one of four siblings, and the other three have been on CPAPs for years. Since the two most common treatments for apnea are CPAP and surgery, I'm going to place that one firmly in the "not psychosomatic" category.

I read the account about Saturday night. I'm really sorry. I'd respond but I keep sticking my foot in my mouth so I'm just going to stick to home base for a little while.
                          Me too - I'm doing the foot-in-mouth thing quite frequently. Perhaps it's an SE too! :l

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1083515 wrote: OMG. Went to bed and woke up with all kinds of anxiety and angst. Partly because I wrote my goals down and shared them with the MWO community and the WWW. aaaargh. Nothing can make this woman want to crawl back into the depths of the bottle more than sharing a goal! (what if I fail? what if I just don't try? what if??? What the fuck EVER.)
                            That's pretty bold!! I always want to do that but never do because of those reasons. Way to go!

Ne/Neva Eva;1083515 wrote: Eyes firmly bac on the goal (and thank god for bac, I didn't even crave a drink. I just wanted to be druuuuunk and disappear. ugh.)
                            Lift weights! The heavy ones!

Ne/Neva Eva;1083515 wrote:
                            I spent some time going over the research AGAIN that lo0p compiled and Urban Fool helped to create. (I must meet that person, lo0p. just to shake his/her hand. just sayin)
                            That was Kelly (Urban Fool) and truth be told, she just had a domain that I could host those papers on. She disappeared very quickly, couldn't stomach the SE's and fell off the face of MWO. I do hope she's well but I fear for those links just disappearing some day. Tip had the wonderful idea of me transferring them to a google docs format and I've done a little bit of that even though it wouldn't take me long at all.

What I really want to do is make a one page (in the beginning) website called baclofeninformation.com and just have those links up there. That way instead of bumping that thread all the time we could just say go to baclofeninformation.com or something.

I don't know how to do this, but I do know me and know that if I wanted to I could figure out how. It'd be easier just to have someone tell me though (Otter). I don't want anyone to do it for me though.

The stuff is in need of updating too. I also need to remove a couple of my comments.
                            sigpic

A Forum
                            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Lo0p;1083614 wrote:
                              Tip had the wonderful idea of me transferring them to a google docs format and I've done a little bit of that even though it wouldn't take me long at all.

What I really want to do is make a one page (in the beginning) website called baclofeninformation.com and just have those links up there. That way instead of bumping that thread all the time we could just say go to baclofeninformation.com or something.

I don't know how to do this, but I do know me and know that if I wanted to I could figure out how. It'd be easier just to have someone tell me though (Otter). I don't want anyone to do it for me though.
                              This is a must-do, don't you think?

Maybe we can get just ONE sticky with that website address on it?
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Progress thread for ne

beatle;1083658 wrote: This is a must-do, don't you think?

Maybe we can get just ONE sticky with that website address on it?
                                Yeah I pm'ed Otter. I want to do it though, I just need someone to explain it to me real quick.
                                sigpic

A Forum
                                Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
                                X