Clear All

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Shit Ne, hard luck. The timing sucks, sending off the email, only to receive the next one shortly afterwards. Still, good things are happening to you, maybe this is one of them albeit currently well disguised.

A good test of indifference, passed with flying colours.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I enjoyed reading about the way you are handling life's changes! BRAVO!! Sounds like "Phase Next" has begun. Good for you!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

It does have to be said that you are handling this all extremely well!

Comment

Progress thread for ne

That may be bad news and it might not Ne. That job was part of the whole active alcoholic you.Its maybe all tied in together in your mind. A new start might reinforce the idea that you have changed. The whole that was then-this is now idea.Im in the process of redecorating my house because of the same thing. I don't want to look at the same cushions/curtains/pictures/ornaments I looked at when I was drinking. It actually helps me to draw a line under it. I would love to sell up and change jobs but thats not possible.If you are able to keep the pennies coming in from your part time jobs then this might not be the end of the world.It wont affect your ability to buy Baclofen will it?
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne/Neva Eva;1084683 wrote:

It is going to affect my ability to buy Starbux and expensive shoes. Which is very, very, very sad.
                    Poor possums!:H:H:H

Thats ok then. Very very sad yes but not a medical emergency I m glad to hear.
                    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

gotta say, not thinking of the wine aisle until the next day is absolutely fucking unbelievable. that is worth any job in my opinion. onward. grat.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Good for you Eva, I agree that it's good for you to be out of a place where you had a definite pattern for the day when you went to work, came home, etc. I mean, it can't hurt.

You'd be surprised how much money you'd save skipping Starsucks. I think that place is great on occasion, like when you want to hang out somewhere with a friend but not have a meal. But it's a monumental ripoff of the American paycheck for $4.00 coffee drinks. I think it will become part of history, this phenomenon.

I saved my Starsucks money and just got two beautiful new toilets.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ne, in your current avatar, are you the chick in the bubble, the one walking, or the dog?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

What is a beautiful toilet? and and another

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Progress thread for ne

This is so inspiring, Ne. Really. Truly, deeply inspiring.

As in . . . life is what it is and always will be. YOU are okay in the face of that, which actually never stops and never will (why we think it ever would and long for it and expect it to all be okay is completely out of touch with . . . reality, whatever THAT is:H). Actually, I'll keep digressing and share some wisdom from a man who was a long-time NA'er who had a lot of wisdom . . . Stress is equal to the difference between reality and expectations.

Sounds to me as if you are not only not drinking, you are standing on a foundation of deep sobriety. Just meeting life as it comes. Woo-fuckin'-hoo for you! Now there's room for something better to happen!! Congratulations.
                                "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
                                X