Clear All

Progress thread for ne

Quote "Ed is still drinking"

So is Joe..........oh the trials !

Love ya Ne x

Woo Hoo xx

Comment

Progress thread for ne

The chap was far from toothless from what I read - that was the problem. Well, that, and his classy chatter...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hi Ne. Sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep last night! Hope you have a good day today. I thought Red was running off with the dude to Costa Rica??

I'm trying to imagine what it would be like trying to figure out whether certain moods are just "naturally occuring" ups and downs or whether related to bac. Without meds it was strange at first dealing with normal mood swings. Every instinct in me was to "fix it" with booze. Over time I am learning to just go with the flow of the natural ups and downs. Exercise really makes a difference too for me.

Hope you have a good day!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hello Ne

Really happy to hear you're doing well and feeling more grounded as you tapered down a little. We all have to find what's really best for us.

Ne/Neva Eva;1099325 wrote: The good news is that I'm down to 160mg/day and craving hasn't returned. I had the experience yesterday of feeling fully present all day long. That was wonderful, if a bit disconcerting!

AA is a conundrum, honestly. It's a little disingenous to go to meetings when I can't even take the first step. I am not "powerless over alcohol." That said, I don't know that there is any reason to avoid them. I have something to offer to those who suffer from this disease, that they have never heard of and will never hear of if I don't go to meetings and participate. I also glean a lot from the meetings. The last one I went to was about rigourous (not brutal) honesty and dealing with fear. I don't know anyone who can't use a little soul-searching in that area.
            I don't think it's disingenous to go to AA meetings while on bac. Many AA members keep on taking meds, whether it be ad or neurolepetic, diazepram...what's the difference with bac?
            As a matter of fact the current French AA director, Dr Emanuel Palomino, has officially reckoned he has prescribed bac to some 30 patients.
            Take care,
            Love,
            Florie

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Florie, I'm glad you shared that about AA in France. Some of the people I see regularly at my local meetings are very pro "whatever works" as far as extra support from meds. That's why I know if a bac'er ever walks into one of my home group meetings they will get support I believe. (assuming abstinence is the goal - a desire to drink moderately is something I have never seen be supported in my home groups). Very interesting about Step 1 and bac.

The speaker at an AA banquet I attended last weekend is a physician. He is in his 70's now and sober over 30 years. AL + Amphetamines nearly took him down. He has since done a lot of work to help other physicians who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol and has also founded a program in his home town to help street people detox and have a real chance at sobriety. I wanted to ask him about bac when I "shook his hand" but there was really no time with so many people, etc. I was able to discover that he is aware of alcoholism treatment with high dose bac. All he was able to say before we had to move on was "it's scary." I have no idea what he meant by that.

Ne/Neva Eva;1100199 wrote: (and I wasn't struck by lightening in church. huh.)
                Wow. Maybe I'll have to try it sometime.

I'm just doin' today too.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Ladies & chaps, just catching up here and glad to hear the Brazilian boy is getting the mileage due. How does one upload a photo here? I tried cutting and pasting the horse-toothed German dude, but couldn't work it out. DG, there shouldn't be any war in your mind, BB is the one to vote for, the German to smote, for all the reasons bleep mentioned. Hey bleep, aren't you fighting off lions, tigers and bares? Thought you'd be disconnected by now.

EDIT: Image should show YET IT DOESN'T. EFFfffftt.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

I will try to post the teeth on my thread for all to be glad they avoided being kissed by them (and me too!). Imagine what was living between those gopher mounds, sheesh.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

x

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Seriously, girl, why those healthcare systems don't take care of teeth is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                                X