Progress thread for ne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread for ne

ignominous;1035291 wrote: That's the first time I've been called "Ace". So you get brushed with some originality. Keeping up the drama theme is quite ingenious, we're in some macho B-movie now I suppose.

Just to reiterate, though I'm sure, to someone with your philosophical bent you'll be inclined to disagree, there are many anecdotal guidelines to be found in this forum. Maybe its the English language you have trouble with.
    English language indeed - your originality matches mine.

Are you seriously advocating using anecdotes from MWO as a guideline to using a drug off-label, and in off-the-chart doses? I repeat, this is all uncharted territory.

I am not pessimistic about BAC. In fact, I agree that at a high enough dose, it will work for everyone. See my previous tumor irradiation analogy.

In the end, we can only depend on large-scale clinical studies. They don't have to be double-blind, since the SE are severe and frequent enough to tip off the researchers. Are there any studies done or underway with BAC > 80 mg/day? No.

And you are correct: these forums are really for cheerleading, so carry on, Ace.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

"In the end, we can only depend on large-scale clinical studies."

Ha ha! I'm waiting for Halley's comet to come swinging by as well.

It's unfortunate that people have to do this by themselves. It's unfortunate that the medical community is doing such a good job of ignoring baclofen. Something to do with the 40-odd "cures' that the big pharma companies are working on at the moment, maybe, at great expense? There's no money to make out of baclofen - that's why it's not being advertised on TV right now...

The fact is that baclofen has given me my life back. If I'd delayed trying it I'd be another zillion bottles closer to the abyss. No-one ever overdosed on baclofen, so it is disingenuous to compare it to high dose radiation. Sure. There maybe hidden risks, but how bad can they be compared to the glaring and obvious risks involved in crushing your soul every night with alcohol?!

Anyone who waits for large scale clinical studies is wasting their time, cos they ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

37degrees;1035315 wrote: English language indeed - your originality matches mine.

Are you seriously advocating using anecdotes from MWO as a guideline to using a drug off-label, and in off-the-chart doses? I repeat, this is all uncharted territory.
        Currently they are the only guideline available to me, so I am using them. Quite happily, too. I'm grateful that they exist. Knowing someone has gone before you can be quite soothing.

They are also a lot more fun to read than clinical studies!
        Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Oh! OoooOOooh!

Sometimes I really have to work at it, and it doesn't always come easily, but I always feel a deep sense of satisfaction when I can squeeze out a dollup.
          Ohhhh, lotion.

And yes, that was my "O" face. :nutso:
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

"Are you seriously advocating using anecdotes from MWO as a guideline to using a drug off-label, and in off-the-chart doses? I repeat, this is all uncharted territory. "

Ah. You've hit the nail on the head. Along with what we can glean from OA et al.
            Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Progress thread for ne

OK Loop you've got the part. Ha

Is this a family forum?
              Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Progress thread for ne

So much for the last word. Damn time zones.

Can we find another thread to hijack? Debates over semantics are fun and all. And I really like a good confrontation, with a blow by blow about why we're nuts, who is nuttier and who is the smartest/toughest/most wounded, whatever. But I rather like the vibe in this thread. For all that I'm rather tired of me, atm. That won't last.

Fletch, you can drive, sister. Don't be derailed. Hope your work week didn't start out with the bang that mine did, though I know it wasn't fun. Booze sucks. :upset:
                New-ish people, there are a couple of places to avoid wading in because of previous history. Keep it in mind.

Um, yes, Lo0p you would. You might be too smart, though. You think you could dumb it down a little for the role?
                and um... lotion is again creepy (thanks, Is.) I hesitate to throw out other options because well... I'm going to try to keep myself at PG-13 here at MWO. I do hate it when it's... nope, can't do it. Not even to make fun of myself.
                I was hoping that you were going to come out and flirt sometime soon. and :l

Comment

Progress thread for ne

One more thought then I'm walking with dog.

I took notes as best I could type the last time I talked to the good doctor. This is what I wrote, that he said toward the end of our conversation:
                  Your body will become what it was before AL. You will just keep getting smarter and smarter. And nicer and more sweet.

Ha! I kid you not. (Does he have some insight into the fact that I could use improvement in these areas? How come he didn't include financially stable and twenty years younger?)

It brought to my mind Flowers for Algernon. But hey, I’ll take the brief brilliance and subsequent burn out rather than the long, slow, tragic consequence of drinking myself into bed every night. Still, that's a rather sobering thought, isn't it?

Comment

Progress thread for ne

neva eva;1035395 wrote:
                    Um, yes, Lo0p you would. You might be too smart, though. You think you could dumb it down a little for the role?

When I'm amongst my target market, the things I say sound dumb.

neva eva;1035423 wrote:

Your body will become what it was before AL. You will just keep getting smarter and smarter. And nicer and more sweet.
                    He nailed it. It isn't brief though, it just keeps getting better and better.
                    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                    :what?:
                    sigpic
                    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                    A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Dr. L. He is sooo nice! Lo0p....I've managed to lose weight on Bac because it's not only eliminated my drinking issue....it works on my sweet tooth, too.....maybe someday I'll have 12-pack Abs like yours (hahahaahah, I'll keep fantasizing) :H

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Aww 37, you trying to roach my Bac buzz? Ain't gonna happen.

Rusty, I have sorta gotten used to my 32 oz. tall boy ab (note the singular). Have not had the weight loss yet. But who knows, maybe I'll get to two 16 oz abs soon :H
                        Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Missed all the good stuff after I went to sleep, err passed out! Will have to try and stay up later!

What should we name our soap opera?
                          "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Rusty;1035561 wrote: Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Dr. L. He is sooo nice! Lo0p....I've managed to lose weight on Bac because it's not only eliminated my drinking issue....it works on my sweet tooth, too.....maybe someday I'll have 12-pack Abs like yours (hahahaahah, I'll keep fantasizing) :H
                            Same here Rusty!! I pretty much abhor sweets now. Out of all the Christmas cookies floating around at my house (including the ones I made), I ate less than 5 over the whole holiday season. That's not even one of each kind. And one I ate only to make sure it was done enough (and only half of it at that... which kinda sucks, cuz I really LOVED this kind last year!). One or two I was like, yeah this is ok, but I'm not really enjoying it, and the others were just entirely too sweet, but I was required to provide feedback, lol! :H Never thought I would face this particular problem!

Going to avoid all of the drama going around. I'll just say that I'm glad to have bac in my life!

Nev, we would've given you sympathy for your earlier ordeal, but this isn't the General Discussion forum.
                            Ooooh, too much?? Oh well, I couldn't help myself.

Lo0p, thanks for stopping by to flirt! That was the lift this thread needed just now!

I think Dr. L may be right (regardless of what he may have been insinuating about your current situation nev!). I do feel that I'm getting back to what I was before AL, and getting better all the time. There have been so many big changes in my life recently though, that I don't know if I could say that it's all due to bac. But bac definitely played a part in it, a big one!
                            Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                            ~Clutch

Comment

Progress thread for ne

How one can tolerate SE ? what toleration means? If I am at work and at a meeting, and can't think clearly , do I tolerate by still staying at the meeting? Is tolerance to SE means to experience all bad symptoms like hungover or worse , but continue with BAC anyway? Is there an enlightening moment , when the "switch" occurs, then SE are not a problem anymore?
                              I am just starting on BAC (5mg a day) but if my SE will get worse , may be it not a right way? Will I be able to continue to work ?
                              So many questions. I am just panicking now...Sorry

Comment

Progress thread for ne

Arbat,

What kind of SEs are you having? Are you still drinking because 5 mg. is a VERY low dosage....you really shouldn't feel any side effects at that dosage, but if you're still drinking you might.

It also might be that the Bac is fighting with other meds that you're on. Dr. Levin told me that if I plan to start a new medication for another ailment, that I go to epocrates.com and make sure that the Bac can co-exist with the new meds.

Comment

Working...
                                X