Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do you have to stay on topomax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I had no idea that getting off topamax abruptly may throw you into a sezure. No wonder I felt horrible when I was off of it for three days!

Comment

Withdrawal from alcohol will do that and worse to a person.

I've decided it's worth the risk. It was going so well that I had to screw it up - lol. No big deal, just got a little ambitious titrating up and the sleepies are hitting me today. Unregistered's comments were interesting because the metallic taste is a constant companion. Taste buds are out of whack - had a spinach salad for breakfast. No liquid tastes quite right, not even coffee or tap water, only bottled water seems normal. This is what it would taste like to have your tongue bronzed.

But it is a vast improvement to the flavor of a hangover.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

topa supplier

Hi Imagine, I got the topa from MedsMex.com and when I got it, it had a note on it from the customs, they had checked the package and let it pass through anyway. I know alot of people have benefitted greatly from topamax, and I could too, I'm sure, but just haven't been brave enough to go to a doctor and come clean, and haven't bought anymore topa. I should, the answer may be right there, has been for so many here. The seizure thing is scarey too, from stopping the topa. Best to you and everyone, Suz:h
        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hello everyone! I was the unregisted person, but am now under Mickey. I have been on topamax a very long time. (3 years) I tryed to get off it last week and everything went to crap including my taste. well, I am back on it now, but just 200mg a day instead of 400. I really think you should not be worried about taking topamax, exspecially if you will greatly benefit from it. when you decide to quit taking it you will just have to slowly cut down your dose weekly until you are off -- of course you should also be advised by your doctor the proper way to do this. I wish you all luck! Mic

Comment

I am curious....I have just started taking topa, have been on the vitas for 2 weeks and am very dehydratrated. Any idea what is causing it or what to do about it besides driking a ton of water?? Thanks a bunch and happy thanks giving!!

Comment

well for some reason (unknown to me) Topamax can make you very thristy all the time and I have the same problem. it helps if you drink water instead of sodas and coffee. i find myself going through 1 bottle of water a night. Not bad -- it used to be 2-3. I am pretty used to it now. I have heard some people say that since they started Topamax they have stopped sweating near as much, so that might have something to do with it. I would figure though the more you sweat the more you would want to drink? Maybe since your body is not sweating as much your are not noticing how much energy your actually burning. I am not sure because I never noticed the sweating thing. The best thing I can tell you is hang in there and give your body some time to adjust to the medicince. Happy Thanksgiving! --Mic

Comment

Working...
              X