Doctors that prescribe baclofen for addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt appear that Dr Chick in scotland can be found at the links that are posted in this thread anymore!

Anyone know how he can be contacted now?

Mickey

Comment

Does anyone know if Doctor L. is prescribing again? I am 16 days into taking baclofen and it's working wonders so far. I would really like to get a legit script as the mail order thing is getting expensive (though admittedly cheaper than drinking).

Comment

Dr. Levin is no longer in the loop. Sorry.

Sam

Comment

Doctor List

bleep;1072595 wrote: So, to summarise, we have doctors in:

Chicago
          Scotland
          Texas
          Zimbabwe
          California

A woefully short list, hopefully we can grow it a little...
          Any online Doctors? or Phone Consult Doctors?

Comment

baclofen in orlando?

Does anyone know of a doctor who will prescribe baclofen in orlando or the central Florida area?

Comment

karens;1691312 wrote: Does anyone know of a doctor who will prescribe baclofen in orlando or the central Florida area?
              Karen,co will bump up a thread for you. I'm not sure about FL doctors being in the mix. Try searching the websites good luck.

Maybe someone will help you.

Sam

Comment

Dosage0;1270037 wrote: still looking for a Doc in the LA area. Anywhere in California? Haha... this state is filled with hippy dippy types, I can't imagine there isn't one doctor around that is trying this route.
                I, also, live in the Los Angeles area. Any luck?

Comment

Hi, rested. I don't know for sure that Dosage0 found a doctor, but I think he did. I DO know for sure that there are doctors who prescribe high dose baclofen in LA and Southern California. My suggestion, as difficult as this may be, is to google and call some psychiatrists in your area. Call and tell them you're interested in taking baclofen for your alcoholism/addiction and ask if they use that. It shouldn't take long to find someone and it should also be pretty easy to get an answer before you go to the trouble of an intake appointment. (God, how I hate those onerous and extremely expensive appointments. I can't wait until we figure out a better way to do this treatment thing.)

Anyway, I figure you are probably pretty skeptical, especially if you've read some of the threads around here lamenting treatment from doctors. But I really do KNOW that there are docs all over Cali who are using this medication, I just don't know their names.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Comment

I have been seeing a psychiatrist in New York. PM for more details.

Comment

karens;n2361237 wrote: baclofen in orlando?

Does anyone know of a doctor who will prescribe baclofen in orlando or the central Florida area?
                      Karens, I live in Central Florida. Send me a personal message. I can give you the name and number of the addiction MD I see at the treatment center where I've been receiving intensive outpatient therapy.
                      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Docs in Seattle?

Hello everyone,

I'm moving to Seattle pretty soon. Does anyone know of doctors prescribing baclofen in the Pacific Northwest?

Thanks!

L

Comment

For the last year, I've been seeing a doctor in downtown Chicago who prescribes high-dose baclofen. He is a colleague of Dr L. You have to see him in person. Message me for details if you want more information.

Comment

Bump
                            TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

I'm new to this forum, but I am wondering if anyone knows any doctors prescribing baclofen in the Mid-Atlantic US? Specifically I'm in Baltimore, MD.

Much thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by xiaomao View Post
                                I'm new to this forum, but I am wondering if anyone knows any doctors prescribing baclofen in the Mid-Atlantic US? Specifically I'm in Baltimore, MD.

Much thanks!

Hi, xiao.

I know through word of mouth that psychiatrists are using baclofen in Baltimore. I'm sorry that I don't have specifics for you, but I think if you call a psychiatrist with a specialization in addiction, you'll find baclofen.

Comment

Working...
                                X