Doctors that prescribe baclofen for addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sent ya' an email/PM. Sorry it took so long!

Comment

PbarE;1082750 wrote: I just talked to a buddy of mine in Dallas. He found a doctor there that will follow the high dose baclofen protocol. I have the name, and you can PM me for the info.
      New poster here, glad to find this forum via Baclofen search. I'm finishing a 60-day inpatient rehab next week, and am looking for a psychiatrist in the Dallas area. Naltrexone was a fail for me, after 2 weeks of attempting with continuing negative side effects (albeit positive craving suppression). I just began a Campral trial, but am hoping for a Baclofen opportunity when I get back to Dallas.

If anyone could let me know of a physician willing to prescribe High-dosage Baclofen, I would be grateful for the info.

Comment

Resdog,

Nobody doing it in the **** area to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

If you are in the UK, the best way forward is to contact Dr. Jonathan Chick. He will prescribe/treat you or he will speak/write to your GP and, on that basis, your GP will then "have to prescribe" since Dr. Chick is the pre-eminent authority on baclofen and alcoholism in the UK.

Were your doctor to refuse to prescribe, having been advised to prescribe by Dr. Chick you would have a complaint against your GP.
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Would I have to go to Edinburgh to see him do you know

Comment

agassizii;1319913 wrote: Resdog,

Nobody doing it in the metroplex to the best of my knowledge. Let me know if you find someone. There is a doc in Austin apparently who works with bac. Send me a pm if you are interested in his name. The option I'm using now is the Chicago doc.
              thanks much. Will PM for info for Chicago and Austin docs.

If anyone else comes across a DFW physician for HD Baclofen for addiction, I would appreciate the info.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

I think if you can just show results from the Bac you might get some doctors you once went to, to get on board.
                  Just guessing. That's my plan anyways.

Comment

The Physician's Desk Reference lists 80 mg/day as the upper limit for bac, and that's the ceiling I'm running into with doctors in the Los Angeles area. But hey, it's a start.

Also, I have at least one lead for a doc in LA who has prescribed 80--so if anyone's interested PM me and I'll send his contact info along.

Comment

anybody know of doctors in the central florida area that prescribe bac.? thanks!

Comment

you can't order it on line here???
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Anybody know of doctors in the Houston area that prescribe baclofen? Please! Much appreciated...

Comment

resdog1217;1321168 wrote: thanks much. Will PM for info for Chicago and Austin docs.

If anyone else comes across a DFW physician for HD Baclofen for addiction, I would appreciate the info.
                            Or in the Houston Area? :thanks:

Comment

Bump

Comment

Do you think he would take an appointment from someone in the Bay Area

Comment

Working...
                                X