i had a bac through.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had a bac through.....

My son had a cub scout outing today for 2 hours...I normally would have dropped him off...let the other parents watch him so I could go home and drink...and come back and pick him up drunk...I STAYED....I did not have a drink until after 3 when I would have started at 11...woohooo for me!!!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

i had a bac through.....

hey taw!
    good for you. something you said in another post, about having blackouts with your son in the house strung a chord for me. i was having lots of those with my four year old. ouch. guilt, shame, remorse. and i'm still not divorced, so much to lose. hubby could so go at me for my drinking, but i hid it very well (i think). (tho my son once asked me,'mommy, why do you keep asking me what happened?' double ouch.)

anyway, i'm on day 7 AF and hoping not to face cravings. (so far, so good; none too strong to conquer.)
    but i know the chance of stronger, more bestial cravings is very real, so you're giving me an idea...
    maybe i should get my hands on somma that bac.

GOOD FOR YOU FOR STAYING, and STAYING SOBER> HOORAY!
    rudyb

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Rudy I wish you all the best....we are all on this roller coaster together....best wishes...join the ride...
      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

i had a bac through.....

sorry all distraccted by game tonite...NYJ must beat Ind...Please....

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Taw!

Exactly the kind of bac-throughs you should experience. I used to drop my little one at her mother's on sunday's early evening. I always made sure to be back before the grocery store would close. I'd get as much beer as I could and be totally pissed within half an hour. Fast, fast, fast drinking. Each and sunday the same routine. And suddenly, it was just like you described....You'll have those little miracles more often and often. Untill you don't even recognize them. Because that's, maybe regretfully, the thing with good things, you forget you have 'm. Strange enough we taking the pills to reach that point, reg. alcohol.
          Way to go, I hope this motivates you!!
          Low

Comment

i had a bac through.....

taw. woohoo indeed!
            I had a late start and a light night, too. It's pretty unreal, actually.
            Is that baseball or football or what? :H
            xo

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Good to hear taw, hopefully the first of many!
              Having hit the switch, I now post under the username "bleep". Look forward to seeing you on the other side...

Comment

i had a bac through.....

So now I am panicking...If I have to go up to 200,300,400 mg a day...how am I going to afford it? I know I could always fing $$ for wine, but after a while I even down graded to the cheap stuff so I could afford it...

I weigh 125 lbs so based on theory where "should" I hit my switch?

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Hm, that's a tricky one, taw. It's unfair, but at the moment a functioning credit card appears to be an absolute prerequisite for getting baclofen. Maybe once you've established that baclofen helps you, you can approach a doctor, state your case, and get a prescription? Wouldn't that make things cheaper?

Comment

i had a bac through.....

My insurance no longer covers any mental health or substance abuse doctors or meds...that is why I can't go see Dr. L...I cannot afford and appt. and meds...that's why I have been ordering from goldpharma...and I get my prozac from easymd...I will just have to find a way....maybe finally go after my ex husband for child support!

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Well this doctor L sounds like such a charmer, maybe you should call him and ask him for advice? The worst thing he can do is say "I'm ain't saying nuttin' till I see some benjamins..."

Fingers crossed you don't need too much baclofen in the first place. As I'm sure I've mentioned I became more or less indifferent at 75 mgs. Though I think that's some kind of freakish record, most need more (though 400 seems also to be freakish. no offence to any 400ers who may be reading.)

Comment

i had a bac through.....

I did talk to Dr. L and since I live so close to him he wants me to come in for an appointment...I am getting ahead of myself worries I might not even encounter! Just hope I am on the freakisly low side!!
                        Already 11:15 and haven't had a drink yet.....

Thanks all! IF the time comes that it becomes an issue...I will find a solution!

Comment

i had a bac through.....

taw;1038503 wrote: So now I am panicking...If I have to go up to 200,300,400 mg a day...how am I going to afford it? I know I could always fing $$ for wine, but after a while I even down graded to the cheap stuff so I could afford it...
                          If you buy Baclofen at 25mg, in 100 tablet bottles, from AWD Pharma, Neuraxpharm or Allud Pharma at the maximum amount per prescription of 10 bottles, it will cost you about US$8-9 a day for 400mg. I don't know how cheap you were managing to find your alcohol but was it much more than that? And you aren't likely to be at such a high dosage indefinitely.

Comment

i had a bac through.....

Thanks Ally...u are right...if I do have to go that high it won't be forever!

Comment

i had a bac through.....

It is after 2pm...watching football...son at his dad's for a few hours and NO AL!!! normally would have started at 10 or 11 am! poured a glass and it has been sitting here untouched for an hour!

Comment

Working...
                              X