Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here and starting baclofen on Tuesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No script for me tonight. My pharmacist called the office and the cell phone. I also called the cell, begging for a call in. This is insane. I never ask anyone for help and I can't believe how hard I'm trying to do this right. The truth is, I could dose this out, and probably should have ordered over seas. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Good news, Walgreens faxed Dr. L, and the prescription was ready this morning at 8:30! Yeah!

Comment

I think I'm going to have to resort to Dr. L. Anyone know if he's willing to say reason for bac RX is something other than addiction? I don't want that on my health record for insurance reasons.

Comment

Bruun--I'm pretty sure he just bills his time as "psychotherapy," not addiction. You can ask him to leave out addiction and/or alcoholism when you call him.

Comment

Awesome Sassy! Mine was called in today too. I was shocked at the price. It was a $190 something. Was yours that much? I still have to meet my deductible so most will be out of pocket-yikes. I guess in the whole scheme of things, it is a small price to pay. My wine costs me a ton of money and of course my health.

Yes, I believe he does bill as psychotherapy so it will not show up as addiction on your insurance record. I had the same concerns and was even worried about the baclofen going on my prescription record. Unlike antabuse or campral it is also be used as an antianxiety med. That will be my story if I ever get asked why I'm on it.

Soon, I will post a new thread which will be my personal experience. Happy thoughts everyone

Comment

He bills for psychotherapy and prescribes bac for anxiety and depression, at least in my case. (I would assume that to be true for others, too.)
              Yay to you both!
              That seems like an AWFUL lot, redhead. 2000mg cost me $75 out of pocket. (I'll have to double check to be sure) It's generic. period. There is no brand that's not generic. Teva is generic, ftr. I insist on that because I'm a neurotic nelly. Apparently there is no need, though! ladies. Very excited for you both.
              Cheers! (ha)
              K
              Bruun, I'm about to pm you. xo sister.

Comment

Congrats Neva on your success. I haven't posted much in your thread because I've been trying like hell to cope with my incessant anxiety and need for this script. I took my first dose tonight :H

He prescribed me 300 tabs at 20mg and it just says Baclofen. I kind of expected Lioseral or something. Anyway, I guess that's 6000mg technically so maybe that's why it's so expensive? Don't know. Just grateful to be here with all you wonderful people and beginning.

I'm not drinking tonight and am going to try like hell to do this AF or with very little boozing. I am scared of the side effects if I drink. I made a pact with myself that I won't drink at least until after Friday when I see him. Seems like a good amount of time to be AF and see how it goes. Now, let's see if I can actually do it.

Is it my imagination or is this baclofen forum getting busy? It seems that more and more people are speaking up.

Comment

redhead77;1056674 wrote:
                  Is it my imagination or is this baclofen forum getting busy? It seems that more and more people are speaking up.
                  There is definitely an increase in the number of people creeping in, I think. Can't help but be good news!

Good luck Red, hope your ride is smooth and pleasant. Your whole life is about to change.

Comment

redhead--ask him to prescribe the 10mg tablets next time. Join Walgreens' "generics club" (it costs $20 to join). The 10mg tablets are covered under their generics club. The last time I went in, I got a prescription for 336 10mg tablets, and it cost just under $15. It's SERIOUSLY worth it.

Comment

Hiya, again!
                      Just fyi, ALL baclofen is generic. There is no such thing as non-generic baclofen. So any pill and any brand falls into Walgreens generic program (mine is 20mg/tabs for obvious reasons. :H) and I have insisted on Teva up until this point (which was pointless it turns out.) Of course i was under the impression that was just more expensive, but nope. I asked the last time I was there, joined the club and saved oh, $50/US in that one visit. Would've saved more than $200 if I'd joined when I'd started. And half that much if I'd followed up after Serenity posted about the savings club.
                      FTR, almost all US pharmacies offer a savings club, Walmart (grrrr) being the least expensive, of course. (the bastards, but that's just me being Ne! lol) And to be clear, the good doc has no issue with any brand, make or model. As long as you're taking bac, and keep taking bac until it works, then it WILL work. From here or there or anywhere!
                      peace out!
                      Ne

Comment

I love you guys!! Can't wait to start titrating up...reading your stories, sharing our experiences, even about pharmacies and such, makes me feel like I have friends! I haven't picked up my prescrip yet, and I don't think Walgreens has my insurance info, so I'll have to see what the $$ is..

Comment

That does seem like an awfully high amount - is that with insurance? Baclofen was insanely cheap on my insurance - $20 for a 3 month supply of 160mgs a day.
                          Maybe that was just because they couldn't figure out what to charge me. Until it was actually processed and sent to me, the Baclofen had a $? next to it in the status!

Either way, it's worth it. The hundreds of dollars that I initially spent to order this stuff from overseas to get to Switch #1 was worth it.
                          Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                          ~Clutch

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                            X