Let's meet in Chicago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's meet in Chicago!

I would like to meet you. All of you. And raise a glass to Dr. Ameisen. And to each other.
    I envision that the event will be loud and boisterous and full of laughter and joy.

I think some of us might still be suffering, too. And we'll be able to listen fully and without an agenda to those people, too.

I would like to go to Chicago. It seems appropriate. There are also cheap flights, it's among the busiest airports in the country, after all.

I think maybe Labor Day? (September) But I'm open to any and all dates. Please though, I don't like winter weather, and don't own a warm coat.

I'll be there. Come hell or high water. Drinking or not. Bar nothing. I will be there.
    I can't wait!
    Ne/Karen

Let's meet in Chicago!

I'll do it. It's a very cheap flight from here. How fun!:l

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Neva,

What Eastern city do you live in that you don't have to wear a winter coat?

Yup, I agree....let's wait til it's warm and we can go for a walk on Navy Pier and go for a cigarette boat ride. We can pretend like we're the cast on "Sex and the City." Neva, girl, you're definitely Samantha!:H

Neva, I sent you a PM just now.

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Seeking,

What city do you live in? I have enough points earned through Hilton and Holiday Inn to get at least 1 free hotel room for us.

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

I suggest you all get out of your comfort zones and come to South Africa instead
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Tipster,

If I go to South Africa, I would come all by myself because I wouldn't want to share you with anyone! Just ask the Mrs. for permission first.:H:h

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Rusty--I'm in the midwest (don't want to name the particular city because I'm paranoid like that--can pm you if you want). An hours' flight from Chicago, $89 on Southwest. I used to make that trip often back in my more carefree days. If you can get free hotel rooms, all the better! I've always been pretty good at scoring sweet hotel deals on Priceline et al, but free = better!

:h

Also, bac boy: don't tempt me with South Africa. I'm the type of person who would totally take you up on it.

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

South Africa -- I'm good. I've never been to Africa (Nix that, just remembered Egypt is in Africa -- although I think of it as the Middle East. But south, never.)

My grandmother lives in Chicago, though.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Oooh, I like this idea!! I'll have to see how the bank account is doing as it gets closer though. A quick check on Expedia just now shows that flights from S.FL to Chicago ain't cheap!

Nev, were you thinking to maybe drop in Dr. L so you can meet him face to face and so that we can let him know how much what he's doing has helped all of us? How awesome would that be - you could schedule an actual appointment with him and we all show up! Although I think treating him to lunch would be even better, if his schedule allowed!
                  Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                  ~Clutch

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Dammit, beatle. Seriously? I'm going to learn how to skype! sheesh. Maybe tomorrow?

Is, we'll get you a flight. You've got to be there. (need some rocker grrrrlz on your thread, btw)

No, we'll have to work this around Dr. L's schedule. I love you all but I'm not going to Chitown unless there's a guarantee I'll be able to shake his hand. I think it's fair to say that he'll come to lunch. Wouldn't you???
                    I'll contact him on Monday, or maybe some of you with upcoming appointments can see if he's available over Labor Day? Or some other time...

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

COME TO CHICAGO!!! you can bunk with me!!! Labor day is good....weather should be warmer by then!!!
                      "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Sounds like fun, but Labor Day is out for me. :upset: I'll be in Black Rock City for Burningman. nfire: :yay:
                        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                        :what?:
                        sigpic
                        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                        A Forum
                        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Seeking, I totally understand about the anonymity.

Neva, I have Skype. Learn how to Skype, please!

Beatle, this is the perfect time to see your grandma.

Isolde, Dr. L. probably wouldn't be available for lunch, but maybe he would be delighted if we all scheduled an appointment?

LoOp, ok, you can meet us in Chicago if you promise to come shirtless.
                          What is Black Rock City? If you do come to the meet-up, you will be Mr. Big on Sex and the City. Neva is Samantha, Is is Carrie, Seeking is Miranda, and I'm Charlotte. Maybe Bleep can be Charlotte's husband, Harry, and Tip can be Steve, Miranda's husband.

All the women on this thread who want LoOpster to show up sans shirt, raise your hands.

I also think we need Bleep, and my favorite tiger, Tip, Forgive me if I've left anyone out.

Off to the post office....back later.

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Rusty;1058832 wrote: Seeking is Miranda
                            You are completely spot-on with that one. :H

Comment

Let's meet in Chicago!

Rusty;1058832 wrote:
                              Isolde, Dr. L. probably wouldn't be available for lunch, but maybe he would be delighted if we all scheduled an appointment?
                              Whatever works!

Rusty;1058832 wrote:
                              LoOp, ok, you can meet us in Chicago if you promise to come shirtless.
                              What is Black Rock City? If you do come to the meet-up, you will be Mr. Big on Sex and the City. Neva is Samantha, Is is Carrie, Seeking is Miranda, and I'm Charlotte. Maybe Bleep can be Charlotte's husband, Harry, and Tip can be Steve, Miranda's husband.
                              Woo, I'm Carrie?! I don't have her fashion sense, but I am blonde, so close enough! And if Lo0p's Big... well then!

Rusty;1058832 wrote:

All the women on this thread who want LoOpster to show up sans shirt, raise your hands.

I also think we need Bleep, and my favorite tiger, Tip, Forgive me if I've left anyone out.

Off to the post office....back later.
                              Oh, we need Bruun!! And Grom! Wait, I think Karen mentioned him already, in which case I second it!
                              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                              ~Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X