Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

Magic stuff Evey.

How are you finding it so far? Hope you are having an easy ride. Can I suggest starting a thread, so we don't get lost in here? That way, others can help as well... You'll be amazed and surprised at how everyone get's behind you for support on your journey. Try it!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning, newbies, et al.
      I've got to do a couple of shout outs, and nowhere better than here, I hope.
      Taw, sister, how are you?
      Edo, you make me smile. I liked the japanese version.
      Sere, you're awfully quiet again, I think.
      Evey, how's the first week?
      pbe, not to be confused with epb, YOU make me grin. Keep it coming.
      LL, what's news for today?
      Bill G, don't know if you're visiting all of the threads, but I'm glad you're posting and I'll look for you in music later today.
      xx and oo
      I'm off to put out some of the fires I've started.
      YAY, BAC!
      Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Ne/Neva Eva;1069611 wrote:
        You're welcome Evey and PbE! (What does that stand for anyway?)
        "Bar" means "son of" in Hebrew (or Aramaic) so PbarE stands for Paul, son of Edward.

BTW, I am digging the Calvin and Hobbs avatar.
        Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.
        - Jacob August Riis

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

It's been okay so far. I haven't really titrated up but plan on doing so when I get my next order. Starting a thread seems daunting, I never realized how hard it was to put my thoughts on all of this together until I tried to write something. It's looks a lot easier than it is, lol. Maybe next week, when I start taking more I will start a thread. I do hope that my high eyes get better or I get better at disguising them.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

For sure, those red eyes look terrible. Eye drops don't seem to help. I'm trying to remember when mine went away, but looking back I can't quite place it. Suddenly it seemed they were just no longer there.

The thread thing is very easy. Just put a little bit down, someone will ask something, you answer, before you know it, the thread is there, alive and well. It's not too serious one way or another. Glad you are along with us, best of luck to you! How are you finding the initial goings on?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I overthink everything, that's probably the reason why I drink-to slow down the thinking.

All of the initial goings on are going on pretty good. Slight headaches, my pleasant dreams and deep sleep on the first few nights of bac have turned to a different type of sleep but still not anywhere near any of the terrible sleep that someone with years of insomia experiences. Overall, I have being drinking slightly less. So far, so good. Mentally prepared to deal with much more.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

HI Evey, and :welcome:

This describes me exactly:

Evey;1070256 wrote: I overthink everything, that's probably the reason why I drink-to slow down the thinking.
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi Beatle, nice to meet you! Glad that you can relate to what I said.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning, everyone!
                    Evey, eye drops are definitely one of the tools I employed. And there is some gum bio- something or other that helps with dry mouth, if/when you get there. (you can use the handy search tool to find it, I think, or call the dentist!)
                    I didn't use it, but brushed my teeth an awful lot. I used two toothpastes for a while. One for the regular cleaning stuff and a second, gentler toothpaste for the other 6-8 times I had to brush to get rid of the bad taste or dry mouth. (I'd forgotten about that!)
                    It might also be wise to have some sort of nasal spray to use. That seems to be a common SE and a very annoying one. It's still an issue for me. The nasal drip/congestion makes breathing/sleeping more difficult when it's bad. So better to head that one off as quickly as possible!

The Newbies Nest on the other forum serves a couple of purposes. Mostly it's a place for people to dip their toes in. There isn't anything like that here in meds. A lot of newbies get lost posting on threads, and don't get the attention they need or that we want to give. It's a quandary.
                    When newbies chime in on the other forum, they are offered support and guidance about where to find a home and how to get comfortable from the old-timers.

I'm glad your head is in the game. But as Low would remind us, nothing else really matters as long as you keep taking the pills! :H
                    PbE, of course. ha! I miss Calvin.
                    Hope it's a good day!
                    :ls

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Oh, and I definitely subscribe to the Obsessive Impulsive Disorder that beatle has diagnosed herself with! A little impulsivity helps when attempting to post. It ain't easy. But it helps a great deal.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

thread subscriptions

It's VERY hard to keep up with the various threads since the meds threads are so active.
                        (YAY!)
                        I don't actually know how to subscribe to a particular thread. But I know you can. It's up ^ there somewhere.

When I post on a thread I am automatically 'subscribed' to it so it pops up in my User CP as active.
                        But there is a way to subscribe and get updates.

Perhaps some of the people who have been around for awhile will stop ignoring this thread and start contributing and being welcoming to newcomers. pffffft. just sayin'

Explore the User CP functions, they're fun. I particularly like the avatar one, obviously. More on exploring those in a couple of days.
                        :ls

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I just took a look at it. I believe you can subscribe to a thread under Thread Tools which is listed on the top. Seems like a really cool function.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hiya, Evey. I carried you with me today!
                            Hope that doesn't embarrass you. Sorry if it does.

Lots of cool stuff to be found up there in those buttons, and also in the forum at the very bottom of the main page. It's a test ground or something.
                            Anyway, hope it's a good Saturday night for you.
                            I'm off to do more annoying and onerous stuff around the home, but will be re-listening to This American Life, because it moved Jeff. And some music that Isolde recommended that moves me. I love mwo and the people here.
                            hmmm. I remember when, a long, long time ago I thought being home alone and sober on a Saturday night meant I was a failure. Now it's LIBERATION!
                            Housework still sucks though. lol

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hey Neva, That's fine by me.

I remember a time, when you just did not sit at home on a Saturday night. I had my share of fun and now most Saturday nights are spent at home and I wouldn't have them any other way, just need them to be alcohol free and life will be good.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

For sure, I used to be filled with horror at the thought of not going out on a Saturday night. For the past few years though, it was an opportunity to sit at home and get sozzled, with the promise of a nice lie-in to help the hangover. Now, it's a great day to relax. How times have changed!

Has your other shipment arrived yet Evey?

Comment

Working...
                                X