Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

:H:H:H

:welcome: RedT. Normal dating, according to Stuck, begins down at the local watering hole, where a guy sits alone drinking excessively. By the end of the evening, if he's lucky, he'll spot a blurry vision or two across the room, and he may offer to buy her a drink. Should she accept, we can fast-forward through all the awkward, slurry small-talk and get right to falling through the bedroom door, stubbing one's toe on the nightstand, and rolling around on the bed for a while.

And we really do have to fast-forward through the rest of it, since by morning it's all been forgotten. Now if his luck has held to this point, he'll wake thankfully alone again, and he just has to walk through his apartment to make sure nothing was stolen, lock the door, and go back to bed 'till the afternoon.

Cheers!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

EEEGads, that's what normal dating means to you Stuck? OMG, you are way worse off than I thought:upset:, I seem to remember someone from our wonderful Topa thread saying to you that it might be nice to take a girl to the movies, out for some dinner and a chat, get to know each other a bit, actually connect to her as a real Human Being, Oh My, Oh Dear, how old are you Stuck:H and this is all the further that you have evolved? Hmmmmm,

Well, just your friend Play checking in, disregard if offensive,
      Now, you knew better than to get involved with us Didn't You? Oh My, I knew I shouldn't go there:H:H

Ok, love and Hugs,
      Play

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Gosh, Play, I stop by the topa thread a couple of times and now I've got gals following me all over MWO! :H

Big hugs, love. No I'm just teasing. And that was of course only my normal dating before I changed my ways and cleaned up my act. Now I'd love to find a nice girl, whom I could take to a nice dinner, have a good conversation with, and really get to know as an actual human being.

Still she can't be too "nice" though.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Dear Stuck,
          Please accept apologies, yes, you stopped by our thread a couple of times and that did not give me the right to start looking for all of your posts, I didnt look for them, i just noticed when your name came up because i am very fond of you, please accept my sincere apologies, I always seem to need to make mistakes before I can learn from them and this time I recognize that I need to leave you to your own thread and when you want to drop in here on the Topa thread, YAY, and I'm sure I'll pop in sometimes to your Bac thread.

Love You and the Difference that You Make!!!

Love, Play

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

No, no, Play. It's my fault. I've known for years what kinds of problems whittling can cause, emotionally mostly, since people get all attached and whatnot. Yet I keep doing the same thing over and over, and over but never learn. I'm just thankful that we can still be friends and still see each other. Maybe not everywhere, I mean, that might be awkward, but we can definitely meet up once in a while for old times' sake on the topa thread.

Love ya' so much! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hey Stuck! Gotcha,

We Are here whenever you need us or feel like chatting and dropping in, promise not to go all "Psycho/Normal :H:H on you,

Love and Hugs,
              Play

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Wow. Stuck, I'm living vicariously through you. LOL! (Except for the jalapeno leg treatment thing and pining for a bartender and having to read and grade college papers and screwing up spaghetti, and etc..)

Cheers!

Day 101 on Bac - 120mg
                Switch? - 160mg
                Binge Free - 72 days

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

:H:H:H:H Stuckin-la. Great version of normal dating. Especially the "checking to make sure nothing was stolen" part. I moved in with, and later married, my ex-husband before we ever had a "date" at all. It was just - one day we weren't together; the next day we were. And it was actually a pretty good relationship. We're still great friends. So, yeah "normal" dating is still a mystery to me. Well, I can remember "real" dates in high school and college. But I think that was about the end of them, and that was quite a bit earlier than catalunya was born. :H again! One of my all time favorite MWO moments was just two posts - LadyLush describing drunken sexual encounters and Murphyx's response. Resonant with what you describe, Stuck. But I guess I'll bow out of this particular conversation, having absolutely nothing to contribute . . .

Except this, for catalunya: I am sympathetic for your distress around the baclofen side effects. But please, remember this - alcoholism is a progressive disease. This is not conjecture nor theory. It is a fact. And probably one of the few things that almost everyone on this board would agree upon. So - if you're drinking has been unmanageable at this time in your life, it WILL require SOME intervention to stop a gruesome descent into a bottle. It never gets better on its own. Once some biochemical line is crossed, drinking just creates the compulsion to drink more, and that WILL happen, even if it takes a year or two or three (as it did for me).

Only you know where you are on that continuum, and what resources and support you have to keep you from falling into that pit. Before baclofen, I was happily sober for 3 years; then drank a single beer. Within 2-3 weeks, I was again drinking all day, every day. That's a part of understanding this disease that AA is dead-on right about. Without the pharmaceutical intervention of bac, for me, I would have to make not drinking be the most important thing I did, every day, in order to stay alive and functioin. That is not the worst thing in the world, but it's a darned big deal to have to organize life around.

I admire you for acknowledging that there may be a real problem with alcohol, and taking steps to address it. I knew I had a problem with alcohol when I was your age, but I had much bigger problems that led me into a life-path or serious meditation, which made putting all intoxicants out of my life for over a decade just a by-product. I saw a mention that you may be ready to stop the bac. If you do stop now, just don't forget about it! Hopefully you'll find a workable solution regarding alcohol in your life, but if, some year, you find yourself undeniably under it's lash, there always IS the possibility of another go, with bac. Kind of like . . . put it in your bac pocket, just in case. I really wish you the very best. I have no idea what your way out will be; or how desperate your need for a way out is, at this time. But I fully trust that you'll sort it out. And I really hope you stay with us, wherever your path takes you.
                  "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
                  X