Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

Good morning :l.

I think the important threads could go in the signature or on the first post so that newbies have an idea of what Bac is all about. I tried it with my video thread but it got lost too. But then, I am a bore... There seems to be a sticky on one of the other sites to do with a documentary about alcoholism and the Topa thread keeps near the top just because of the drama.:new:
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Otter;1071042 wrote: Good morning :l.

I think the important threads could go in the signature or on the first post so that newbies have an idea of what Bac is all about. I tried it with my video thread but it got lost too. But then, I am a bore... There seems to be a sticky on one of the other sites to do with a documentary about alcoholism and the Topa thread keeps near the top just because of the drama.:new:
      Thanks furry friend.
      Nothing boring about what you post, Otter. Especially for those of us who are well into the journey. The video, if you remember, was the impetus behind my first night AF. Your post. It was a watershed in the history of my little life!
      Imagine that? I forgot to thank you. THANK YOU!

Newbie threads are often fraught with drama, but they have to be visited by the old timers, too, imho. I don't know if this one will work, but I'll give it a shot for a while. Plus Evey's here and I like her.

How are you Evey? What part of the world are you in?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

bleep;1070961 wrote:
        Has your other shipment arrived yet Evey?
        Nope, not yet. Thinking sometime early this week. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday Relax Day.

Hey Ne, I'm good. Hope you are having a good Sunday as well. I live in the U.S., on the east coast. Would be nice if I could say some cool far away place but it's okay here.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

There are a lot of newbies!
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Evey;1071219 wrote: ...
            I live in the U.S., on the east coast. Would be nice if I could say some cool far away place but it's okay here.
            That is someplace cool and far away. Here's hoping your shipment arrives soon...

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning!
              Ha! Not so cool and faraway... Pretty mundane and probably pretty close by to my little world.
              I rather like it, though.
              So, Evey. What's your story???
              Mine is readily available, of course, in excruciating detail. :blush: You don't have to be quite so forthcoming, of course!

I've had some feedbac this morning on the futility of a newbie thread. That said, I can't possibly keep up with all of the new threads. I'm happy to hang out here for a while...
              Hope it's a good day for one and all. Mine's going to suck I think. :-( waaaaaah.
              xo

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

huuullllooooo!
                Awfully lonely around here.
                Evey, hate to call you out, but how are you? What's going on?

I'll meet you in chat later if you'd like. I need a nap at the moment. Or perhaps to just go and stare at something (anything) growing. ha!
                Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Wow, that was a long post, sorry. I didn't realize how long it was. I am wondering if I should edit some of some of it to make it shorter, but I guess I will leave it the same.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Wow, evey. That was super-fantastic.

I'd love to go through and quote. Actually I think I will...!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Ne, Sorry, I edited it some.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Evey;1075736 wrote: I took 30 mg in 3 doses of 10, but I took them all after 12. I actually didn't drink until after 8 pm, being home for 8 hours, that is really amazing for me! I thought about it somewhat frequently, but it was really easy to push the thoughts aside and the urge wasn't the same. I drank about half of what I normally would have (generally, at least a bottle of wine a night-every night.) It was easier to control the speed of my drinking and I was much more conscience of what I was doing. I woke up the next day feeling great.
                          This doesn't seem like a bad approach to titration at all. Certainly not unreasonable! And yay to the amount you're (not) drinking. In my experience this varied quite a bit. But also in my experience I don't think I was looking for the 'switch' early enough or often enough. I simply drank and drank and drank until I just couldn't do it anymore.

Evey;1075736 wrote: it seemed like I had the clearest thinking in a long time. Everything was seeming to come together in my mind.
                          Evey;1075736 wrote: My outlook has greatly improved, I really can't explain it, it's not like the bac did it all, but all the things that I have been telling myself finally came together.
                          Evey;1075736 wrote: I was also more relaxed about things and able to control my responses to things better. I felt a lot happier and seemed like things were more in my control.
                          Evey;1075736 wrote:
                          The weird thing yesterday was that I felt totally different than I did when I was taking the lower dose. I had a surge of energy, I didn't feel tired at all. I actually don't know if I was little too amped, it was subtle not significant but it was there.
                          Evey;1075736 wrote:
                          My nose was red and my heart at times felt like it was beating a little faster than normal.
                          Evey;1075736 wrote:
                          I slept a longer time and I had bags under my eyes. Also, I had pretty bad nightmares, ones worth mentioning.
                          It's the bac. imho. All of it. The clarity? The focus? The improved mood? The relaxation? Happiness? Energy? worrying about being too amped? the nose and the heart rate? sleeping very soundly but bags under eyes? Nightmares?
                          ALL bac. imo.
                          yay, bac!

I think you might be able to manage the nightmares a little bit. Maybe not now, but going forward if your sleep starts to be disrupted. Think good thoughts. seriously. I STILL think about redthread's dream with the playboy guy and his harem. (what's his name? having a hungover-bac-brain-day. It's very annoying after the clarity I've been experiencing.) Anyway. That's what I do when I wake now and some of my thoughts are disturbing. It hearkens bac to the days pre-bac when my sleep-thoughts tormented me.

Manage the nightmares, though, in order to guard your sleep. Tools to preempt them and keeping in mind that it happens to all of us helped me.

I don't know about the energy... Sometimes it definitely crosses into mania for me, like yesterday morning when I thought I could solve the middle east crisis if I could just sit down with the gangstas who run the countries. (joking, of course, but it did feel like the sun was rising and setting for me, and me alone. A fun place, but resulting in a fiery drunken crash in my case. okay. not fiery. smoldery.)

Don't apologize for being thorough. I hate brevity, anyway! :H (unless it's a one-liner from some of us that are particularly witty.)
                          Glad you posted. don't think I can chat, but look forward to it, and maybe we'll find some other folks to join in the fun. (be warned, I really do type faster than all of you combined!)
                          :ls
                          Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Editing is something I should do more of, apparently!
                            No worries.
                            As to the Saturday night? You'll soon be able to decide what it is you want to do on a Saturday night, instead of having the beast decide for you.
                            I choose vaccuuming. or something.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

I didn't edit that much at all. It's still entirely too long. I appreciate you doing the quoting, it will help others to get the general highlights before they fall asleep, lol.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Wow Evey, that's great. You seem to be responding very well to low doses of baclofen. I agree with Ne, I would attribute all those effects to baclofen.

Great post, keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X