• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning, Evey. What's news?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

A late good morning to you Ne and a hello to Mr. Bleep.

I hope you are both doing well and I would like to say congrats to you Ne on your good news (rather fantastic news)! Currently, I am on 50 mg of Bac. Side effects are minimal. To be fair and not only write about the good, I will list my current SEs which are: the tiniest hint of hazy vision when I first wake up and slight sleep disturbances.

Okay, now on to good things. I haven't drank my usual amount at all. I'm thinking that I have cut my alcohol consumption to almost half of what it was. It is so nice working without a hangover; so nice!! It has helped in other ways as well. My husband said "I think that Baclava "(yes, that is what he keeps calling it and that's how he prounces it, almost like I am taking some dessert) "is helping with your mood a little." It's helping a lot and that it is my great Bac SE.

Just wondering why more doctors aren't willing to prescribe bac. Even if it only helps some to cut back and not entirely quit, it seems that it would be worth it. With pain management clinics all over the U.S. prescribing Percocets like they are pez, my mind says even more-"why not?"

And so, I continue with my journey...

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Ha! I like the idea of calling it baclava. Sounds a lot sweeter, for sure!
        I'm glad you're noticing a difference at 50. The lack of a hangover makes life so much more enjoyable, doesn't it?

The first good thing I noticed about bac is that it started to soften the edges a bit. (they still need some coarse-grit sandpaper, I suppose. ha!) My dad was the first to notice it. I almost cried it was so sweet.

The doctor thing? Who knows. Theories abound. Seems like it might be getting easier, but that could be the unbridled Ne-optimism. I'll leave it to others for the rest.
        Glad you're continuing with your journey and I look forward to hearing more. You quiet ones always have great stories.
        xo
        Ne
        And since when did bleep get a title??? sheesh. Not that he hasn't earned it... still.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Wowsers, only my dad is Mr bleep, and he probably wouldn't answer it! I prefer Sir, anyway.

It's really good to hear you are doing so nicely, and at such a low dose as well. I actually enjoyed the vision thing - I like my world to look different, which was probably half the problem to begin with! The mood enhancement is great, and it gets better. Going up too quickly will give you the opposite of this, but it sounds like you have a nice steady schedule going, well done.

I'm with Ne on the doctor conundrum. Even my doctor, who is astounded at the change in me, doesn't prescribe to other alcoholics. I find it extremely peculiar. It's a good thing I'm not a doctor, I would be prescribing my way to a worldwide baclofen shortage quite quickly!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Well, you don't get the Sir until you become a knight. Let me know what then happens and I'll be sure to correct how I address you.

Yes Ne, the softening around the edges is a good thing; the drinking sure never helped with that.

I must have done something on my user settings and now the font is so much smaller. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Madame Evey, it'll be under "options" in the "user cp" tab, near the top of every thread.

Fair enough, leave off the Sir for now, plain old bleep usually get's my attention. Most of the time a post is sufficient anyway, addressed to the world in general!

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Madame Evey sounds like a fortune teller or someone who runs a brothel. I can't figue out what option I changed and I can't seem to change it back, oh well... maybe this will grow on me... I am going to just keep on, keeping on. I'm getting a little impatient going up the way that I have been but it's going pretty good so far so I guess I will just stick with it.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Agreed Evey - it's working well, so no need to tamper with it! Impatience grabs quite a few of us, so it's impressive you are able to withstand it.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Okay, so try this: On the view button drop down, go to zoom and make sure it's set at 100%. If that actually solves the problem I nominate myself as the most improved internet-forum-user ftr.

It always bit me in the a** when I played fast and loose with dosing. Still does. I'm glad you have the wherewithall to stick with the plan. (?ha. We'll see...)

When I'm the queen of sheba I'll knight bleep. But I think maybe the princess Redhead might make queen status, first. Maybe we can petition her. I'm never going to refer to you as 'Sir' anything, though bleepster. unless it's derogatory. I can't figure out my role... Murphx is the jester, poking fun at the emperor's clothes... I'm maybe the sorcerer's understudy, full of shit and believing every word??? Ah, I digress again, this time into murky, uninteresting waters...

Spring has sprung here. I was 4 hours north over the weekend and the forsythia is barely blooming. ugh. I like it right here, thank you very much!
                    Looking forward to the next update, Evey.
                    Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Thanks Ne!! It worked! I set it to 125% though. Now all of the emoticons are gone. I guess they took them away... Hope you are having a nice day.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Good to hear Evey.Success in small steps, much like baclofen...

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Morning, Evey.
                          Can't help with the emoticons, except that maybe you have to use the "Post Reply" button instead of the "Quick Reply" option.

Hope you're well. Update, please?!
                          Ne

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Evey;1070256 wrote: I overthink everything, that's probably the reason why I drink-to slow down the thinking.
                            Hit the nail on the head for me there Evey!

I have started trying Bac, going well so far but can't get used to being so happy and calm all the time without knowing it's because I just started drinking...

EW:new:
                            If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

Hi English Writer. Why don't you start a thread detailing your journey. You will get loads of help that way.
                              I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Newbies Nest! for bac

:welcome: EW to the bac ride!

Here or there makes no nevermind.
                                I hope the Nest is a place for people to dip their toes in to the meds threads...

I can relate to the new found mind-peace and quiet experience.
                                :H

:ls
                                Ne

Comment

Working...
                                X