Will Baclofen replace Phenibut for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to come back here to post my experience with the most recent withdrawal.

This is my 2nd or 3rd w/d from a 6-8 week binge on phenibut, ending on 6-8g/daily. Hopefully will be my last. I did not end up waiting for baclofen. I tapered down to about 5g, and then the withdrawal symptoms got very bad. I was screaming "I want my medicine, I want my medicine ARGGH!!!"

So in this time of trial and desperation I consult the I Ching. That fucking thing knows, man. I drew the first hexagram, which is pure power. "Damn," I thought, "that's gotta mean something. It means be like a bull and charge through it." So after, that I went cold turkey like a crazy-man.

I don't know what it was, but the withdrawal symptoms were minimal after that. I was depressed, meek and anxious for about 2.5 days, but was not having the panic/anxiety attacks nor the extreme feelings of self-worthlessness that I had experienced the previous withdrawal episode(s). After that, I had 2 nights of insomnia, and now I've more or less returned to baseline.

I don't know what it was that made me be able to power thru it this time. It could have been the 5mg of Selegine I absorbed sublingually the day before I went cold turkey (I have heard that that helps), it might have been the 4 pills/daily of SJW Perika I was taking after going cold turkey. It may have been the lords of the I Ching. I have no f'n clue, man.

Comment

Thanks very much terryk and ratstew for the information. Terry, yes baclofen is "chloro-phenibut" just looking at the structure of the two.

Hey ratstew that was great getting off the phenibut, not sure how I'd go if I became dependent on it but I'd probably have to end up taking baclofen for that too if I couldn't hack it.

Comment

RatStew;1112745 wrote:
        Have not tried baclofen, but my understanding is that the recreational potential isn't nearly as high as with phenibut.
        I'm going to flat out state that baclofen has next to zero recreational potential, if not zero. I read that alot on sites like bluelight, many have stated that here, and I know for a fact, that for me, popping a handful of bac (more than my body is used to), is the best way to ensure a bad vibe fest for myself with nausea, vertigo, visual disturbance, and general malaise. But maybe that's someone's idea of a good time. -tk
        TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Greg;1112902 wrote: Hey ratstew that was great getting off the phenibut, not sure how I'd go if I became dependent on it but I'd probably have to end up taking baclofen for that too if I couldn't hack it.
          yeah, hopefully you don't become dependant on it! if u ever do, search the net again for techniques to get off it.

Comment

Working...
          X