Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and Anxiety

Thanks for your support!!

Ne/Neva Eva;1253312 wrote: Hi, Panda! Welcome aboard. I'm glad you have some help/guidance with your plan.

From what I've heard, coming off of long term benzo use can be quite difficult. So far we've had someone released from the bondage of marijuana addiction and heroin addiction. I can't see why it wouldn't work for benzos. I'm glad you're going to chronicle it here as it might be helpful for others who come behind. Please keep posting!

Otter, be well. I know you know this, but for others: ABRUPTLY STOPPING baclofen is a REALLY TROUBLING IDEA. Not to be recommended.
    yes you are 100% correct!! I've tried it before and it's a living nighmare!! Hoping that the Bac will make the road a little smoother than what I've experienced in the past!!
    Today is day 3 of dropping afternoon dose of klonipin. Feel lousy!! But tryin to stay positive...and hopeful!! I have no choice but to go off it because it has become "poison" to my system and overall mental state!! Have been agoraphobic seems like forever...and it's all from the long term use of klon!! have not been out of the house for at least 2weeks!
    Thanks for your support!! Panda.....

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

hanks for the welcome!1

terryk;1252987 wrote: Hello Panda, welcome to MWO. I read your story in the "Just Starting Out?" section........interesting.

-tk
      tk....thanks for the welcome!! Yeah...it is interesting....but extremely serious!!
      take care...Panda.....

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

NY Times article / part of series on anxiety

Posting this link from the NYTimes 'Opinionator' column from last week:

Searching the Brain for the Roots of Fear

Money quote:

Pathological fear and anxiety are due to alterations of the brain systems that normally control fear and anxiety (structures such as the amygdala). A tremendous amount has been learned about the normal system from studies of other animals. This gives us a good shot at understanding the pathological forms, and developing ways to treat and maybe even prevent them. Indeed, recent research in animal models are giving us new clues about how to treat problems of fear and anxiety in humans, both pharmacologically and behaviorally, and helping us figure out how we can pull people back once they?ve crossed the blurry line.

Part of a series that seems to run each week, but this is the one most pertinent to this discussion thus far ...

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

More to Panda

Panda -- what's your tapering schedule like? Definitely have heard that long-term use of a benzo is not recommended! But must be really, really hard after being on it for that much time. But once again, my experience is that once I was through the transition, my anxiety levels on bac were much lower than they ever were while I was taking a benzo. Hopefully you will similarly have a great experience!

Is the MD who's working with you on the klonopin taper also the one prescribing bac to you?

Oh...also...I'm from the US and so i may not always fully understand some of the UK lingo...and ya'll may not always fully understand my way of talking. Thank u for ur support...take Care...Panda
          Panda -- am in the US! Although in California, which some in the US do consider a foreign country.

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

more from panda

suneelca;1253674 wrote: Panda -- what's your tapering schedule like? Definitely have heard that long-term use of a benzo is not recommended! But must be really, really hard after being on it for that much time. But once again, my experience is that once I was through the transition, my anxiety levels on bac were much lower than they ever were while I was taking a benzo. Hopefully you will similarly have a great experience!

Is the MD who's working with you on the klonopin taper also the one prescribing bac to you?

Panda -- am in the US! Although in California, which some in the US do consider a foreign country.
            Oh ok cool...that you're in CA!! Just thought most people on here were in the UK...I was wrong....oops!!
            Boy...I sure hope That I will have the same good results that you did with the baclofen...once I get thru this most uncomfortable time...to say the least!! Yes ...the MD is working with both klon & bac.
            OMG...I am so absolutely "SICK" right now!! Can't stand how I'm feeling!! The klon W/D's are 100% horrifying!! HELP!! Thanks for caring!!!!!!!!!! Panda:thanks:

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Panda -- we're here for you. Maybe you should start your own thread?

Hang in there -- things will get better!

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Thanks "sunny ca gal" !!!!!!

suneelca;1253717 wrote: Panda -- we're here for you. Maybe you should start your own thread?

Hang in there -- things will get better!
                Hi "sunny ca gal" ....Hope you like your nick name...thought it fitting!! Thanks sooooo much for caring & understanding!! as of this moment ..2:15am...I am basking in some time of relief!! I am a very emotional person and i probably don't fit on this forum real well...cause I tend to talk more about my feelings and I tend to go on and on!! It's a good release for me and so guess i shouldn't worry about what others think about what i say and how I say it!! That's always been a MAJOR problem that always gets me into trouble...always worrying bout what others think of me and what I think they expect of me!!
                So...hope you will be my "new friend"!! Just feel you understand! I don't have a real trusting nature...but can usually pick up on people that i can trust.....and those are few and far between!! Oh boy...now I'm gettin' teary eyed...if you knew more of my life then you would know why....let me close with this....anyone can have lots of so-called friends...but it's my experience that true frinds are so hard to come by...where are they when you need them? Most of them just can't and/or don't want to deal with your tears!! they only want to talk to you when you're up...but oh dear God...don't call if you're down!! Okay.....Thanks for listening!! BTW...don't know how to set up a thread....Panda...

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Baclofen Warnings and Precautions
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

panda;1253693 wrote:
                    OMG...I am so absolutely "SICK" right now!! Can't stand how I'm feeling!! The klon W/D's are 100% horrifying!! HELP!! Thanks for caring!!!!!!!!!! Panda:thanks:
                    Hey, Panda. Listen, in my experience (not a doctor, just a formerly-drunk chick in Virginia) slow and steady wins this race. If you are experiencing extreme discomfort that doesn't abate in 3 or 4 days, there might be ways to deal with that. Extreme discomfort often led me to...not be totally successful. Ya' know? So what's going on?
                    Also, to start a thread: There is a button on the top left that says something like "New Thread". (I can't remember exactly and it's not on this screen.) Hit that. Whatever you put in the title will be there for-ever-and-ever--it can't be edited. Just an FYI.
                    We're a mixed group, as far as nationalities go! You'll catch up with the lingo and be speaking chat-speak in no time! fwiw! (for what it's worth!)

Love that article Sun. (Oh, and Panda, I think he's a guy. But maybe he's metro enough that he doesn't mind being called a gal. He is in Cali after all. And northern Cali, at that! )

beatle;1253744 wrote:
                    Baclofen Warnings and Precautions
                    Not sure what this link is about. Medtv? But anyway, it doesn't seem to say anything alarming or incorrect. Didn't know you couldn't take it while pregnant or breastfeeding! But that doesn't include anyone I've met 'round here recently.

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Ne/Neva Eva;1253794 wrote:

Not sure what this link is about. Medtv? But anyway, it doesn't seem to say anything alarming or incorrect. Didn't know you couldn't take it while pregnant or breastfeeding! But that doesn't include anyone I've met 'round here recently.
                      I'm sorry, I think I meant to post that to another thread (Baclofen SEs -- I should never post late at night.) One section on that site lists the possible SEs, and they match pretty much exactly what has been discussed on this forum. I think the article also points out what are serious SEs (seizure risk for those with a seizure history, heart palpitations and chest pain, hallucinations) and plays down the "common" SEs, saying there are ways to combat them. That is why I posted it (but wrong thread, obviously).

Also, I hadn't expected the copy-and-pasted www address to shift to that moniker. AND I had meant to preface it with: "I can't vouch for the credibility of this source".

But anyway, thanks for pointing this out Ne. I think I will move it over to the SEs thread, and just extract the part about SEs.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

To:suneelca...sorry about the gender mix up!!

panda;1253740 wrote: Hi "sunny ca gal" ....Hope you like your nick name...thought it fitting!! Thanks sooooo much for caring & understanding!! as of this moment ..2:15am...I am basking in some time of relief!! I am a very emotional person and i probably don't fit on this forum real well...cause I tend to talk more about my feelings and I tend to go on and on!! It's a good release for me and so guess i shouldn't worry about what others think about what i say and how I say it!! That's always been a MAJOR problem that always gets me into trouble...always worrying bout what others think of me and what I think they expect of me!!
                        So...hope you will be my "new friend"!! Just feel you understand! I don't have a real trusting nature...but can usually pick up on people that i can trust.....and those are few and far between!! Oh boy...now I'm gettin' teary eyed...if you knew more of my life then you would know why....let me close with this....anyone can have lots of so-called friends...but it's my experience that true frinds are so hard to come by...where are they when you need them? Most of them just can't and/or don't want to deal with your tears!! they only want to talk to you when you're up...but oh dear God...don't call if you're down!! Okay.....Thanks for listening!! BTW...don't know how to set up a thread....Panda...
                        He suneelca...just was told by neva that you're a guy not gal....oops ...sorry about that!!
                        doin' fair today...just have the blahs...don't feel like doin much!! Maybe that's just me...."lazy"!! haha hope not!
                        How much bac do you take? how much were you on before dropping on ativan?
                        I'm on 60mg/day. I just dropped 1 dose klon (0.5mg) 3 days ago. not as bad as before without bac. still skeptical of the whole matter! No more klon drop for a while!! think Doc will raise bac to what...don't know. wanting to feel "normal" again...not sure what that means anymore! so i guess it's "sunny ca GUY!!" call me stupid...just don't call me too late for suppa...haha...Ps...hope you're enjoyin nice warm sunny weather...I'm in Ohio...winter is not a good time for me! take care! panda

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Hey neva...thanks for the info!!

Ne/Neva Eva;1253794 wrote: Hey, Panda. Listen, in my experience (not a doctor, just a formerly-drunk chick in Virginia) slow and steady wins this race. If you are experiencing extreme discomfort that doesn't abate in 3 or 4 days, there might be ways to deal with that. Extreme discomfort often led me to...not be totally successful. Ya' know? So what's going on?
                          Also, to start a thread: There is a button on the top left that says something like "New Thread". (I can't remember exactly and it's not on this screen.) Hit that. Whatever you put in the title will be there for-ever-and-ever--it can't be edited. Just an FYI.
                          We're a mixed group, as far as nationalities go! You'll catch up with the lingo and be speaking chat-speak in no time! fwiw! (for what it's worth!)

Love that article Sun. (Oh, and Panda, I think he's a guy. But maybe he's metro enough that he doesn't mind being called a gal. He is in Cali after all. And northern Cali, at that! )

Hey neva...thanks for the gender correction!! That's funny!! I hear ya about the "slow & easy"...or be disfunctional!! Been feelin pretty disfunctional for so long not sure how much dif it makes!! trying to look ahead for better days! can't get up courage to get out of house!! scared of my state of mind right now...but again...it's been "off" for long time from long term benzo use! later ....Panda...wondering at this point..."what is normal anyway"?!?!?!?

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Hi, Panda. So you had me pegged as a woman from the UK, eh? In any case, definitely glad to count you among my friends.

If you would start your own thread, would ask you some questions ...

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

yeah.."dude"..sorry about that....

suneelca;1254019 wrote: Hi, Panda. So you had me pegged as a woman from the UK, eh? In any case, definitely glad to count you among my friends.

If you would start your own thread, would ask you some questions ...
                              Yeah..:sorry:.so sorry about that.."DUDE"!! this here be panda..a "DUDETTE" from crapiola Ohio!
                              I am so new to all this ...not sure bout the thread!! Is it a place where I can babble on and on...like I obviously love to do?????? If so tell me how to get there!!!!!...panda.....

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

I was born in Toledo, FWIW. Where in Ohio are you?

Go up to the directory that lists all of the threads in this area of the MWO community, and look for the 'New Thread' button near the top on the left. Then, have at it!

Comment

Working...
                                X