Baclofen and Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and Anxiety

Spinach? I'm not even being flippant. That's what worked for me.

I've never heard of a baclofen substitute that's both safe and effective. There are certainly other alternatives for treating the disease, though. They might not be just like baclofen, but they might be effective for you.

Good luck and keep at it! :l

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

I'm with Ne.

Lots of remedies for constipation that work, not many for alcoholism.

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Add healthy fats, lots of veggies and I took Swiss Kriss when things got bad...

Drink lots of water too.

Sam

Comment

Baclofen and Anxiety

Thanks for the suggestions..

Comment

Anxiety - Baclofen - Sense of Well Being

It has been quite awhile since I last read this thread. For any new comers to this site considering baclofen as possible solution to the minimization or elimination of their alcohol disorder, this is a great thread to begin with. As I look back now, almost two years ago, I remember the unbelievable anxiety relief (after about 6 weeks) and sense of well being that I started to feel -as a result of Baclofen and also not having alcohol in my system. Thanks Cass for the thread.

Comment

I was going to reply to the constipation issue that NWO wanted addressed, but I already responded a year ago..Being newly AF will throw your elimination schedule off track too.

Thanks Cass. I thanked you last night but I'm thanking you again,:thumbsup:

Sam

Comment

Giving this thread a bump. It's by far the best on here.. but I advise to ignore the last 10 pages where it starts to get a bit 'messy'.. the first 15-16 are really good.

Comment

Hi Mook -thank you for bringing this thread back up. I had only read parts in days prior and had never gone back to the first part -until today. I have the utmost respect for Cass and his knowledge regarding the brain disorder (AUD). This thread further helps me recognize the extreme benefit that Cass has been for this forum.

Again, thank you and thank you for joining the membership.

--sf--
                  Last edited by Spiritfree; July 4, 2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                    I'm sorry, I think I meant to post that to another thread (Baclofen SEs -- I should never post late at night.) One section on that site lists the possible SEs, and they match pretty much exactly what has been discussed on this forum. I think the article also points out what are serious SEs (seizure risk for those with a seizure history, heart palpitations and chest pain, hallucinations) and plays down the "common" SEs, saying there are ways to combat them. That is why I posted it (but wrong thread, obviously).

Also, I hadn't expected the copy-and-pasted www address to shift to that moniker. AND I had meant to preface it with: "I can't vouch for the credibility of this source".

But anyway, thanks for pointing this out Ne. I think I will move it over to the SEs thread, and just extract the part about SEs.
                    Beatle -I am once again bumping this thread because of how important and informative it is and can be -especially to those new to Baclofen. The only reason that I again found this thread again is because I was trying to find out who this 'beatle' person is who has been around here for so long (of course, this was after seeing your most recent thread creation).

I have only spent a few minutes on my iPad trying to discover more about what you posted earlier, and I now find my self really interested and curios. (There are too many first hand experience reports for what you posted to be a total fraud. Additionally, you have been around too long on this forum to try to pull some kind of hoax -at least in my opinion.)

Beatle, you have to say one thing about Cass; he never does or write anything half heartedly. Cass is like the EF Hutton commercial that I used to hear; if he (Cass) says something, listen carefully because what he says will be meaningful, helpful and truthful.

Thanks again Beatle.

--sf--
                    Last edited by Spiritfree; February 13, 2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Such a positive thread. Trying to keep going, i'm increasing to 180mg p/day as of today.

Comment

To be honest when I was on Baclofen one of my worst side effects was extreme tention in my neck and shoulders.It was literally unbearable,my shoulders were like rocks.
                        But I wasn't a long term user so I'm sure these symptoms would be away at maintenance level.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                          To be honest when I was on Baclofen one of my worst side effects was extreme tention in my neck and shoulders.It was literally unbearable,my shoulders were like rocks.
                          But I wasn't a long term user so I'm sure these symptoms would be away at maintenance level.
                          I'm curious about your titration up, Nic, and whether it was a function of going to fast. It's not always, so I'm not suggesting that was the case for you. But I know that when I took too much baclofen, I had a muscle spasm in my right neck and shoulder that was both painful and really disconcerting. So I wanted to ask you about your experience.

Comment

NE
                            I did it very fast the first time round,up to 180 and indifference in 16 days.But second time took ages and loads for side effects.....loads

Comment

Forgot to say,no tention in shoulders the first time

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                                NE
                                I did it very fast the first time round,up to 180 and indifference in 16 days.But second time took ages and loads for side effects.....loads
                                Ah, I remember now. 16 days and you reached indifference and then...went down and started drinking again, right?

And then the second time you took it slow and easy and it sucked. I had really terrible side effects when I was taking less than 100mg. When I reached that point, it got much easier for me, which is the opposite of what so many other people experience. It all seems pretty random, though I'm sure there are perfectly reasonable explanations. (I mean, it's not magic. lol)

<sigh> Who knows? I'm sorry, for what it's worth. I hope you can find a solution(s) soon. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X