Enormous hickey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enormous hickey

Good morning to you and your petechiae, have you given it a name yet?

Awesome post, thanks for that, and glad to find out it's seems to be nothing serious. Weird in the extreme. Did they think it could be related to baclofen in any way? Seems hard to, with normal platelet counts. I hope they get to the bottom of it. I suppose at this point you can be grateful it is occurring in areas that are easily concealed!

Comment

Enormous hickey

OK, we need to see some photos, in case one of us has had something similar...and for their general amusement value.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Enormous hickey

G.S.

I hope you can get a clear diagnosis and treatment real soon. I imagine this must be really frustrating.

Hang in there and take care.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Enormous hickey

well, gs, you must be a fun person to know! your writing is gripping, marvelously entertaining. worthy of a short story - indeed, it IS a short story!

glad you're alive and well. as you can see, we were concerned, and wanted more words from you. and we'd definitely love pictures. i'm sure you're a sight for sore eyes. oh, and your title is brilliant; don't be embarassed, it's perfect for the likes of us around here.

Comment

Enormous hickey

Hi GS, I third the request for pics - you can put those miniskirts to use! That would be icing on the cake for us cave dwellers looking for relief through entertainment. Of course, now that we know you're okay, it's fine to ask for pics, right? I mean, as Murph says, it's all for the forum's use just in case they get body-sized hickeys and need to know the diagnosis.

Love your writing, keep us updated on when it goes away and any other SEs.

Comment

Enormous hickey

Hey guys! Waking up this morning with them STILL THERE was a real bummer.

I went to an acupuncturist yesterday - before you groan - one of the girls in my office was ranting and raving about it, so one of those deals came up on Groupon or whatnot and i bought it. $30. What do I have to lose? The way my co-worker described it was "sunshine shooting out her ass." I thought yeah, I could use some of that. So I went, and she asked after my health history (I tell you - she asked for a WAY more comprehensive health history than any M.D. I've ever seen has).

To prevent any shock, I explained before disrobing about my rash-that-is-not-a-rash and she acted very professionally about it (I think i my state they are considered medical professionals and are trained, licensed, and regulated as such).

She did a "clearing" on me, which is supposed to kind of "weed out the garden" session before we go in next time and address the specific issues that I have (I have to figure out which ones to focus on - there are probably hordes!)

Right before we were getting done, she said "Oh, one more thing. I assume this rash (not a rash!) is uppermost in your mind. I'm just going to prick your elbows on each side a couple of times to let the fire out."

"Let it out!" I'm thinking. You know, it's 90+ effing degrees with 468% humidity every day and I'm walking around in long skirts and slacks. Not to mention, what if I get invited to go swimming somewhere? They wouldn't let me in the pool! You know those signs they have up - no persons may enter this pool with diarrhea, open wounds, rashes and lesions, or pus of any dimension, etc. How mortifying would that be.

I have decided to go see a derm.

Oh, and if you want pics, you got 'em, if someone will tell me how to get them up. And I mean, step-by-step. And is there anyway I can take them down after a couple of days? generally I'm not a fan of people changing/deleting posts - but you know - it's kinda gross.

Comment

Enormous hickey

Oh, and I also kinda quit bac for the moment. The highest I ever got was 140, and I did feel something start happening. But just then, work blew up and I HAD to go down - just HAD to for work reasons, so unfortunate. I was able to function at 100, so I stayed there the better part of a month. The other reason I went down to 100 was that I had not been diligent in ordering my supply, and I was not sure I had enough to stay at 140 and keep going up before my next shipment (and, in fact, I was correct).

Anyway, I was titrating back up (taking 120) until last weekend (4th july). I traveled out of town, and as ALWAYS happens, I don't remember to take it. I think I took 100 one day, 20 the next day, 60 one day, 80 the next...you get the picture. And, I must say, all without any negative consequences.

Anyway, I realized yesterday that I hadn't taken any whatsoever. And I didn't hallucinate. And I really want to get to the bottom of this not-a-rash. I think I'm going to stop taking everything except what my shrinker said I can't cold-turkey (Zoloft and Wellbutrin). And I must say I've got half a mind to ignore her advice on that point but, you know, we shall see.

I am going to get back on the bac train. I am just tired of feeling like a leper.

Comment

Enormous hickey

And now looking a bit like one can't help much either. Don't take that the wrong way! Perhaps it's possibly for the best while you clear this up? Withdrawal will only kick in on about day 3, if memory serves, so if you start to feel weird then, you know what to do. I believe it's a relatively simple matter to taper off though if that turns to be required.

Was the "rash" any better after being let out of your elbows?

Looking forward to seeing you back here. Your writing is a delight to read, and it's always great when someone finds indifference.

Comment

Enormous hickey

Hi GS, I don't know how to upload a pic, but did you take one just in case? I'll look into it. How's your rash? Did sunshine shoot out of your ass too?

Comment

Enormous hickey

Go to enhanced editing version vs simple posting of the message, a toolbar should come up with the ability to attach something. Click on it, it's a paper clip. It opens a screen where browsing for a file to attach is provided. Click on that and find your picture on the computer. I'm doing it now and we shall see if I succeed..... My file upload failed but I think its because the pic is too big. I'll see if I can find something online to upload. Now I'm trying to upload my avatar pic. Let's post and see, it said it attached.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1619674=6300-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Enormous hickey

GS - you said you have half a mind to cold-turkey your Zoloft and Wellbutrin. My last antidepressant I tapered off slowly by myself, and it was apparently way too fast and was horrible. I can't imagine how bad cold-turkeying 2 AD's at the same time would be, but I highly recommend you don't try to find out!
                        Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                        George Santayana

Comment

Enormous hickey

HMMMMMM. Lookeee what I just found. I don't know if you're allowed to post websites here so I won't, but this is ostensibly the official FDA advisory on Zoloft. This portion may, oh, i don't know, JUST MAY BE RELEVANT TO MY FRICKING SITUATION:

ABNORMAL BLEEDING
                          SSRIs and SNRIs, including Zoloft, may increase the risk of bleeding events. Concomitant use of aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, warfarin, and other anticoagulants may add to this risk. Case reports and epidemiological studies (case-control and cohort design) have demonstrated an association between use of drugs that interfere with serotonin reuptake and the occurrence of gastrointestinal bleeding. Bleeding events related to SSRIs and SNRIs use have ranged from ecchymoses, hematomas, epistaxis, and petechiae to life-threatening hemorrhages.

Patients should be cautioned about the risk of bleeding associated with the concomitant use of Zoloft and NSAIDs, aspirin, or other drugs that affect coagulation.

Well. I wish I had looked into THAT a little sooner. My dumb ass fault, I take responsibility. When I started messing around with The Shrinker I promised myself I was going to read all of the inserts, etc. And, i didn't for this one.

Instead, upon advise of two M.D.'s and a psych I d/c'd my nexium, magnesium, vitamin D, baclofen, piracetam, and claritin. Sinister medications, all of them, eh?

Upon advice of dear mum I threw out all my pillows, boiled my sheets/comforter/pillow cases in industrial grade washer/dryer, and was planning to cover my mattress four inches thick with cellophane and special order a bedbug cover (because, you know, why not - in for a penny, in for a pound)

I believe this is a wakeup call to remain on task and diligent about what I'm putting into my body. My boyfriend mentioned a while back that psychology/psychiatry's approach in general reminded him a lot of what he and his friends did back in college. That got a good laugh out of me, because I can see his point. you remember the kids--they always went on about how if you take X drug then combine it with Y drug 14 minutes afterward, then run around the block 3.5 times and funnel Z number of beers while smoking a fattie "it's the freakin' best high ever man, ever!"

So far, Celexa made me want to drink 41 beers per minute and Zoloft (apparently) causes spontaneous internal bleeding. man, crap record for me and SSRIs.

I'm starting to feel like a desperate housewife. Wellbutrin, Zoloft, and now Xanax (situational becuase of my mom's cancer diagnosis). I always wonder if the girl at the Rx counter thinks I'm like a crazy person who might stab her. I'm really new at this whole psychotropic medication thing - 30 before I ever took a one.

Oh, and did I mention my CAT is on Prozac? His is beef-flavored, though. How's THAT for Wisteria Lane?

Comment

Enormous hickey

All right. Here's where GS stands for Good Sport.

The first one kind of looks like Jupiter rising or something, right? Anyway, my pic is much bigger, but I think they crunched it down for this website so there you go.

The second another one (I don't know how the website will arrange them), is the full back of my leg, shot downwards towards my foot.

And the third one is kind of a close up of some of the larger spots, which I believe are technically called purpura.

Anyway, come one, come all, she's the Impossibly Mottled Lady and she's yours to see folks, for a limited time only (I will be removing these soon, God-willing i have the skills to do so).

I am trusting in the good, good faith of this community that no one is going to do anything sinister with these. I don't want them showing up in the National Enquirer, I don't want to be the reason that Randy Pinkerton gets first prize on his science project on unsightly rashes (it's not a rash!!) , and I especially don't want them turned over to a legitimate medical establishment (e.g., CDC) for urgent inquiry. Unless, that is, there's some $$ in it for me.

Niiiiiiiiight!!!!! Attached files [img]/converted_files/1622861=6301-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1622861=6302-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1622861=6303-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Enormous hickey

Holy fuuuuuuuuck that's deeply unpleasant, but yet fairly amusing in a side-show exhibit kinda way.

Were you able to determine from your research how long the not rash will last?

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Enormous hickey

GS, no one knows whose body it is, I wouldn't be concerned. Thanks for posting - sure hope it goes away. You still have it? Have you determined to exit zoloft?

That doesn't look like bedbugs. If you think you have bedbugs, buy food grade diotomacious earth and sprinkle it everywhere (watch out, the dust stays in the air for a very long time and you're not supposed to breathe it in).

Keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
                                X