X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Got My Baclofen

:new:
    Hello All,

I just got my Baclofen. It wasn't easy to convince my doctor to prescribe it for me, but I took her a pile of research and she finally agreed to precribe me 30mg a day. She wasn't impressed by Dr. Ameisen treating himself and found his own treatment study "hinky" I guess. But I guess I'm thankful she agreed to prescribe me any amount and was swayed by the convincing data of the lower dose studies.

So now a bit more about me. My drug of choice isn't alcohol, but I do enjoy my glass of wine. My first drug of choice was food - and lots of it. To the point where I had gastric bypass surgery. Lost lots of weight - problem solved right - Wrong. It turns out not only myself but many others turned to other addictions after gastric bypass surgery. Myself opiates and benzos.

I won't bore everyone with the entire saga, but will leave it with the fact that I've been clean for over a year now from the opiates and benzos. Would like to stop drinking wine. I drink about 3 bottles a week. I'd also like the cravings to go away. Shopping cravings, drug cravings, wine cravings, food cravings, all of them. It was the shopping thing in Dr. Ameisen's book that grabbed my attention, that made me really think that these are all flip sides of the same coin - GABA-B dysfunctions of some sort that just manifest themselves in different ways.

Some of you have mentioned a doctor in Chicago that has helped them obtain Bac, or some online ways to obtain. Or if any of you know of a sympathetic doc in Salt Lake City, would you email me.

So for now I have a 30 day supply. I've had no adverse side effects and feel wonderful. Cravings have been moderately suppressed.

I also take loads of vitamins and take weekly IV nutrient Myers cocktails from a great naturopathic doctor.

I'd appreciate any advice from you experts out there. Thanks.

Lisa
    :thanks:

Just Got My Baclofen

Alas, there are no experts!

Hi Gator, and welcome!

Did you go straight to 30? I'm curious. Also, check here https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ion-47247.html I'm unfamiliar with USA geography, so perhaps you're next door to somewhere in there that will make life easier?

I'm very interested in following you're progress. Baclofen is supposed to work on addiction, as you know, not just booze, so it'll be interesting checking out how that works. My fear, if I have one, is that shopping, for example, isn't a life threatening compulsion, and the motivation behind killing the compulsion may not be there if that's the case. Please understand that I'm not making light of it, I'm just airing my thoughts.

Do you plan on going higher, and how will you go about it. Many of us here had to order online to get to a high enough dosage. Works just the same!

Good luck Gator.

Comment

Just Got My Baclofen

Bedtime for me Gator, I'll stop by tomorrow. Wanted to say, :welcome: and Good for you!
      Ne

Comment

Just Got My Baclofen

Hi Gator, looks like you've quite a list of compulsions there; in theory, bac should treat them all.

It'd good your doc is willing to prescribe bac for addiction, but of course the 30mg/day level is woefully inadequate. Getting your supplies through a doctor would be the preferable option, and I'm sure someone will pop over with Dr Levin's contact details sometime soon, but if you decide to go the on-line route, I use 4RX.COM and never had any problems with them. Others use different on-line companies but I have no personal experience of them. Just be cautious when buying meds on-line because there are more fake pharmacy websites than any other category.

And :welcome: btw.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

Just Got My Baclofen

Thanks for all the welcomes. So far so good. I've been "titting" up (I've been lurking). I started at 5mg 3x per day. No problem. Did that for two days. Went to 10 mg 3x per day. Again, feeling great. No SE's at all. My doc had me on Suboxone for the opiates. I completely forgot to take it - didn't consciously try to not take it, but just forgot to. Anyone who has been addicted to opiates knows that just doesn't happen. Your body tells you pretty strongly that is "time" for your fix - probably not unlike alcohol. My goal had been to stop taking it eventually, but never expected results this fast.

I went ahead and ordered online from goldpharma.com. That was one of the ones that some of you recommended on the past threads. Next time maybe I'll try 4RX.com. I may try Dr. L if someone will send me the contact info as that would be quite a bit cheaper. Or I may just try the shotgun approach and just call docs and see if any will prescribe? I'll also check the list you guys have generated - great resource! It just confounds me that the docs are more than willing to prescribe this other stuff that is much more dangerous and less helpful, but not Bac. Oh well, I'm sure we could all go off on the medical profession forever.

Comment

Just Got My Baclofen

Thank you for sending me the contact info for Dr. Levin. He got me set up with a prescription that only costs me $10 now for a months supply. I'm up to 100mg now. When I first bump up I find myself getting really drowsy. I'm taking it 40/20/40 now. But by the end of the week the drowsiness has subsided. I was just wondering when the indifference hit for you all (that have reached it)? Was it a gradual thing or did was it more like a switch suddenly being turned on?

Comment

Just Got My Baclofen

For me it was when I reached the right level, as stupidly obvious as that sounds. About 4 or 5 days after you increase, baclofen builds up enough in your system, and suddenly, you don't want a drink. That's what happened to me.

Some time has passed since then, and I now think it's more complicated than that, but that's certainly what it felt like at the time.

And I'm extremely jealous of your $10 per month outlay on baclofen!

Comment

Working...
              X