Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Ameisen: I will no longer post on MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My post of a few days ago was only there to help patients.
    I thought that, like on most places, intelligent debate takes place here.

To the contrary, I saw virulent and personal insults directed at me that were based not on facts, not on science but on hate or jealousy. Tons of accusations of lie.

I have never encountered a forum with members of such incompetence and hatred.
    There are many places where I can inform patients and help save their life and encounter gratefulness.
    Helping incompetent angry individuals is useless for both you and me. I will continue help people who want to learn more.

On this forum, you have people who fabricate facts. One of your members used to finish all her post with:

"I owe my life to having read "Heal Thyself" by Dr. Olivier Ameisen who got me cured." This same member now has changes her version:
    "I owe my life to 300mg of baclofen".
    I find this behavior extraordinarily cruel and irresponsible.
    The reader will continue to die because, unlike that patient who used "Heal Thyself" to get personally cured because the formula of my discovery of how to reach the life-saving dose is where she read it and everybody can read it.
    How sick can one be to suppress from each post the solution that helped the very person who posted to survive. Does this person wish to be one among the few survivers?

The goal for my writing "Heal Thyself/The End of My Addiction" was to save as many lives as possible. I devoted more than three years of my life to it.

I should say that any info I share in France is given to all.

While I received beautiful emails of gratitude, some people on MWO are here with an agenda that seems far away from that that of helping other.

If "Heal Thyself" is covered by "Science" and mandatory reading in many major universities, it is because that this book saves lives as it has on this forum. But the fact that some, cured on the forum, often through my direct intervention are trying to block others in their path in for example taking out "Ameisen and Heal Thyself" are the reasons for which I survived" and now write "300mg are the reason for which I survived" raises the question of ulterior motives of such individuals.

I am on the side that fights to help survival.
    Therefore, I hereby terminate my participation in MWO which I consider immature and unhealthy, or at least as long as the forum does not become a "normal" forum.

Cheers,
    Dr Ameisen

Please, please someone tell me that this is not the result of long-term, high-dose baclofen. I don't think it is. I would have done better at my highest dose but I also would have done better skunk-faced drunk.

What is going on?

Comment

Dr Amieson, I am not a user of bac but I'm so glad many here have found relief through the use of baclofen. It is heartwarming to see this.

However, people are people and as much gratitude you were shown, there will always be naysayers but this does not make up the bulk of bac users on this forum who will be forever grateful for your book and experience.

If you look at all of the responses the percentage of skeptics are a VERY small percentage.

I thank you for the time you have taken to address our forum and hope you will post again.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Zenstyle;1178593 wrote: Sorry SK... that is not Dr A hun... I'll PM you...
        If it isn't it shows how open and vulnerable people on this forum, and those who look up to Dr OA are. If he is the real deal I hope he can reassure people on this whole issue. People say I'm a sceptic. I am all for a cure for alcholism, however I'm a realist and always want to know the pitfalls or potential problems. It can be easy to rush in with anything, then find years later there is a problem but only when people are suffering further or there is a scare about the medication or technique.

Comment

If that's true that it is not Dr. Ameisen, then that means that it never was? So Dr. Ameisen never posted here?

It's possible, but in the Science article published in May, Ameisen complained that he was being shut out by the research group in the Netherlands study. They responded that they were ignoring him because of his very long and I gathered between the lines, incoherent emails. I read the same thing posted here from someone who corresponded with him. TerryK posted earlier today that he responded to one of Ameisen's posts here in the last couple days with inquiries via email. He received a reply and posted that email address for me today. If Ameisen's posts here are suspect, so is that email address.

I don't think it's that complicated.

Comment

If it is some kind of deception, it goes back to 2005. The same email address that TerryK gave me today appears in this article:

http://www.baclofene.org/wp-content/...edisorders.pdf

Comment

dazed;1178608 wrote: If it is some kind of deception, it goes back to 2005. The same email address that TerryK gave me today appears in this article:

http://www.baclofene.org/wp-content/...edisorders.pdf

I think the email is genuine, if you run it through google it's in umpteen scientific articles.

Comment

Posted in error.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

dazed;1178587 wrote: Please, please someone tell me that this is not the result of long-term, high-dose baclofen. I don't think it is. I would have done better at my highest dose but I also would have done better skunk-faced drunk.

What is going on?
                  This would be a question asked by a few of us. I tend to doubt it. He wouldn't be the first brilliant and eccentric personality to discover a life changing thing for society. Yes, that is the term I've decided to use for our online forum. The bottom line at least for me is, he made a life-altering discovery for the better, in my case (and many of you). For this, he deserves some semblance of respect.

Dr. A, when you said this is our battleground, I thought you said it because you understood what happens around here, more frequently than some of us would like to admit. There's some pathology in the meds threads. Many of us have issues. I am no exception when I say this. I truly wish your original last post here, was you last post...for the time being. Whatever is going on with you and your anger with us, it shouldn't have been brought here.

Dazed, I don't want to kick you when you are clearly feeling down, but the fact that you took his thread and threw a huge temper tantrum is unfortunate. You did it right after he said he wouldn't be back, demanding answers. I understand you aren't feeling well and that baclofen may not be working for you (then again, who would know if it could work. You haven't shared a thing about yourself, your dosing, what you're doing- nothing). You claim you've done all sorts of reading around here, yet if you had, you'd realize many have been greatly helped or even cured with this drug. I suggest you start your own thread with what you're doing, and what you're going through. Just like was suggested to you by Ig many posts ago. There's a wealth of information here. Maybe we could help you. And then again, maybe not. Maybe this isn't the drug of choice for your alcoholism. I know others have found this to be true. For the others, the pervasive negativity in that baclofen hasn't worked for you, is getting tiresome. You're the first to jump in the minute anyone is getting frustrated or questioning their tolerance of the SEs. And the SEs are no joke. They are very real and intolerable by many. As I've said before, I believe this may prove to be an obstacle in future baclofen studies.

Murphy, when I said he and Dr L had close personal contact in Chicago, I did mean close. Not the close you may be thinking of :H, but close enough he would have been able to see his drinking patterns, even in the evening. He was not drinking. I didn't ask if he had a drink, but he certainly wasn't drinking alcoholically.

This was Dr. A, I believe. When I hit my switch I wrote to him and personally thanked him. He wrote me back from the email in question.
                  This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Posted in error.

Comment

Well, I don't know what he'd have to gain Murphy. He doesn't charge people very much, some nothing. He's not getting rich off the whole thing. I suppose he could be trying to gain prestige, but if this doesn't work for many, he'll be the laughing stock among his colleagues. The bottom line is, it works for some people. I believe it worked for you and that is why you're here. Or are you here to make me laugh almost daily? :H

Comment

Red, I think we're getting rather side-tracked here. Yes baclofen works, Dr L knows it and wants it to be used by more people. I didn't suggest Dr L had anything to gain personally.

Comment

Oh, okay.

Comment

I don't understand this either.

i wish I had more information about Baclofen. It doesnt work for everybody.

I wish that there were more GP's and Abuse centres who would use it in the way it should be.

I wish it was the way out.

Its a frightening thing to do when you have no professional support and have no idea of what the side effects will be or if it interacts with other drugs you may be on, either taking illegally such as ketamine, or prescribed such as SSRI's and diazepam.

I wish we all knew more, and also it's even harder for people who don't have the money to see doctors who do support Baclofen as the only 2 I know of in the UK are private, and far out of my reach both finacially and geographically.

My Way Out helps, but I agree that it can be confusing. There are so many differeny oppinions and different forums and different ways.

All I want ultimately is a way out.

Comment

[quote]Solo;1178913 wrote:
                              Originally posted by Solo View Post
                              i wish I had more information about Baclofen. Read.

Solo;1178913 wrote: It doesnt work for everybody.??? By everybody do you mean you? How do you know?

Solo;1178913 wrote: I wish that there were more GP's and Abuse centres who would use it in the way it should be.There will be. It's new.

Solo;1178913 wrote: I wish it was the way out.
                              It is.

Solo;1178913 wrote:
                              Its a frightening thing to do when you have no professional support and have no idea of what the side effects will be or if it interacts with other drugs you may be on, either taking illegally such as ketamine, or prescribed such as SSRI's and diazepam.

I wish we all knew more, and also it's even harder for people who don't have the money to see doctors who do support Baclofen as the only 2 I know of in the UK are private, and far out of my reach both finacially and geographically.
                              Yep. You're on your own with a whole bunch of other people who felt like they were on their own. We're all here. Many of us are not anonymous. Many of us have found relief. Some of us are still actively posting.
                              Everything you need to know is here.

Solo;1178913 wrote:
                              My Way Out helps, but I agree that it can be confusing. There are so many differeny oppinions and different forums and different ways.
                              What's confusing? Take the pills. Make a plan to deal with the SEs should they arise. It's not so confusing as it is difficult when you're actively drinking against your will.

Solo;1178913 wrote:
                              Originally posted by Solo View Post
                              All I want ultimately is a way out.
                              I hear ya', sister. Hang in there. We've all be there. Even OA.

Comment

Working...
                              X