Antabuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse?

imagine;88157 wrote: Dasher thanks for the update!

Congratulations on 2 weeks AF!!!!

:good: :wd: :yougo: :armsaround:
    Many thanks, this site and all the great people on it really helps and makes a huge difference.

Much love
    dasher
    xxx

Comment

Antabuse?

awesome job!!!!! Dasher!!!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Antabuse?

well done Dasher! im following this intently as i am trying to get my partner to try antabuse he is just like you gets depressed and just drinks to the point of shut down, i do hope you suceed.

Comment

Antabuse?

Excellent job Dasher! Antabuse is yet another tool to help us. It sounds like it's working great for you. I have often thought I needed a babysitter. Antabuse would do that. I am actually thinking about trying it short term until Campral kicks in. So what is Haribo?

Maggie

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi all, thanks for the interest and support. I saw my GP walking in town today and he is wanting me to keep him updated between check-ups, as I am apparantly the first of his patients to use antabuse! Oh well I've been called many things in the past, so may as well add Guinea Pig to the list

Maggie, Haribo are a childrens brand of fizzy sweets that make your nose tingle! Faaaannnnntastiiiiccccc

Much Love
            Dasher
            xxx:l

Comment

Antabuse?

Awesome dasher!

Yeah, I was a guinea pig w/ Campral with my doctor(I asked him for it) I was his first patient to try it & since then he told me 5 others are now on it.

Congrats on 2 weeks.

Stealing a quote from Santa...."On DASHER!" Way to go!
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi all and thanks for the support. Seabreeze, I love your jokes on the lol section, I'm afraid there's been plenty of 'copy n pasting' going on

Well, week three completed and I'm feeling on top of the world. The weeks are flying by and I'm even popping into the village pub with ease again, knowing that I have my magic pills protecting me, I'm not even wanting to drink.
                I used one of my partner's face wipes last night though and my whole face turned red, I didn't realise that it contained alcohol (what a spanner?), but the red face didn't last long, and it taught me to be extra careful.
                I now drink bottled soft drinks when I'm out and about, in order to ensure that no joker spikes my drink. I feel as though my life is gaining a rhythm again, and if that means I have to rely on these pills for the rest of my life, then that's a small price to pay.
                I know it sounds odd, but it's as though I have an angel on my shoulder now.:h

much love
                dasher:l
                xxx

Comment

Antabuse?

Dasher, thanks for the update!

I'm so glad you are doing well

Hugs,
                  Rachele

:h :h :h :h

Comment

Antabuse?

That's awesome.

Isn't it nice that in a way that Antabuse is showing you to take on more responsibility of taking better care of yourself (ie. being more careful what you eat, what you put on your face (hee, hee~sorry, couldn't help myself)) because you deserve it.

I found that after I decided that AF is the way for me that I am watching what I'm eating, exercising more-etc. When I drank....I drank poison to put it in a nutshell. I ate like crap.

Now I'm more careful and aware of what goes in my body-well except for an occasional BOWL of ice cream (or 2)!

I'm glad you're doing great. :yay:
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Antabuse?

Morning all,
                      Thought I should check in and post as the downside is MASSIVE, one of my 'friends' decided on Saturday night that it would be a jolly hoot to spike my drink!!!!!!! So in her wisdom she put a double vodka in my wheat grass smoothie. Please bear in mind that this was at a dinner party and not some hectic pub, my guard was down and I assumed all would be well. Needless to say the reaction was dreadful, I couldn't breathe properly, my face ballooned, and I was violently sick. My friends dialled 999 and I was rushed to A&E, it's taken me two days to recover and now I'm culling friends.
                      I hope these posts help others

Much love
                      dasher:l
                      xxx

Comment

Antabuse?

Oh My God Dasher!

It could have been worse!

I would say that "friend" owes you a big apology.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Hugs,
                        Rachele
                        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi Dasher~

How deadful! That was one of the reasons my Dr. didn't want me on it - accidental intake.

Glad your better.

p.s. friends like that....who wants enemies (ouch).

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi there

I used antabuse for around 9 months and would recommend it. I was very apprehensive at first with the long list of things you cannot eat or use that contain alcohol. It's a fairly extreme measure but it forces you not to be able to drink and without it i wouldnt be where i am now - sober for 11 months. Sober, happier, fitter and loving it!

Good luck - maybe look at the antabuse as an emergency measure until you 'learn' your behaviour without drink.

wishing you well

sophieS

Comment

Antabuse?

Thanks so much for the updates. Here is another forum hat has lots of info on Antabuse: topix.net/forum/drug/antabuse

I got my prescription for Antabuse from my doctor today. I am somewhat of a weekend binge drinker and actually have been behaving pretty well lately, but in the end it is still a waste of time and money. I feel pretty good about the Antabuse, as I am more addicted to the social scene than the alcohol itself. It's just too easy to wander down the street to the local pub every weekend and a little scary to have to completely revise my social life.....but I am ready to draw the line and just make alcohol no longer an option. Like Dr. Phil says..."How's that been working for you". Um, it's not! Hello Antabuse.

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience (that friend owes you bigtime!) but at least we now know the stuff works! Which is exactly what I want....alcohol, not an option, period.

Comment

Antabuse?

Your friend's ignorance is deplorable. I am completely appalled at her lack of respect for your decision not to drink!

I am also Thanking God heartily that you are okay, Dasher.

I feel optimistic that the serious consequences of her actions will convince your friend never to try such a harebrained stunt again when one of her friends has decided not to drink! Geez! I am sputtering with aggravation! *#^%#^!!

Glad again that you came through it okay!
                                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X