Antabuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse?

Arlen and Kali, I want to say that I wish I had thought twice about my posts... I do not want to discourage you or in any way dampen your optimism! I think our optimism is one of our greatest allies! Let me tell you that whatever tool is best or is not best, one will work and we will all work together to help you find it. It is very important to understand that you will succeed and that you are among friends! You are never alone in this!

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi ChooseToBelieve,

Thanks for the posts. I have been taking the antabuse for 4 days now... No it does not kill the cravings, but I am not drinking out of terror of going to the ER and getting really sick... I feel so much better in control, so I will keep taking it for now.. I take the L-Glutamine and that does help with the cravings... I'm just so thankful to be sober for now.

Thank you for posting...don't worry about your posts, they were helpful.

Kali

Comment

Antabuse?

Oh yes, I wish you all the best on the Topa.... I hope that it works well for you. Remember, we're here for you too.

:-)

Comment

Antabuse?

Hello Dasher, never left a message before but i read your postings and felt drawn, I have ordered Antabuse from abroad as I am too afraid to go to a DRs where the prob would go on my records and may well affect my employment or future prospects. I am stuck in a rut, have cut myself off from friends focusing only on work family and home but then resenting it, i put on weight drink and am depressed which came first?? My hubbie is reasonably aware of the problem but chooses to ignore it rather than face up to as he finds it difficult to talk about yet he tells me he has concidered leaving or throwng me out. I have told him clearly I have a problem but because he doesnt know what to do he does nothing! Sorry to ramble I am not trying to shift blame just to present a fuller picture, any how the main question is ; how can i find some alcohol free toiletries deodrant sun cream hand cream etc.. all i have already seem to have some form of alcohol in HELP i really want to break the cycle

Comment

Antabuse?

A lot of toiletries these days are alcohol free and often say so on them. I know Biotherm makes a lot of alcohol-free toiletries. Also, I understand that not all people on Antabuse react to a small amount of alcohol in toiletries. you could try a little on a small part of your skin to see if you react.

I have been trying to get Antabuse but my Dr won't prescribe and I didn't think you could get it from overseas. What country do you live in? I don't think they will let it be sent into EU countries, will they?
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Antabuse?

Hi Tigger & Welcome-

Since Dasher has gone into rehab I have not heard from him. I wish him well.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Antabuse?

tiggerific;161202 wrote: Hello Dasher, never left a message before but i read your postings and felt drawn, I have ordered Antabuse from abroad as I am too afraid to go to a DRs where the prob would go on my records and may well affect my employment or future prospects. I am stuck in a rut, have cut myself off from friends focusing only on work family and home but then resenting it, i put on weight drink and am depressed which came first?? My hubbie is reasonably aware of the problem but chooses to ignore it rather than face up to as he finds it difficult to talk about yet he tells me he has concidered leaving or throwng me out. I have told him clearly I have a problem but because he doesnt know what to do he does nothing! Sorry to ramble I am not trying to shift blame just to present a fuller picture, any how the main question is ; how can i find some alcohol free toiletries deodrant sun cream hand cream etc.. all i have already seem to have some form of alcohol in HELP i really want to break the cycle
                Hi Tigger-

I just wanted to say, it was my understanding that medical records are confidential, and are NOT given to potential employers. Wouldn't that be illegal? I am in the US and it's my understanding that employers could NOT check medical records to consider someone's employment.

I feel that it is important and beneficial to be upfront and honest with one's doctor/shrink. After all, anyone worth their salt should have at least some knowledge we dont', right? And they can't help if we dont' talk to them. Not to say that every doc is a miracle worker, and indeed it can be maddenning to find one that you're sympatico with, but when you do they should be able to help significantly if you're upfront and honest with them.

At any rate, thats' been my experience. I am having some great results, and feel like a new person with much more natural willpower, since taking some steps that my medical care practitioners advised.

If you want to hear more detail, I've posted more here... https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tml#post179193

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's lack of understanding... it can be very hard for our loved ones to understand what we're dealing with.. All I can say is communicate the best you can... I wish you much luck!!!!!

PS, Did try Antabuse for a while as well. No real side effects unless you 'test the waters' by drinking while on it, which I did.... and I got a rash and headache, etc. I find it's not a very effective deterrent, personally, because it does nothing for cravings. So, when I wanted to get drunk, I'd essentially 'set a date' to get drunk and then stop or 'forget' taking the medication accordingly..... that's just me, though, some people do find it helpful.

Comment

Working...
                X