Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of ANY cases in which naltrexone ALONE (not via TSM) helped cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of ANY cases in which naltrexone ALONE (not via TSM) helped cravings

Some clarity on Naltrexone and TSM

My post earlier was muddled. To be clear:

The Sinclair Method DOES work for many people. Some are able to cut way down by taking .50 one hour before drinking. Some have stopped drinking altogether using this method. For others it does not work.

In my case I was already drinking very little and the Naltrexone worked. But it only worked by making the wine I was drinking have no buzz - and not much taste. I still drank the same 2 glasses every night. Even without the traditional buzz I still felt fuzzy headed and got headaches etc. But it seemed to lessen my anxiety and so I kept drinking.

Most of my drinking is from anxiety and depression, and as that was not "fixed" I still drank. Does that make sense? So in effect, I was drinking "through" the Naltrexone.

Now that I have discovered 5HTP and GABA I find that has helped tremendously with the anxiety . And I have not had a drink in 3 days which is fantastic in my case!

From what I've read Naltrexone does NOT work as an anti-craving medication. Others may have had a different take on this but Dr. Sinclair makes that statement. That's why those on the TSM board keep drinking at the same level while taking naltrexone - the drug itself is supposed to automatically lessen the amount of alcohol you WANT because there's no buzz, or the buzz is different and not as appealing.

What's different about Topa and the others I really don't know. If they work on the same neuro pathways as Naltrexone does I don't understand why Sinclair says Naltrexone does not work without drinking.

Anyway, check out the TSM board. Hope I have not added to the confusion.
    Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
    (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Working...
    X