Baclofen nearly destroyed my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ne/Neva Eva;1526706 wrote: Hello again, On.Bac.

Your post is interesting but it's also full of a bunch of factual errors.
    Please elebarate on my erroneous "facts".

Ne/Neva Eva;1526706 wrote:
    moot anyway. I say that because you came here to tell us all about baclofen without (apparently) any interest in participating or learning.
    I am expected to keep my mouth shut and be docile? I post what I know through personal experience, and from my research, you're still on baclofen. What do you know about coming off from it?
    Since you seem to know the general gist of this stuff (that messing with your gaba can really mess you up if you're not conscientious) I wonder why on earth you would titrate down so dramatically, even though you had a doctor's prescription, and even though it was working for you.
    If you took the time to read and respect me as an equal, i have explained that I don't have a very secure long term supply. I was forced into withdrawal from a high doseage, and on my mediocre 80mg doseage isn't assured for life either. Out of fear that the doctor would rapidly taper me in the near future, which almost came to pass, I began tapering myself. I explained i did not taper fast, i went 10mg at a time every 2 weeks, then 5mg and at 20mg i lowered that to 2.5mg every 2 weeks. The reason I am tapering at this schedule is because at high doses I would not have had enough baclofen to taper myself safely. Now that I'm below 20mg, I feel i can take my time, although the past week i decided to reinstate baclofen because of my normal anxiety interferring with my life and i have found baclofen cures my anxiety better than benzos.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you continue to insist that baclofen is addictive, though we know, and the doctors know, and the researchers have proved that baclofen is not addictive. It seems like everything you write about it--from scoring it to having enough of it to stay at a certain level of it forever, is based on the kind of thinking that used to keep me drunk and miserable.
    I know that baclofen is not addictive, but that is misleading to an innocent bystander. Baclofen is physically dependant. Being a gold member on a drugs forum, I am more than aware of the difference in definition. If you were to tell someone, here start taking this medicine, it's not addictive. That would lead them to believe they can stop taking it and be fine, I misuse the term addictive on purpose, because you cannot live without it. The correct terminology is dependant. Your body becomes physically dependent on this substance because it agonizes your gaba recepter and your body stops producing it naturally. In essence, there has never been a such thing as drug withdrawal, there is only neurotransmitters that are insufficiently balanced and handicapped, causing you to need a drug for your body to produce that.

Most of us here titrate down after we have successfully treated our own addictions. Some people, myself included, found therapy/meditation/exercise/nutrition etc. a good adjunct to that so that we could remain healthy and happy without the crutch of addiction.
    You could do that without ever having started baclofen. Hell, that's necessary for people who don't even have addictions. Don't mislead people to believe coming off from baclofen is easy after long periods of high doses. Why would these doctors change their mind that baclofen should be used indefinitely.

Might I suggest that you start there?
    />Regardless of what you do to take care of yourself, continuing to spread information that isn't actually factual, but is written in a way that might indicate that you have some special knowledge, may actually harm other human beings. Why would you do that?

EDIT: For those reading this at a later date, please note On.Bac's other posts regarding his titration, the amounts and reasons he takes baclofen and other medications, the erroneous information he shares regarding the way baclofen works and why we take it.In other words disregard anything i've said, protect your forum, your reputation and this gabaergic drug. How about taking a look on google and outside of this place. How about not trusting me nor Ne, or any other member from this board and do your own research. Look into baclofen withdrawal, Google gabaergic drug withdrawal. This is no different than xanax or any other benzo or even what it's meant to cure, alcohol. The difference lies in that it's not "addictive" meaning that you do not crave it. That's what NE has a problem with. It's easier to stop because you most likley won't relapse due to craving. Other than that FACT, the same applies as any other gabaergic drug. I have been through withdrawal. I am currently taking the medicine, none of that matters though. Do your own research and look elsewhere than just one source, one forum, one person. Regardless of what their status is.

Ne is not a neuroscientist, a doctor, a pharmacist. She's an ex alcoholic who even debated at one time she would sober to her friend who also quit alcohol at the same time without drugs. She claimed she was sober even though she was taking baclofen. Leaning on a drug and starting another "addiction" is not being sober. Living healthy is without drugs, some of us cannot do that due to addictive personalitys, mental problems, health problems. Let's not lie to people and tell them that baclofen is not addictive, when they hear you say that and they decide to get "addicted" to it, which in my eyes means you need it to get through the day, to survive without going in withdrawal, you're lying to yourself and everyone else. Some people even hide their baclofen use.

When i give people things to think about that doesn't praise this medicine, i find I'm ridiculed, discredited, and outcast. Which is fine because i goto college where I expect people to disagree with me, but to prove me wrong with sources and literature. That's not how this place works. I'm proved wrong by forum lovers who just say, "hes wrong" based on the merit they want to protect the drug.

If went from alcohlic to baclofen, you're not drug free. You need a chemical substance to make you feel "normal" and when you play with gaba, you're in for hell as it's the worst withdrawal out there. Dispute me if you will, but this drug has worse and longer lasting withdrawal effects than heroin, opiates, and any other hard drug you can think of. It's almost identical to benzo withdrawal. Which is the longest withdrawal of all drugs.

Be warned, once you start, you can taper, without craving, but it will be painful and your body will need you to taper very slowly, maybe even over the course of a year, so be prepared to have a long standing script for it, and it's not going to be fun.
    Discontinuation of baclofen can be associated with a withdrawal syndrome which resembles benzodiazepine withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal. Which is why you won't have withdrawal from alcohol with you "switch" should be taken as a literal meaning. If you want, you can also "switch" to xanax, they all work at the same receptor site.
    Baclofen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest googling baclofen withdrawal. For each year you take it, you can expect to add an extra month of withdrawal even after slow taper. Never trust anyone. But don't discredit the OP just because he had something negative to say. We're not trying to hide the bad are we? That's just not fair to people who come here for "help".
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Life affords no higher pleasure, than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes, and seeing them gratified. He that labours in any great or laudable undertaking, has his fatigues first supported by hope, and afterwards rewarded by joy

Comment

Unfortunately my 150 mg prevents me from reading that much. It was hard to get the motivation to scroll that far.
      When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, that sounds like a serious side effect, i see how the OP could have lost his job if what you're posting is true. You should have just went full out troll and posted TL;DR;DC

Accept the things i cannot change. Do as you please. And please, continue...
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Life affords no higher pleasure, than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes, and seeing them gratified. He that labours in any great or laudable undertaking, has his fatigues first supported by hope, and afterwards rewarded by joy

Comment

If you weren't a troll you would have stated your opinion and left it there.

Playing games acting like you really wanted help and really wanted help from a doctor was a real scheme.

Please move on and allow folks to go about what they were doing.

Starting arguments and such does no one any good except you getting your rocks off whoever you really are.

Comment

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Ne is not a neuroscientist, a doctor, a pharmacist. She's an ex alcoholic."
            So what? None of us is a neuroscientist, a doctor or a pharmacists. Even you aren't, although you pretend to be an "expert" in medicines and drugs.

She's an ex alcoholic. We all are. Except for ..... you??? (Hey, who who's odd here?)

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: She claimed she was sober even though she was taking baclofen. Leaning on a drug and starting another "addiction" is not being sober. "
            Hell, yes she is. She's taking a medicine to correct a chemical imbalance in her brain and as a result she is indifferent to alcohol and if she chooses to be sober, she has that choice.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Let's not lie to people and tell them that baclofen is not addictive, when they hear you say that and they decide to get "addicted" to it, which in my eyes means you need it to get through the day, to survive without going in withdrawal, you're lying to yourself and everyone else.
            I'm afraid you're speaking for yourself only. Just because you need a medicine for a disease, would not make it addictive. Even if it means that when you stop the medicine, your disease will return.
            You wouldn't call insulin an addictive substance, would you?
            Well, then stop insinuating that baclofen is addictive.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: When i give people things to think about that doesn't praise this medicine, i find I'm ridiculed, discredited, and outcast.
            Your intention was to get information where and how to get as much baclofen as you wanted and as cheap as possible. Not to help other people, but for your own selfish goal.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
            Dispute me if you will, but this drug has worse and longer lasting withdrawal effects than heroin, opiates, and any other hard drug you can think of. It's almost identical to benzo withdrawal. Which is the longest withdrawal of all drugs.
            Be warned, once you start, you can taper, without craving, but it will be painful and your body will need you to taper very slowly, maybe even over the course of a year, so be prepared to have a long standing script for it, and it's not going to be fun.
            That's bullshit. You can safely taper down completely. But you can't do it abrubtly.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
            If you want, you can also "switch" to xanax, they all work at the same receptor site.
            Again bullshit. Xanax works on the GABA-A receptors, while baclofen is an agonist for the GABA-B receptors. You well know the difference, right?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
            Never trust anyone.
            I think that mainly reflects on yourself.
            Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

It's pretty obvious in here baclofen is not addictive. My drug of choice is... What do ya got. Alcohol is the primary. If you read posts in here, I think it's 100% of the people in here want to take as little baclofen as possible. It is such a dirty high. I can't wait until this 150 mg is accepted by my system so I can go back down to 120. Like everyone else, I want to take as little as possible. That is pretty much the polar opposite of an addictive substance. I wish u could hit ur switch and never have to take it again. Anything that is addictive, I want more more more. I honestly don't know why I bothered to post. Ur a douche and should retire back to ur world of Warcraft and bag of Cheetos. I'm not responding or reading anymore.
              When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

All well put posters before me.

Let's move on an address ours and others problems. It's best not to give much attention to these types. They feed off it.

Comment

I think that Xavier has pretty much covered the bases. I'm responding simply because much of the post was addressed to me.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Please elebarate on my erroneous "facts".
                  I started to respond by quoting the post to point out two things:

The contradictions from one paragraph to the next (or even one sentence to the next) about what and how baclofen (and drugs in general) work AND to point out the ways in which what was posted about baclofen was inaccurate.

Suffice it to say that just about every assertion about the way drugs work is quickly contradicted by the writer, and that everything written about baclofen (other than the acknowldegment that it is not addictive) is wrong.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: I misuse the term addictive on purpose,
                  On.Bac;1527064 wrote: because you cannot live without it.
                  Absurd.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: In essence, there has never been a such thing as drug withdrawal, there is only neurotransmitters that are insufficiently balanced and handicapped, causing you to need a drug for your body to produce that.
                  Completely ridiculous.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Why would these doctors change their mind that baclofen should be used indefinitely.
                  What doctors? There is no standard protocol for treating alcoholism with baclofen. The standard protocol for people who take baclofen for spasticity includes titrating up and titrating off of the drug. This is readily apparent on all of the forums

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: I post what I know through personal experience, and from my research, you're still on baclofen.
                  Based on what you have posted your experience is related to taking large amounts of baclofen because you believe it works "better than benzos." Your research thus far has included information from Wikipedia.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  What do you know about coming off from it?
                  Enough to know that taking it the way you take it is not a good idea. And also, a lot more than you do, apparently.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  The correct terminology is dependant.
                  On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  Your body becomes physically dependent on this substance because it agonizes your gaba recepter and your body stops producing it naturally.
                  Wrong.

The rest is wrong to the point of being gibberish or esoteric nonsense based on your own perceptions. Frankly it's not worth the investment of time.

You could do that without ever having started baclofen. Hell, that's necessary for people who don't even have addictions. Don't mislead people to believe coming off from baclofen is easy after long periods of high doses.

Which doctors, and where? There is hardly consensus among doctors about how to prescribe baclofen, much less what the long term protocol is.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  This is no different than xanax or any other benzo or even what it's meant to cure, alcohol.
                  Absolutely, totally and completely false and incorrect.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  The difference lies in that it's not "addictive" meaning that you do not crave it.
                  Wrong. That is not what "not addictive" means.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  That's what NE has a problem with.
                  Wrong. If I have a problem, and I don't think I do, it's that you are spreading information that is factually incorrect. Not that I think this will stop you from doing just that.

[quote]On.Bac;1527064 wrote: It's easier to stop because you most likley won't relapse due to craving.
                  You just said that you can't live without it. That you cannot stop taking it, ever. Plus, the statement itself is wrong.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: She's an ex alcoholic who even debated at one time she would sober to her friend who also quit alcohol at the same time without drugs. She claimed she was sober even though she was taking baclofen.
                  I'm not sure what example you are attempting to use. Whether or not I take baclofen has nothing to do with whether or not I am sober. I'm sober when I'm not drunk. I'm not drunk. So I'm sober! See how that works?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Leaning on a drug and starting another "addiction" is not being sober.
                  OH! Now I see what you mean. That by taking a medication daily, in the same amount, so that I can live a happy, healthy and rewarding life, I have somehow compromised your standards for what living a happy, healthy and rewarding life means. Sorry about that.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Living healthy is without drugs,
                  I should also stop taking my cholesterol medication? How about ibuprofen after I spend too much time at the gym? I hear allergy medication can cause dependence. Have I found myself a scientologist who is a gold member of an anonymous internet drugs forum?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Let's not lie to people and tell them that baclofen is not addictive,

*sigh*

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  when they hear you say that and they decide to get "addicted" to it, which in my eyes means you need it to get through the day, to survive without going in withdrawal, you're lying to yourself and everyone else.c

No one ever decides to get addicted to anything. In your eyes YOU need baclofen to get through the day, and to survive. I need baclofen to treat my disease. That's it. It doesn't make me feel any differently than taking my cholesterol medication does. Actually, come to think of it, the cholesterol medication makes my muscles ache. The ibuprofen upsets my stomach. The allergy medicine can make me sleepy. Baclofen does not do any of those things.

Originally posted by On.Bac View Post
                  Some people even hide their baclofen use.
                  Of course. If we don't we have to put up with twits and knuckleheads who don't know anything. In general, though, why would anyone share what medications they're on?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  When i give people things to think about that doesn't praise this medicine, i find I'm ridiculed, discredited, and outcast.
                  Wrong. You're ridiculed because you're ridiculous. You're discredited because your posts have little merit, and you've been asked to move on (not by me) because you're not an alcoholic and you're not interested in baclofen for the same reasons or with the same knowledge we have.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  Which is fine because i goto college where I expect people to disagree with me, but to prove me wrong with sources and literature.
                  hmmmm. I'm in college too! Guess what. A gold star is pretty easy to come by, knowledge is based on not just experience but actual learning and wikipedia is not a valid source of information at all, ever.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  I'm proved wrong by forum lovers who just say, "hes wrong" based on the merit they want to protect the drug.
                  Here are some of a very few of the articles I've read about the subject. Most of them are research. The last one is a book that you might find enlightening. I'm reading it now and it blows me away with how astute he is. Anyway. On to the factual stuff.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...nce-75493.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-46761.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ion-51736.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...sue-51720.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-59437.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...zos-65714.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ers-67101.html

This is a compilation I put together for a different forum:

Research Related to Baclofen - Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions

This is the book I mentioned:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...edy-77726.html

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: If went from alcohlic to baclofen, you're not drug free. You need a chemical substance to make you feel "normal" and when you play with gaba,
                  I have no idea what your point is. If I stop baclofen but take cholesterol medication, will I then be drug free?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: Dispute me if you will, but this drug has worse and longer lasting withdrawal effects than heroin, opiates, and any other hard drug you can think of. It's almost identical to benzo withdrawal. Which is the longest withdrawal of all drugs.
                  Completely absurd.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  Based on what exactly?

On.Bac;1527064 wrote:
                  Which is why you won't have withdrawal from alcohol with you "switch" should be taken as a literal meaning. If you want, you can also "switch" to xanax, they all work at the same receptor site.
                  Wrong.

On.Bac;1527064 wrote: But don't discredit the OP just because he had something negative to say. We're not trying to hide the bad are we? That's just not fair to people who come here for "help".
                  On the contrary, the OP is a prime example of what not to do, and I often refer to that when people are using baclofen in the way that he was using baclofen. As is your experience. Good luck.

Comment

This type of poster/thread is why we have set up the new forum. Years of this sort of crap really does nothing to help one's "anxiety" so I suggest if people get sick of this stuff they post on the new forum and stop wasting time and effort arguing with people who have little or no understanding of or experience with baclofen or any other medical treatment for this illness. I find it exasperating reading the same old sh.t about baclofen being addictive and the AA talk about not being sober if you have switched to a medical treatment.

In the immortal words Roberto Duran "No Mas". I just can't take it anymore. Stay here and argue with this moron but eventually you will get my point. Why bother?
                    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Continue to lie to people then, tell them baclofen doesn't form a physical dependence. Why have threads mentioning how important it is to stockpile baclofen. If its not dangerous and another drug dependency then take it till you run out and just quit taking it.

I'm speaking the truth from my own experience. I don't like your false information more than you like me speaking badly about your drug. I take baclofen, why not tell the good and the bad. Seems like all you wanna do is hear the good. I'm tired of argueing too.

Run out one day and see how addicted and physically dependent you are. Normal people who don't sit around googling neuroscience call it addicted when they think of withdrawal. I speak in lamens terms, however i know the difference. You'll never get off this drug, probably. You like it too much, and you're too far dependent on it.

Proving baclofen causes physical dependence. Meaning you can't live without it, and to most people in the world without an up to date education on medical terminology, means your addicted.

Comment

Xadrian;1527200 wrote:
                        Hell, yes she is. She's taking a medicine to correct a chemical imbalance in her brain and as a result she is indifferent to alcohol and if she chooses to be sober, she has that choice.
                        Her brain will never heal on baclofen. The chemical imbalance was drug induced, switching to another gaba agonist keeps those neurotransmitters handicapped. It takes a looooooong time for gaba to fully recover. Why i said it's the longest withdrawal of any drug.

Xadrian;1527200 wrote:
                        Your intention was to get information where and how to get as much baclofen as you wanted and as cheap as possible. Not to help other people, but for your own selfish goal.
                        Selfish goal? Of preventing acute alcohol withdrawal, or to cure my anxiety and prevent me from craving drugs. All addicts are selfish, and alcohol is one of the most hardcore and dangerous drugs you can become addicted to, it's just legal and socially acceptable.

xadrian wrote:
                        That's bullshit. You can safely taper down completely. But you can't do it abrubtly.
                        I said baclofen withdrawal was more severe and long lasting than heroin. You can also taper off from opiates. Heroin withdrawal peaks at 3 days and last maybe 10 days.

Gabaergic drug withdrawal last months, the minor effects can continue up to a year or more. Taper without craving yes. But let's say we're both thrown in jail and can't get out drugs. We're neither one sober if im a heroin addict and your on non addictive baclofen. I'll be perfectly fine in 10 days while you suffer for months. Oh, did i mention you could die, while i'll just be really sick. Gabaergic drugs like baclofen are insane to withdrawal from. I'm not a doctor like you said, or an expert on drugs. I said i was a gold member on a drugs forum and have been for around 8 years. I've done a lot of reading and am well rounded when it comes to different substances. It's a harm reduction forum. drugs-forum.com

Baclofen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaxadrian wrote:

Again bullshit. Xanax works on the GABA-A receptors, while baclofen is an agonist for the GABA-B receptors. You well know the difference, right?
                        Yeh i do, do you? Do you have any idea what that means other than letters? I said you can switch to benzos to deal with alcohol withdrawal.

Ethanol acts in the central nervous system by binding to the GABA-A receptor
                        , increasing the effects of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (i.e., it is a positive allosteric modulator).
                        Benzodiazepines (BZDs) are the preferred pharmacological agents for treatment of acute alcohol withdrawal.
                        BENZODIAZEPINE TREATMENT FOR ALCOHOL-DEPENDENT PATIENTS

Believe it or not "jackass" when you goto the ER (U.S.) in alcohol withdrawal, the doctors not going to give you baclofen. He's going to put you on an IV of BENZOS, assuming you're unconscious and can't take them by mouth. I guess most medical doctors are as stupid as i am when it comes to believing that exchanging one gaba-a agonist for another will work.

The dependence and withdrawal are still present with gaba-b agonist, the difference is gaba-b agonist show no development of craving. It's also very dangerous to combine alcohol and benzos, for long term treatment baclofen is better suited, because most alcoholics are prone to relapse. In theory you could use any gaba agonist to treat alcoholism.

It's not that simple though. Here's where i'll defend baclofen. Baclofen isn't just going to treat the withdrawal of your addiction. Gaba-b agonist like baclofen, are being proven to be anti craving drugs. Ethanol is a drug and you're a drug addict, we just call it alcoholic.

A POTENTIAL ROLE FOR GABAB AGONISTS IN THE TREATMENT OF PSYCHOSTIMULANT ADDICTION
                        the findings reviewed below suggest that GABAB agonists may offer a powerful method of controlling drug abuse.
                        A POTENTIAL ROLE FOR GABAB AGONISTS IN THE TREATMENT OF PSYCHOSTIMULANT ADDICTION

Alcoholism is no different than wanting to get fucked up on any other drug. You want to stimulate your mind and alter it for some reason. That's addiction. It doesn't matter what the medium is to achieve that effect, alcoholic or polysubstance abuser, both fall under the category of self medicating, an addiction.

Comment

I really don't think that there is any dialogue here. I'm not sure there could have been. Clearly On.bac is absolutely convinced that he is sharing factual information, despite the fact that he's absolutely incorrect. He's basing his facts on his own opinions about addiction and/or baclofen, not on the research and scientific evidence. He's even somewhat incorrect about the way in which the medications he mentions (all of them) work, how and why they are used and what their usefulness can be in order to deal with addiction.

Given that On.bac also consistently contradicts himself, I can't see how having a discussion and pointing these errors out will help anything. I would very much like to address the points, particularly the ones directed at me, in a civil and meaningful way. That isn't likely to do anything but exacerbate the situation.

To be clear, there is plenty of evidence around here that baclofen is not for everyone and that it is unsafe to take it and stop abruptly. But in spite of that, it is safe to take baclofen, and it is safe to titrate down on baclofen. It has been used to treat muscle spasticity in that manner for more than 50 years. One has to look no further than the information about baclofen for the treatment of spinal injury to find evidence of the safety of the drug.

I've flagged On.bac's posts, and hope a moderator steps in. Here is what I wrote:

"This guy has gone from being relatively reasonable to confrontational, irate and beyond rude. If this post, and the others that he's posted in the last 24 hours, doesn't indicate "harassment, fighting and rude" I'm not sure what would qualify."

Comment

Hi Folks, I am still new to posting. I tried Baclofen last year for a short time ( acouple of months) and I can say it started working for me immediately at 15 mgs a day. I had 2 days AF for the first time in a long time. The SEs at first were delightful: a solid nights sleep waking rested, a dramatic drop in anxiety. The problems? Well I work in a fast paced position where multitasking is a must. I just couldn't do it. The constant interruptions and distractions that are a normal part of my job and that I was able to handle well became impossible to juggle. That and it was a major effort to keep my eyes open driving home.
                            I tried my daughters ADD med and it was helpful although I had to up my dosage of Bac a bit to compensate for the craving increase. Of course I knew what I did was illegal and my Doc who was on board with the Bac was unwilling to chance prescribing the Dex when I didn't have the diagnosis. So I had to quit. I told myself that if I had been in any other simpler job I could have done it. IT DID WORK! Does anyone else have experience with Baclofen in combo with a stimulant to offset the side effects?
                            It was so exciting to be able control my craving at such a low dose and I was sure I could nix the craving all together with a slightly higher dose. ....Sorry such a long first post... I am considering Naltrexone but know little about it other than a book I am reading. ANY FEEDBACK would be greatly appreciated. My original point being IT DID WORK

Comment

Hi Nutsy,
                              Cool thanks for the post. Please see my thread or any of UKBlonde's posts for info on Naltrexone. I use baclofen and naltrexone in conjunction with good results so far.
                              Best of luck

Comment

Working...
                              X