My story with Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story with Topa

Of course, Gabby, but medicine is medicine and if we DO have the choice we ...... HEY WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING ???
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

My story with Topa

On the noise issue

It's true Anne. The noise thing is weird. There are times of the day where it just doesn't affect me, but all of a sudden it seems to set in. Like someone turning on a shower.

After having discussed with a couple of members, I'm going to hang on to the 200 mgs dose for a couple of weeks, as the ominous alcohol switch is too good to do without - you're right.
      Paddy

Comment

My story with Topa

Do you need a prescription and are'nt there side affects to be aware of?
        Blessings

Comment

My story with Topa

Hi Hope4me,
          With any meds there are side effects which can effect you. Check out the posts here and details in the research section of the my way out site. Some doctors will prescribe topa for their patients but some won't as it is officially and anti-epilepsy drug. Alcohol control and migraines are two other things it seems to help with. Because of this many people order from online pharmacies, they have a doctor who approves or not and gives a prescription and they send the meds. One good one is Buy Generic Topamax (Topiramate) Online :: Aclepsa.com
          Please be sure to read the info on this site, do you have Robertas book yet? It can be bought as a download from the health store Health Store as can supplements etc.
          Suz
          Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

My story with Topa

Hiya, I would just say it was a new health supplement, which it is really as it will affect your health!

Lorna
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

My story with Topa

My physician and I have decided to use the headache management route in my documentation as that is something Topa is regularly prescribed for.

Comment

My story with Topa

? Could you elaborate on this?
                Paddy

Comment

My story with Topa

Anne, I can understand not wanting to tell your husband about taking the topamax, I was on it for a while and just resumed taking it (today) after being off of it for 7 months. i was surprised when I first suggested to him that I wanted to go back on it...he recalled that I felt like crap on it...I put it off for a while and just told him that I was going to take it. Of course, he knows when i decide to do something that I'm going to do it regardless of what he thinks about it...the truth of the matter is, is that he only recalls enjoying drinking with me more than he enjoyed my not drinking and dealing with some of the side effects...for some reason he doesn't recall how miserable I feel just about every morning after I drink...so I decided he didn't have to be the one to approve. So, long story, long..my concern for you not telling your husband about being on the topamax is that you will be taking a powerful drug and if anything happened to you, that he, or someone would need to know. I would want my husband to tell a doctor that I was taking the drug..for example, if I was in a car accident and in order to treat me, the doctors would need to know what I was taking. I say, find a way to bite the bullet and just tell him what you are doing and in the long run, you won't have to add the stress of keeping something from him on top of your desire and attempts to stop drinking.

Good luck to you!
                  di

Comment

My story with Topa

My spouse knows I've been taking the supplements from MWO but doesn't know about the TOPA...I've been waiting to make sure it works well...so far I am into my eighth day on TOPA and seventh without a drink...I'll tell her after awhile....it came in a plain brown wrapper...as far as she knows it is just another supplement at this point.
                    :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

My story with Topa

My spouse knows I've been taking the supplements from MWO but doesn't know about the TOPA...I've been waiting to make sure it works well...so far I am into my eighth day on TOPA and seventh without a drink...I'll tell her after awhile....it came in a plain brown wrapper...as far as she knows it is just another supplement at this point...and in all honesty...that is the truth, isn't it?....
                      :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Working...
                      X