Please help me to sleep. PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meggie, I would immediately take 20 mg's (the last dose you were on). From there, I would reduce slowly, go to 10, and then to 5 if need be, giving it a week at each to be safe.

Comment

Meggie-

I agree wth Bleep. Mybe you need more baclofen.

Also, what is your alcohol intake? Can you start a thread so we can give our (non-medical) advice?

Comment

ULL: Is this my cue to say the four words I love most to say: "I told you so!"? :H:H

I don't remember where I read it, but you might be able to find the same info I did - seroquel actually offers the most "natural" sleep rhythms of any of the meds usually prescribed. And I can attest to the fact that it does not generate tolerance. I have not increased my dose for several years.

I do wonder, however, if the fact that it works so well for me, and has for so long, suggests there may be some you-know-what that it's "anti" is secretly helping, too. :nutso:

But first and foremost, I am SO GLAD you are getting some sleep. Too little for too long is, in my experience and my opinion, a huge contributor to addiction and mental imbalance of all kinds. At least, 'twas so for own self.
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Red thread I wish serequel worked like that for me. I am prescribed it by my pdoc so have been taking it for a while now anyway before my sleep problems of the last few weeks started, I started taking another med that after years of trying to find something seems to be helping my depression at long last, but i cannot sleep, tonight i have probably had around 45 mins to an hour divided up into 10 minute dozes, i have a lot to do tomorrow and am finding it hard to do anything i am so exhausted. I cannot trust myself to drive because I start going dizzy and worry about nodding off at the wheel. I see my pdoc again later this week and wil have to tell him about this but dont want to loose the possitive effects of my new med, much like peeps taking bac, dont want to stop because of the plus points but the bad things are hard to handle i think.

Comment

Awwww Bebe, sorry to hear your sleep has gone to bollocks. It really does suck arse, doesn't it? I hope you can get that sorted out soon.:l

RedThread12;1520283 wrote: ULL: Is this my cue to say the four words I love most to say: "I told you so!"? :H:H
            Please go ahead, you were absolutely correct!

Too little for too long is, in my experience and my opinion, a huge contributor to addiction and mental imbalance of all kinds.
            I absolutely agree! Sleep is just soooooooo important for both our mental and physical well-being.
            "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

How are you now getting more sleep ITLL, is the serequel working for you, if so how much do you take or is it something else you are taking/doing, please tell me as I do need some help here, after another night again of hardley any sleep I am wondering if I should try taking 75mg serequel tonight and see if that helps any. I will be asking my pdoc about it tomorrow anyway tho.

Comment

Awww Bebe I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. Yes take the Seroquel if you think that might help. I haven't taken it many times and 37.5mg is the most I've taken. I know different people need different amounts. You've tried it before though haven't you? And it didn't work?

Have you tried Nytol? I mean the proper Nytol not the pansy-arsed herbal variety. Its active ingredient is Diphenhydramine Hydrocholride, the same thing that's in the American Benadryl. Here you can get it in a Tesco with a pharmacy and its sold as 'Tesco Sleep Aid'. They may sell various versions so make sure it has Diphenhydramine in it. It will come in 2 strengths: 25mg and 50mg. You need to take 50mg.

Personally I prefer a different antihistamine called Doxylamine but I don't seem to be able to get it in the UK, just the US where it's sold as Unisom.

I'm also taking Zinc, Magnesium and Melatonin (which is something else I can't get in the UK because it's illegal for some stupid fucking reason). I'm also doing some other things that involve rebalancing my energy meridians, which help. But really the most useful thing you could do right now would be to take the Nytol/Tesco Sleep Aid, especially if you haven't had it before/recently because of the crazy fast tolerance.

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time of it, Bebe. I know how dreadful it is to go without sleep.
                "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Здесь могла б&

Разместим на сайте с ТИЦ 1700 Вашу рекламу с контекстной вечной ссылкой.
                  Смотреться будет примерно так:
                  ??????? ?????? ?????

Ждем Ваши заявки по адресу reklama@zaistinu.ru
                  Условия размещения будут высланы в ответ.

Comment

Working...
                  X