Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does it kick in?

Hello everyone,
    I'm up to 50mg a day (increasing by 10 every 5 days as directed by doc) and still want my drink every night after work... Do you have similar experiences to share?
    Thx

When does it kick in?

Start reading any of the shorter active threads and you will quickly find people who've been taking baclofen less than a couple of months.

Comment

When does it kick in?

Yes but there are a million posts about Baclofen. I figured I would ask straight out and get a few answers....

Comment

When does it kick in?

Didn't start feeling anything until 150-180mg/day, in my case. Was still drinking--usually extremely slowly and "moderately," but sometimes not, well into the 200s.

Comment

When does it kick in?

Started noticing a lessening interest in my nightly drink around 120. Been at 140-150 for 2-3 months, and I'm going to have to go up some more. Much better now than before, but the nightly wine craving is back.

Comment

When does it kick in?

Thank you. I heard the dosage had to be high and it's nice to have confirmation.
            Stuck in L.A., here's a question for you, totally out of the subject? Why "stuck"? :-) I lived in L.A. for 5 years, then 2 in Las Vegas, before returning to Switzerland.

Comment

When does it kick in?

I'm "Stuck" for a lot of reasons--most of which I never thought of until after choosing my name here. But I'm stuck here for a job, I was stuck on the roller coaster of alcoholism, stuck in old habits, stuck in writer's block, stuck with the same old women--and even new women who were just like the old ones, and the list just goes on and on.

Comment

When does it kick in?

I'm up to 100 mg/day right now and still drinking heavily. My interest in drinking has dropped off massively when I'm sober, but when I get off work...still beer time. I'm hung over more mornings than I'm not. I can see how a low dose of baclofen could help someone stay abstinent if they were trying really hard not to drink, but everything I've read suggests that a high dose is required to hit "the switch" at which point you don't have to try really hard...you just genuinely don't want to drink anymore.

Comment

When does it kick in?

In regards to baclofen the only thing given to KICK IN are the SE, few apparently experienced illusive 'switch' followed by even more illusive indifference - not willing to drink against their will anymore

Comment

When does it kick in?

I was able to reach the switch with manageable SEs, the worst beig nausea and dizziness. I think it was around 120 mgs when I started having to drink a lot less. I experienced a lot of very vivid dreams and a period of euphoria at 120 mgs as well. After a certain point (around 150 mgs/day I think) I could only handle around 4 drinks a night. And then, four nights after hitting 190, I felt sick and disgusted after only two drinks. The next day I had a HORRIBLE hangover after those two drinks, and didn't want to even look at alcohol. It was magical.

Don't listen to the negative responses. You can't know for sure how you'll handle bac but it's worth trying. If it doesn't work for you due to the SEs, you'll find out and you can always go back down. If it does work out, you'll find that you have your life back. It's worth it.

Comment

When does it kick in?

I hit my switch at 80 mgs. Due to my dr not allowing me to go up in dosage I sat at 80 for 6 weeks or so. At the start of 80 mgs I wanted to buy a bottle of wine, bring it home and drink it alone--my MO. I didn't. A few weeks later I had no thoughts of AL. I do have 1-2 drinks every few weeks and I don't want more. I didn't over drink or drink alone when titrating up. Just my choice. I maintain at 50 mgs right now.

Comment

When does it kick in?

Listen to your body is the best advice you'll get. I went up pretty high pretty fast 200mg over 14 days. I'm feeling it now with nausea and a few other SEs. Some people are absolutely decapitated at even 50mg and can't tolerate it. Other go straight to hero doses.

Are you experiencing SEs with every jump? If not then maybe up you can dose a bit more each time maybe even every 3 days instead of 5?

These are all just guide lines. I'm under the way of thinking that there's no point going up say 5mg every 3 days if your felling absolutely no SEs. You could be just making the process drag on that much longer and if your drinking heavy the whole time. Well IMO that's nothing wrong with trying to get there as quick as your body will let you.

Again just my opinion.

Partly why I'm going up so quick is I just couldn't imagine drinking the whole time going up and it maybe taking me 4-5 months. I experienced a hangover (bac over) on my second day after 5l of 5% beer and I never want to feel like that again. I can understand why that could put a lot of users off.

Comment

Working...
                        X