Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Bac women users. What are your current doses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a 54 year old woman, 130lbs and 5'5" tall. I increased my Bac dose to 40mg total after 1 week of being on 30mg total as prescribed by my GP.

I'd like to know if you reached a switch and at what dose. Are SE more common in women? I took 20mg at 8am and am now high as a kite- not in a good way.

Ugh😟

Because baclofen works on the brain, length, weight, sex and BMI are not related to the effective dose.

Although the size of the brain (not how it is used) is roughly equal between people, the effective dose differs greatly from person to person.
    This is probably because the chemical imbalance that baclofen has to correct, differs greatly from person to person.

For example, I'm male, 43 yrs old, 1.98 m (6'5") tall and 106 kgs (233 lbs). I switched at 90 mg.

There's (currently) no way to predict what your effictive dose will be.
    However, you will notice when it happens.

BTW, SE's tend to diminish over time.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I agree that height and weight don't matter, but I'll give you mine because you requested. I'm a 56 yo woman, 5'5", 130 lbs or so. I switched at 80 and went down to 40 as a maintenance dose. At 40 I had anxiety return so I went to 50. I find I'm most comfortable at 60. I take 40 in the morning and 20 around 6:30 at night. I don't have any SEs now. I had them going up and even worse going down.

Comment

I would agree that it seems irrelevant as to who, what and how you are. I'm a 35 year old guy, about 85kg's, and have taken anything from 200 to 800 mg's of baclofen. I found indifference at 400 the first time, 240 the second time, and am having success at round about 200 this time, and I think it will change the next time I write a post like this. The fact that it has gotten lower is purely random, I think.

Baclofen is highly individual. the benefit that you get from a forum like this is 100's of those individuals all contributing their individual experiences, and from that you can draw inferences. But don't try to compare, and draw conclusions from it all.

Do what you have to do. It has the power to completely change your life.

Comment

I am a 44 year old woman, 5'3" and 113lbs (I fight for these lbs :H)

I consider my switch to be 230 mgs. I could not stay at that dose as long as recommended (2-3 months) and I am trying to find my maintenance dose. It is a process. If I go below a certain number (~160) I start the mind talk.

Comment

5'7", 130#, 43yo.

Max was ~320mg in Feb 2011. I titrated way down, and then back up, in the first year. I settled at ~200mg, then ~140mg for a year or so. In January I started titrating down to 80mg, where I am now.

I think gender, as well as history of abuse, are very relevant to the discussion, but it doesn't really matter. It takes what it takes, and if you don't take enough then you can't reach indifference.

If taking a certain amount makes you uncomfortable, you could change it. The SEs change, and are definitely not defined by one level. (For instance, the low doses were really difficult for me. Once I got to about 90mg things settled down quite a bit.) 20mg all at once might be too much, and 40mg total might be better than 30mg. All in all, time makes the biggest difference.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

After my 20mg mistake, I didn't take any the rest of the day. By mid afternoon yesterday I was feeling anxious and depressed. I took 10 mg last night and had a horrible dream- so horrible that I'm weepy today just thinking about it.

I just want off of this roller coaster. I had such high hopes for this to work, and I can't even get above 25mg a day. Yesterday I had a beer at my sons baseball game and I really didn't want it- it was just habit and I didn't even finish it. 😥

Comment

According to the instructions, you can increase with 15 mg every 3 days.
                The first time I went up, I increased 5 mg every day, and took the day dose divided in roughly 3 equal doses, so no big jumps.

If you want or have to, because of SE's, you can increase slower, like 5 or 10 mg and wait a week or whatever time is necessary to diminish the SE's.

Especially at lower doses, it can be hard to increase, so don't rush it. You didn't become an alcoholic overnight, so don't expect to be cured overnight also.

It will happen, but take it easy.
                Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

SamandKatherine, just checking in to lend some encouragement- sounds like you had a rough few days recently but please know that this is a long process and it doesn't help you if you give up too quickly. Slow and steady wins the race... Please keep it up and continue to post here!
                  Best of luck to you
                  Skullbaby

Comment

Working...
                  X