Baclofen user guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen user guide

I did a search but was unable to find a FAQ or similar on how to use baclofen to stop drinking. could someone link me to one please?
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Baclofen user guide

In a nutshell, it is this:

Start at 15 mg's a day for 3 days, then every 5th day or so add 20 mg's. Depending on the severity, or lack thereof, of side effects, adjust this as you see fit, but be cautious going up too much faster. Keep doing this until cravings disappear, which can be at any number. There doesn't seem to be a way to predict what the number will be.

There have been many threads on this, but they tend to get lost in the mass of everything, and can be difficult to find. They will generally say something like this though.

Best of luck.

Comment

Baclofen user guide

neophyte;1530701 wrote: I did a search but was unable to find a FAQ or similar on how to use baclofen to stop drinking. could someone link me to one please?
      Here's one that is slightly larger than bleep's nutshell, perhaps more like a salad bowl. It was prepared by several French physicians who have been prescribing baclofen off-label in Farance for some time now. It was translated by our own inestimable Otter.

Otter;1341443 wrote:
      The English translation of the Prescribing Guide including titration schedule and informed consent form can be found at:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59463672/Prescribing-Guide-for-Baclofen-in-the-Treatment-of-Alcoholism-Don.pdf
      Boiled down, I think they say the same thing...
      With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Working...
      X