Gabapentin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin

squeezed;1631290 wrote: Every behavior affects GABA, dopamine, endorphin receptors, you moron. The mind is manifested physically in the brain. Yes, alcoholism is a brain disorder. So? Running a red light is also a function inside the brain. I am sure that GABAa and GABAb and serotonin and norepinephrine and several neuro-receptors are all involved when running a red light.

You can Google and get support for whatever idiotic crazy ideas you have in mind.

Read my post: you cannot refute any part of it.

YOU read your post. I'm not talking about "every behavior." You said that baclofen cannot stop alcoholism because alcohol hits many receptors while baclofen only works at one, GABAb. I responded with medical literature that states that baclofen does in fact modulate other neurotransmitters that are also affected by alcohol use. It's not that hard to comprehend.

squeezed;1631291 wrote:
    F this. If you really think that bac cures everything, or gluten-free, or probiotics will cure you, then this is just a totally nonsense site. Support is great, but this is just cognitively challenged.

This is so F'ing ridiculous: claims that BAC cures alcoholism, or cocaine use, or MJ use. Also autism/alcholism/fatigue/old age are all due to gluten/candida/vitamin deficiency/vaccines. It is not a matter of keeping an open mind; it is that these claims are fucking nuts! Just because you are an alcoholic doesn't mean you get a pass posting absolute bollocks.

Terry K, whatever his personal inclinations, is a ding idiot. He scours Google for articles, with absolutely no understanding about biology, medicine, or science. Not even clinical studies. He has repeatedly posted crap.
    YOU ARE RAVING. Who here has ever said that baclofen cures EVERYTHING? Gluten? Probiotics? You are delusionally obsessed.

In your 2+ years of posting on MWO (under various usernames) you've done *zero* to prove that you have any qualification, education, or real understanding of the biology, medicine, or science you claim to know about. Your only tack is to insult, taunt, and intimidate others into thinking that they don't know what *they're* talking about - no evidence, just because you say so.

None of what you've ever written here about me resembles reality (not that I care), but the fact that you would make up and post lies about my real life identity and address, claiming to have "traced" me by reading my post history proves just how full of shit you really are.

-tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Gabapentin

squeezed;1631290 wrote: Every behavior affects GABA, dopamine, endorphin receptors, you moron. The mind is manifested physically in the brain. Yes, alcoholism is a brain disorder. So? Running a red light is also a function inside the brain. I am sure that GABAa and GABAb and serotonin and norepinephrine and several neuro-receptors are all involved when running a red light.

You can Google and get support for whatever idiotic crazy ideas you have in mind.

Read my post: you cannot refute any part of it.
      Here is this poster's best effort yet. "the mind is physically MANIFESTED in the brain". Wow.

We can all go home now.

And, in the morning, we can all phone our doctors and say, "hey, can you fix my mind? I think my Id is acting up, or maybe my SuperEgo or my Seat of Pleasure, not sure which."
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Gabapentin

S

I know where you work.

Go away. This isn't good for you.

One phone call and you are finished.

Just like you did to Levin.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Gabapentin

Terry, I learned a great deal from this post and i saved it for later. i wouldn't waste time on squeezed, he doesn't argue against you with anything of substance and isnt worth your time.
          01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Gabapentin

squeezed;1631433 wrote: TerryK, TerryK.....go Google some more articles.

You don't know what the F you are talking about, but thanks for being the idiot-savant who links to every baclofen article on Google. Yeah, yeah, baclofen blocks norepinephine receptors in some species of lab rats. So F'ing what? I've killed a few lab rats as an undergrad.

You really don't have a clue. I'm glad that baclofen has cured you of your alcoholism, but how about rising from your basement zombie-like existence and getting a job?

GABA. Endorophins. Norepinephrine. Serotonin. In rats. What the F do you know about alcoholism in humans? Google that.
            No evidence, no substance, only insults. It's pretty clear that you aren't capable of anything else.

As I've tried to get through your thick skull before, I use the NLM MEDLINE database (with MeSH terms and filters) to find medical literature, and I've used MWO's own search engine to figure out that it's the same, repressed sadist (with multiple usernames) behind your repetitive monomaniacal ranting here.

As far as employment goes, I've been lucky in that my alcohol abuse didn't destroy my career and I was able to keep my job during even the roughest times, including through a difficult titration on baclofen to the present. I certainly had some close calls, and there were definitely times when I let the people that depended on me down. That is history.

You on the other hand, brag about being tenured. Well of course, you'd have to be. Someone like you couldn't survive if their job depended on: getting along with, and being valued by their colleagues, or making positive contributions in their field, or doing anything other than poisoning the existence around them.

If it's true, you've evidently fooled 'em for just long enough and now they're stuck with what I'm sure is seen as the incurable STD of your department at the community college, vocational school, dung heap, or whatever - and I'm sure everyone just loves you for it. No wonder you spend so much time here. I'd feel sorry for you, if I didn't feel so terrible for anyone that has to deal with you in person.

And really, how ironic is it that you would call me a zombie, when *you're* the one who keeps resurrecting himself with new usernames after repeatedly being banned from this forum.

Lastly, it comes as no surprise that you killed rats in college, I'm sure that it was for pleasure and outside of class. It fits along with your probable bedwetting and firestarting, and pretty much confirms everything we already know about you

Get some professional psychiatric help, and then get a life.

-tk
            TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Gabapentin

What the hell are we talking about? Can someone please just try and explain to me the difference(s) in Gabapentin and Baclofen -at least in how the brain responses may be different.

Get ready for one thing; the new director of NIH-alcohol and drugs is about to start touting Gabapentin as the new/best response to alcoholism. So, can we please hear the facts regarding this issue?

Comment

Gabapentin

spiritwolf333;1631743 wrote: What the hell are we talking about? Can someone please just try and explain to me the difference(s) in Gabapentin and Baclofen -at least in how the brain responses may be different.

Get ready for one thing; the new director of NIH-alcohol and drugs is about to start touting Gabapentin as the new/best response to alcoholism. So, can we please hear the facts regarding this issue?

Spirit- I've been working on a more complete answer for you, but due to being short of time and an abundance of fuckwittery afoot here, I'm not done yet.

Here's a short answer: Baclofen and Gabapentin act primarily at different receptors (GABAb for the former, a2d for the latter). The chemical cascade of cellular/intercellular signalling that is initiated by both drugs is complex and may involve: dopamine, serotonin, noradrenaline, glutamate, substance P, protein kinase C, +others, which are/may be involved in addictive behaviors. Scientists don't have it all sorted out yet, don't expect anyone here to figure it all out . I am reading through a pile of papers, but this is the one that caught my eye first:

Inhibition by GABA, baclofen and gabapentin ... [Eur J Pharmacol. 1983] - PubMed - NCBI

Inhibition by GABA, baclofen and gabapentin of dopamine release from rabbit caudate nucleus: are there common or different sites of action?

Reimann W.
                Abstract
                Slices of rabbit caudate nucleus were preincubated with [3H]dopamine then superfused and stimulated electrically. Baclofen, GABA and gabapentin 10(-4) and 10(-3) mol/l reduced the stimulation-evoked overflow of tritium in a similar manner. The effects of the substances were reinvestigated while one of them was present in a high concentration throughout the superfusion. These interaction experiments showed that baclofen and GABA have a common presynaptic site of action which is different from that of gabapentin.

-tk

Comment

Re: Gabapentin

Just wanted to say this is a great thread with lot's of great info (it's amazing how much info you can find on here when you figure out how to use the search function properly, haha).

I'll add my own experiences with gabapentin here when/if I have them.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

I thank you for commenting on this post. I was last active in this forum regularly around the time posts like this were made, it was so nice to go back and read the passionate discourse of the previous posters.

To see the names that were influential for me when I was first introduced to baclofen was a great walk down memory lane.
                    Last edited by Stevo; September 2, 2021, 01:22 AM.

Comment

So haven't had the best experience with Gabapentin (but I may just have an atypical reaction to it, which is not uncommon for me), I may still give it another shot but here are some notes about my experience with it from my journal:

Medication update: tried gabapentin today for the first time, maybe I just have an atypical reaction to it but it's definitely a weird one, felt very druggy, almost a bit like I was stoned (mild euphoria, mixed with some anxiety, and general weird feeling - almost like mix of stimulation/sedation). Wasn't that effective at symptom relief either, though it mellowed out a bit after a couple hours. It wasn't a terrible evening but doesn't seem like something I'd want to take every day (let alone 3x a day), more like something you'd want to take once in a while to get high, lol.

Tried gabapentin again in the morning: Feeling weird, almost like I'm stoned, mild auditory hallucinations, occaisional anxiety. There is sort of a feeling of heaviness, but I'm still feeling kind of restless at the same time. Basically I'm sitting here feeling a bit restless but I also don't want to do anything. Feeling pretty of depressed and like I can barely function. It also isn't helping that much with the irritability / dysphoria feeling that I've had since waking up. Spent about half the morning just staring at my computer screen not even being able to decide what to do. The effect seemed to wear off after about 3 and half hours and I had some pretty bad rebound anxiety and restlessness. Took a ΒΌ diazepam and feeling a bit better now.
                      Last edited by Mulburry; September 22, 2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X