Gabapentin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapentin

bleep;1603319 wrote: Wowsers, I had completely forgotten what his feels like. Twitching insomnia. It's passing now thankfully.

Definitely a call to the pharmacy is in order.
    What page are we on?

Comment

Gabapentin

Oh Glass, you troll

Hey Glass, Why didn't you just stop while you were ahead?

glass;1603335 wrote: Well, I am just a troll here
      "If I don't go crazy, honey, I'm going to lose my mind." Son House

Comment

Gabapentin

No no no. No troll crap here dude. I don't care if there is a troll on this thread or not.

Bleep, gabapentin is not going to be the answer for not making good decisions. I was able to drink right through gabapentin's help that one time. I had a couple drinks spaced out today. I already know this works. I've said many times....I'm not capable of a couple...ever. So the point this far for be is will it quit working. HEEEEYYYY!!!!! I think this is exactly one month since I got my prescription. I have been drunk 2 times in one month and the first time, I was only taking 600 mg for a couple days. Well that's kind of a cool look back for me. I have basically been drunk once in a month. Pretty cool. I think the point with anything is to have in mind what u want. Right now, I have decided I want to live like this. If I can have drinks here or there, that's fine with me. I just don't want to go overboard. I think once I get back home, I'll get out of vacation mode and not indulge in a few.

I see some comparisons to baclofen and gabapentin. I will give my contrasts. I feel like I am not taking medication. I feel normal (not a normie). I don't feel zonked out. I am sleeping good, but I don't wake up so tired I'm confused at 2 AM. This has worked longer than the other (that is just for me. I see bac working longer for others). I can still slightly here that keep drinking voice sometimes, but it is super faint and easy to push aside IF I WANT. When baclofen worked, that voice just straight wasnt there.

So mostly, the contrasts for me are all positives. Anyways, I'm one person.... One person that's awesome!!!!
        When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Gabapentin

Shit JD, I just realised what a derail I am guilty of. My apologies. If you don't mind, I'll finish here with one more post simply for the sake of continuity, and then bow out.

Thanks for the comparison, and sadly what you say is true concerning good decisions. It seems a new approach is called for, rather than a new medication. As always, I am seeking a quick and easy fix to my problem. What I need isn't just something to quiet the voice that calls for a drink, it is an attitude that doesn't want it because I have proved over and over to myself that it's a fuck up.

Saying all this, having come down on baclofen after being on it for a short while, the cravings are back, and they suck. So I will be going back up to shut them up, while I reassess my options.

Back to you JD...

Comment

Gabapentin

gapapentine for alchol cravings/ addiction? its normally used for epilepsy, a client i have takes it regularly
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Gabapentin

Yeah it works on the same part of the brain as baclofen. I don't pretend to know about that stuff. The first studies I read were released in November... At least that's the date google had for the news articles.

Bleep, I didn't derail anything. That's a valid question.... Does gabapentin make me overcome myself (I'm simplifying what ur saying, but I get it)? In my case, it didnt. I would think its a great alternative to those others spoke of that couldn't handle the SEs of bac and quit taking it. I was one of those people. I actually called Evan and had a talk with him about liquid and SEs. I decided not to try it. Shortly after in desperation, I googled some more and found fresh articles on gabapentin. Super glad I did.
              When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Gabapentin

littlepinkcat;1603466 wrote: gapapentine for alchol cravings/ addiction? its normally used for epilepsy, a client i have takes it regularly
                JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Gabapentin Treatment for Alcohol Dependence:  A Randomized Clinical Trial gives good results for gabapentin and alcoholics.

That, together with JD's tale is persuading me to look at gabapentin as a partial replacement for baclofen. My SE's with baclofen are the daytime somnolent periods, insomnia and the less than mind-blowing orgasms. Any reduction in these side-effects will be gratefully received.

Comment

Gabapentin

Man Colin I don't know if mixing meds we don't know about is good. I need to get together a list of questions for my next doctor visit in 2 months. I can ask him that. It would be cool if that worked and you could top out at 80 mg of bac from a doctor and cut out online pharmacies. My doc is pretty liberal and he was not going to prescribe me anymore bac when I came in because of crackdowns. I don't know of something is happening with that, but I really hope not. There r too many people in here that we don't want to turn lose on society drunk :H Well never mind there r still the pharmacies. Everyone left the cabin today except Tina and I, so I actually just poured a vodka cranberry. I'm watching the pond for any sign of fish cause I caught nothing. About to go watch football.

Again, I am having a few drinks a day and I like it. This is what I want for myself. I feel a little bad talking about drinking so much, but I just want to tell everything honestly. I know a lot of people shutter to think about a drink and people come in here with their lives ruined. I have been there. I couldn't imagine my life with or without alcohol. I'm currently not living in that time of my life. Right now I am a normie and god do they fucking have it made. They have no idea how lucky they have been their whole lives.

One last thing. My AA sponsor said if he was only 10 years sober and not 30, I would be dangerous to him. I said to him what I say to you... If u have something working for alcoholism in ur life, ur an idiot to change that for something that may or may not work.

Comment

Gabapentin

Ps... Colin u still have orgasms? Hahahaha. It was too much work on bac. It's a little better with gab but still a little more work than usual. Man I wish I had this pill in high school :H

Comment

Gabapentin

[quote]JDizzle;1603673 wrote:
                      One last thing. My AA sponsor said if he was only 10 years sober and not 30, I would be dangerous to him. I said to him what I say to you... If u have something working for alcoholism in ur life, ur an idiot to change that for something that may or may not work.
                      Hi JD -What mg gabapentin are you taking? If the 600mg, is it the extended release version? And seriously, what a great closing statement!

Originally posted by Colin;1603608
                      That, together with JD's tale is [i
                      persuading me to look at gabapentin as a partial replacement for baclofen[/i]
                      Originally posted by Colin;1603608
                      That, together with JD's tale is [i
                      . My SE's with baclofen are the daytime somnolent periods, insomnia and the less than mind-blowing orgasms. Any reduction in these side-effects will be gratefully received.
                      Colin -In reading some of your other posts I noticed that you already are taking gabapentin. Just wondering if the gabapentin has helped you? (or maybe it is a misunderstanding on my part). Thanks.

Comment

Gabapentin

1800 mg. 600 three x a day. 600 was the first few days of titration. My titration was about 2 weeks I think.

Anyways, I'm sharing real time. Lets get some truth. I have passed the few drink safety net. I'm on about 5 (same as bac... Kinda get loopty quick). I should say LoOpty... Cause I love the dude. Anyways, I am going to be posting tonight and now as it happens...basically cause we stayed at this cabin and Tina is now in bed sick and my dog can only hold so much conversation. So I passed the safety net and have no desire to stop. Lets see what happens BLEEP. Can gabapentin save me from me. Can it pull a garden variety alcoholic out of the garden? Hahaha that's obviously a little alcohol induced quote. But I do have a desire to not ruin my life tonight.... But it's not a night that ruins ur life. It's a string of them.

Anyone that doesn't like the drink posts, take some gab and start ur own sober post. Until then...shut up. I'm the guinea pig, not u. That's the cranberry juice talkin.

Comment

Gabapentin

Well bleep I think I hate to report that u r accountable for ur life. I know bro... It sux ass. I can't really tell because I honestly don't feel like stopping, but I think I passed that stop gene that normies have. I am in the forest man and pretty much alone in this cabin. I don't see any coke dealers walkin down this dirt road. So, I was pretty comfortable pushin it tonight. I think this almost sums it up for the night. I'll post the ending but I suspect this is how it is... U know what... I drank until I was passed out well after sunrise... Or till I found yeyo. If I do better tonight with the throttle open...victory. I will at least post my own deep thoughts for the night... I have a feeling the one in my signature will beat me.

Comment

Gabapentin

'Accountable' is the worst word ever in the whole of the English language, JD. Second only to 'consequences.' :H

Comment

Gabapentin

No, second is responsible. Dude, if I were home in dallas, I think I would have done bad. But would I have even started? If, coulda, shoulda, woulda. Who knows. I did drink a lot but got kinda burned out on it. I snacked a little and plan to snack more. I'm done drinking for the night. That is really cool, but as I said... If I woulda had that buzz in dallas, it wouldn't have been good. So end result is I quit drinking.

Anyways, the one thing I can really say from this whole night is god damn I fucking hate oklahoma. What a waste basket.

Comment

Gabapentin

I quivered at all three words, they have all been thrown at me at various times, but usually with a big not attached to them, and at high volume.

But hidden within your posts is another solution. Perhaps I have to restrain my drinking to log cabins in backwaters from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X